Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India - Patchnotes and Ask us anything! [2.1.1 CFYM]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some questions about whether bugs have been fixed:

- Tweaks and improvements to many events and decisions.

Is the "Build the Third Temple" bug fixed? (where the decision would permanently break if the ruler who took the decision died or lost Jerusalem before the temple finished construction)
Or the bug where Catholics could not donate to any holy order via decision if all 5 of them exist?

Other bugs:

Is the bug where army leaders are lost on save loading fixed? It's not that big a problem for levies, but it's really annoying for mercenaries/holy orders.
Has the lack of Jewish and Aztec crusade target weights been fixed?
Has the lack of pagan attrition for West African pagans been fixed?
Have the various crusade/jihad/Great Holy War bugs been fixed? For example: When the title is awarded to a landless courtier they become a vassal of their former employer, often meaning that infidels end up being awarded the lands taken in a crusade. Also, the "crusade successful" event seems to fire even if a crusade ended inconclusively for some reason or another.
Does the AI use holy orders correctly now? (instead of hiring, disbanding, and re-hiring them until they run out of piety)

Also, thank you very much, Paradox, for fixing the Restore the Ecumenical Patriarchate bug!

Questions about actual new features:
Are there any blocks in place for Indian religions demanding conversion from each other, or proselytizing each other, or (for Hindus) holy warring each other? Also, are they all part of the same religious group?
Are there any Indian Republics being added?
Will vassals have their diplomatic range calculated from their personal realm, or their liege's realm?
Any changes to Muslim succession laws? Several threads mentioned historical examples of female rulers in Muslim realms, and I do wish there was a way of modeling these rare events.

If children cannot be educated to different religion and culture from the guardian's employers, then you cannot culture shift your dynasty, unless you risk sending your heir off to a foreign court? Or did I misunderstand it?

Well this is an annoying and stupid change.

Surely a guardian of religion x will try and secretly teach their student religion x, especially if they are zealous?

How are religious conversions supposed to function now, ie. how can people create a Norse Roman Empire? The only plausible way this might have happened is a Varangian tutor teaching a child to secretly be of a certain religion, and it was possible that Constantine was converted (if he was truly converted) in this way.

His employer means his direct liege, and sending him to another court to be educated does not give him a new liege so he would not change culture.

But what in Hades does this sentence mean? Who is the "him" being referenced as not getting a new liege.

Consider: my vassal has a chancellor. The chancellor's employer is my vassal. If I send my child to be educated by that chancellor my child is going to another court. I'm still his liege but the liege of the educator is my vassal. Who or what determines whether the child could change culture and/or religion???

lol very nice fixes...

hopefully the missing merc leaders upon reloading a save gets fixed.. quite annoying bug...

and as usual, those who want the interfaith marriage ban lifted has to wait another patch for a possible fix... :angry:

His employer means his direct liege, and sending him to another court to be educated does not give him a new liege so he would not change culture.

But what in Hades does this sentence mean? Who is the "him" being referenced as not getting a new liege.

Consider: my vassal has a chancellor. The chancellor's employer is my vassal. If I send my child to be educated by that chancellor my child is going to another court. I'm still his liege but the liege of the educator is my vassal. Who or what determines whether the child could change culture and/or religion???
Sorry, I left out the whole conversation:
All posts below copied from the first page of this thread...

Post #9
If children cannot be educated to different religion and culture from the guardian's employers, then you cannot culture shift your dynasty, unless you risk sending your heir off to a foreign court? Or did I misunderstand it?
Post #11
No you did not misunderstand it :)
Post #13
Lets say I sent my son off to be educated by the chancellor of my vassal... If the chancellor was Scottish, the vassal was Scottish, but I was Irish, would the son be able to be converted to Scottish culture then? i.e. Is it the overall liege, or just the one at the court where the child is being educated, that is important?
Post #15

edit - In summary, it looks like you need to send your son off so you are no longer his liege if you want to change his culture.

edit 2 - Though reading it a second time, it might be the guardian who needs to have the same culture of the court he resides in. I don't understand now either. Doh!

Last edited:
No and it won't be, for it's not a bug.

Yup, not a bug. West Africans are apparently designed to have no features, since CK2 evidently must always have a blank religion or something.

Post #15

edit - In summary, it looks like you need to send your son off so you are no longer his liege if you want to change his culture.

edit 2 - Though reading it a second time, it might be the guardian who needs to have the same culture of the court he resides in. I don't understand now either. Doh!

My reading was that it's effectively impossible to change his culture without making him leave your court, and not in the normal "tutored by a guy in another court" way but in a "banished from my court" way. Since his "liege" remains you even when you send him off to be educated, he can't change culture in that way. In normal games, I can only see this happening if you do something like marry a son off to an other-culture Duchess somewhere else where his boy, your grandson, is educated by another person from that court. When they all come back to your court, they'll have a different culture..

I could be reading it wrong, but that's what I got from Groogy's comments.

I could be reading it wrong, but that's what I got from Groogy's comments.

What this tells me is that we need some specific clarification from the dev team on what this means. Examples would be nice, too. I consider this a very important part of the game. My main question comes down to:

If I want to get rid of a "foreigner" penalty and I send my heir to be educated in the court of my vassal (that is a different court, right?) who is of the "correct" culture, can my heir change culture and lose the foreigner penalty when he/she succeeds me?

How are religious conversions supposed to function now, ie. how can people create a Norse Roman Empire? The only plausible way this might have happened is a Varangian tutor teaching a child to secretly be of a certain religion, and it was possible that Constantine was converted (if he was truly converted) in this way.

I am pretty sure the whole of the mechanic is to make such things like Norse Roman Empire impossible to happen. I expect the remaining methods to be killed of later, leaving it only so that Pagans and Indians can change religion.
Constantine is from another time period, not the Middle Ages (more accurately, he was from time he was from times when idea of Religious Reforms was popular in the Roman Empire, not from times where Christianity and Rome became synonymous).

Yup, not a bug. West Africans are apparently designed to have no features, since CK2 evidently must always have a blank religion or something.

Number of features a group gets depends on how many potential players it would have. With West Africans being on the bottom of "interesting to play" for most players, they get least resources spent on them. Thats also why Norse get more than other Pagans: for most players, they are the most interesting Pagan religion.

So if you move your capital, you can build in the new area, not in the old one, but it doesn't affect your previously built tradeposts? Are they still able to be upgraded, claimed, etc?

Yeah you will keep your old trade posts

Based on those notes, I take it the Special Unit function and any related modding changes are only going to available to people who purchase RoI?

No, the patch notes are stuff not locked to the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.