• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the new patch and improved gavelkind succession it seems I might loose my capital to the non-heir pretender. I'm not sure, but I think that didn't happen before, and while I understand that my capital might not be the most valuable province (hence the game wants to give it away) but what about all that tech I've invested? Not to mention roleplaying reasons, changing the capital of a kingdom should be a major thing either forced by war or a conscious decision right?

Other than waiting for a patch is there something I can do short of infanticide?

EDIT: Could it be that the game doesn't recognise Gniezno as the de jure capital of Poland, even though it was until 1038?

2nd EDIT: Seems to be it. I'm working on a mini-mod to fix this.

Last edited:
No it's limited to English, Saxon, Norman and Celts, and you should see that in game by going to the title screen and hovering over the create button.

Yeah I can't remember where that button was.. but I guess I have to turn my son into a saxon norse then.

Not possible to raid in some catholic counties

When I have sent my men from Gotland to raid in some catholic areas in the north of Spain and some areas in England they don't start raiding. I have checked to see if the counties really are catholic and not norse, like a few counties in England, but they still don't raid. Is there a good reason for that or could that be a glitch?

When I have sent my men from Gotland to raid in some catholic areas in the north of Spain and some areas in England they don't start raiding. I have checked to see if the counties really are catholic and not norse, like a few counties in England, but they still don't raid. Is there a good reason for that or could that be a glitch?
Are you only raiding coastal provinces, or provinces next to rivers while your ships are nearby?

Are you only raiding coastal provinces, or provinces next to rivers while your ships are nearby?
I had my ships in the water outside the coast of Spain (Basque area), army triggered to raid, and raiding the coast. I could raid one county but the neighbour one didn't get raid. That happened also in french areas. I know that some counties in England are norse but that wasn't the reason either.

I'll go raiding the same area again a little bit later on and check if there is any change.

I had my ships in the water outside the coast of Spain (Basque area), army triggered to raid, and raiding the coast. I could raid one county but the neighbour one didn't get raid. That happened also in french areas. I know that some counties in England are norse but that wasn't the reason either.

I'll go raiding the same area again a little bit later on and check if there is any change.
Your ships aren't full of loot are they?

Is it possible for the Mongols to convert to Zoroastrianism? If the Zoroastrians manage to survive or thrive before the Mongols show up, I think they should get a shot at converting the horde.

Is it possible for the Mongols to convert to Zoroastrianism? If the Zoroastrians manage to survive or thrive before the Mongols show up, I think they should get a shot at converting the horde.
I wonder if the mongol conversion event has been changed to simply be through the chaplain mission now.

Havent played CK2 in ages, so these questions may be stupid; Can I convert to Zoroastrianism as a Byzantine lord, if I buy the Old Gods (and I'll buy Legacy of Rome too) and fight to convert the Levant to that religion?

I remember there was an event in CK2 where you got interested in a religion of one of your vassals/court members. Is that possible for Orthodox->Zoroaster?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question...

but, is there an easy way (for those of us not adept with computers) to mod or cheat the pagan religions into reforming? Or giving them a better chance of reforming? I've been playing as christian rulers (wales in my most recent game), and I think it would be fun to be able to go up against some reformed pagans and see how they do compared to the non-reformed ones. However, in most of my games so far, even if the norse don't end up going all christian, they certainly never have come close to having three different holy sites. In any event, just for fun, I would love to find a way to reform them while playing a christian just for the challenge.

Any suggestions?

I noticed that the Norse loose their retinue bonus upon reforming. Is that intentional?

I just bought CK2 and updated to 1.10 before doing anything else. But I kinda want to play the original version of the game first without all the pagan and looting stuff. Is there some way to un-install 1.10 or do I have to do a complete un-install?

I just bought CK2 and updated to 1.10 before doing anything else. But I kinda want to play the original version of the game first without all the pagan and looting stuff. Is there some way to un-install 1.10 or do I have to do a complete un-install?

Complete re-install would be required. But really, the pagan looting doesn't change much for the 1066 start, except maybe that the Pommeranians historically last a little longer due to their defensive bonus.

... I think it would be fun to be able to go up against some reformed pagans and see how they do compared to the non-reformed ones... I would love to find a way to reform them while playing a christian just for the challenge. Any suggestions?
What you could do is to start a new game and play as one of the larger, and more powerful, pagan rulers, give him a lot of money by using the console and start conquering other holy sites to be able to reform the pagan religion. When you have done the pagan reformation you could resign and go in again to play as a catholic ruler to find out what it's like to meet a reformed pagan.

Or you could maybe in the save of your current game give some holy sites to a pagan ruler and hope that the AI will make the reformation itself.

Your ships aren't full of loot are they?
I don't think they were filled with any loot. Never mind about that. It's passed time and looting is working ok now.

I had another problem recently though. I had two armies looting in Poland/Russia and wanted to make one of my armies to embark the fleet. Eight of ten times nothing happened and the other two times the army began to walk to cross the river to the county on the other side. I made the army walk all the way to the Baltic Sea and had my fleet by the coast but the army still wouldn't embark it. The only solution was to merge the two armies to one larger army to be able to embark the fleet. Very strange indeed.

Last edited:
I noticed that the Norse loose their retinue bonus upon reforming. Is that intentional?

Yeah that is intended. You lose a lot of the military bonus that being unreformed gives you, but it becomes harder for other religions to convert your provinces and easier for you to spread your own religion.