• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Use the "locate title" button on the minimap interface and type the name of the target.

That's what I tried. The Pope has called a crusade against the Shiekhdom of Antiochea, so that's where I sent my troops. However, when I got there no siege began. There is even a Muslim army standing there and no battle began. It says the army belongs to Sanaa. The Sheikhdom of Antiochea is currently owned by the Emiratee of Sanaa so I'm not sure what's going on. I supposed that there might be a Shiekh of Antiochea somewhere who has a different territory known as the Sheikhdom of Antiochea, but I have no idea how to find out who I'm supposed to be crusading against.

EDIT: Do I have to declare war to go on a crusade (because I didn't)?

Question: my heir keeps getting assasinated under elective law. And sometimes i dont got any other male heir... is there anyway to prevent the damn AI from assasinating my heir right after i nominate it? Or at least, of decreasing AI chances for assasination.

I think the intrigue of your heir (and their state intrigue if they're landed) will determine how well they avoid assasination. If they're the subject of a plot I think they're chances go down considerably. I'd make sure they have good intrigue stats and are married to someone with the same. I'd also keep an eye on the plots to nip things in the bud if possible.

I'm the King of Ireland I hold holdings in De Jure England. One Province has two holdings ( the city and Bishopric ) held by the English King while my Vassal holds the capital and county title.

When I try and press claim for these holdings in the name of my vassal I can only press for one of the holdings not both. There is no press all claims button. Do I have to declare war on two seperate occasions with a 10 year truce in-between just to take full control of this county?

Also If I have claims on other counties and I use 'press all claims' why can't I also press my vassals or courtiers claims in the same war?

I'm the King of Ireland I hold holdings in De Jure England. One Province has two holdings ( the city and Bishopric ) held by the English King while my Vassal holds the capital and county title.

When I try and press claim for these holdings in the name of my vassal I can only press for one of the holdings not both. There is no press all claims button. Do I have to declare war on two seperate occasions with a 10 year truce in-between just to take full control of this county?

Also If I have claims on other counties and I use 'press all claims' why can't I also press my vassals or courtiers claims in the same war?

As far as Im aware pressing county claims for underlying baronies presses all the claims on that one county.

Press all claims for ducal titles claims all the ducal tittles you have on that guy (most commonly seen in Russia where everyone has claims on everyone elses dukedoms.) It won't press your vassals/courtiers claims as well.

I am the Count of Metz, I'm married to the Countess of Verdun (her title not mine) who is 45, our heir is our oldest daughter of three (no sons), who is married to the Prince of France, in a regular marriage. Does this mean I have to take some urgent action to prevent game over, and if so, what kind of action. I'm not overly keen on killing my daughter, but if I have to to ensure the family...

My other daughters are underage and unbetrothed as yet.

1. When do vassals of vassals take an opinion hit when you increase Crown Authority? I was playing as King of Ireland and had transferred all of my earls and barons to a Bishop-Prince who had just won the Duchy of Gwynedd after I had pressed his claim. When I increased Crown Authority his new welsh earls didn't take an opinion hit but all my former vassals did.

2. Is there a timer for opinion hits from increasing crown authority, revoking titles, tyranny etc ... ?

I am the Count of Metz, I'm married to the Countess of Verdun (her title not mine) who is 45, our heir is our oldest daughter of three (no sons), who is married to the Prince of France, in a regular marriage. Does this mean I have to take some urgent action to prevent game over, and if so, what kind of action. I'm not overly keen on killing my daughter, but if I have to to ensure the family...

Yes it will eventually mean game over. At 45 your wife can't have any more kids, so your stuck with what you have now. I would certainly recommend killing you oldest daughter, not only will this mean that someone you can still marry matrilineally as the new heir, but also prevents the dynasty of the French king getting claims on your titles. With claims on your titles they can revoke them for free, and AI rulers tend to do it whenever possible, even if you have great relations. Alternatively kill the Prince if you can. If the Prince and your daughter already have children though, your going to have to change your succession laws to elective, and try and vote for your second daughter. Just remember to marry her matrilineally!

1. When do vassals of vassals take an opinion hit when you increase Crown Authority? I was playing as King of Ireland and had transferred all of my earls and barons to a Bishop-Prince who had just won the Duchy of Gwynedd after I had pressed his claim. When I increased Crown Authority his new welsh earls didn't take an opinion hit but all my former vassals did.

2. Is there a timer for opinion hits from increasing crown authority, revoking titles, tyranny etc ... ?

Were all the former vassals in Ireland? I'm guessing since you raised Irish crown authority it pisses off all rulers in Ireland, and the Welsh ones just don't care. And yes there is a timer, but I don't know how long it is, seems to be between 10-20 years.

Were all the former vassals in Ireland? I'm guessing since you raised Irish crown authority it pisses off all rulers in Ireland, and the Welsh ones just don't care.

Yes, all my former vassals were in Ireland. This would explain it, thanks. Does this mean that the scope of my Crown Authority laws is limited to counties which are part of Ireland's de jure Kingdom? Which law would then be applicable to my new welsh counties?

Last edited:
Thanks, you are a game saver.

I've had a look and I now know what happened. My current guy married a woman 10 years his senior, which cut her childbearing years down a lot, and arranged his daughters wedding while I was still playing *his* mother, who lasted over 40 years as Countess.

So, looking for ways round that problem in future, betroth grandchildren to stop anyone else grabbing them first, even if I have no intention of honouring the betrothal?

Well, someone has to die, but not necessarily the daughter. If she doesn't have sons yet, you can kill her husband and remarry her matrilinearly. Or you kill your wife (could be easier via plot), and a a young a fertile new one in order to get a son.

Well, someone has to die, but not necessarily the daughter. If she doesn't have sons yet, you can kill her husband and remarry her matrilinearly. Or you kill your wife (could be easier via plot), and a a young a fertile new one in order to get a son.

Killing my wife would be the #1 choice, but her heir is our daughter, not me, so I believe I'd lose the county of Verdun to France, which would really hurt the long term goal of securing the whole of Lorraine.

Turns out killing the prince had a better success rate, so I went with that, and got him at the second time of asking. Naturally, the French revenge was swift (less than 6 months) and bloody, so I'm now the (newly) unwed teenage Countess. I suspect France probably still hate me as well. Oops...

I think the intrigue of your heir (and their state intrigue if they're landed) will determine how well they avoid assasination. If they're the subject of a plot I think they're chances go down considerably. I'd make sure they have good intrigue stats and are married to someone with the same. I'd also keep an eye on the plots to nip things in the bud if possible.

So getting a loyal Spymaster's bonus if holding a county or more will also help by boosting total intrigue.

@Vurogj.
Get a divorce and get married again. Get for a wife a lustful young elusive shadow. You will have loads of children. One son and its game on.

Also does anyone know how many cities a mayor can hold if they have 18 stewardship Im looking for the tax in my demesne?

I tried to search for answers but failed on that, so...

1. Can I become an emporer if I own multiple kingdoms? If so, how? I want to avoid other people trying to claim any of my kingdoms or let them have a kingdom as long as I am the emporer and it is still under my control.

2. How to avoid my kingdom to break apart when my king dies. It is always a pain in the butt. I always save money, so that my new ruler can bribe all people to calm down. Is there any better way to avoid this?

3. How can I claim an entire kingdom? As Scottland I can do this with france (maybe because of the king married my daughter?)
However, I always have to fight my way through England step by step. I want to finish England once and for all.

Is there any negative effects of owning Rome as a catholic? Currently the Pope sits in Orbetello, and the Prince-Bishop of Rome is his vassal... Is there anything that makes every other catholic hate you, like I believe there was in CK1?

I tried to search for answers but failed on that, so...

1. Can I become an emporer if I own multiple kingdoms? If so, how? I want to avoid other people trying to claim any of my kingdoms or let them have a kingdom as long as I am the emporer and it is still under my control.

2. How to avoid my kingdom to break apart when my king dies. It is always a pain in the butt. I always save money, so that my new ruler can bribe all people to calm down. Is there any better way to avoid this?

3. How can I claim an entire kingdom? As Scottland I can do this with france (maybe because of the king married my daughter?)
However, I always have to fight my way through England step by step. I want to finish England once and for all.

1. No you have to be Emperor of HRE or Byzantine Emperor.
2.Step one keep one prisoner so you can release them for the popularity bonus that is 10 points. Step 2 make sure you can distribute honorary titles to the right people at the right time. Step 3 make sure your heir has high diplomacy and your King has a good chancellor. Step 4 lower taxes or levies for someone they will be happy you can always put it back up later. Also its cheaper then bribing or going to war. Step 5 you can bribe selectivly when prudent and necessary other wise there is always reward someone with a new county or title and when in absolute doubt assassinate the awkward people. *Note* you need to know what traits your vassals have as if your new ruler is opposed in traits they will hate him.
3. Ive not managed it yet except for pressing claims during marriage. Best way is to marry a daughter of a King. Produce an heir. Assassinate all other heirs of that King but your wife and wait.