• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will the latest patches be available via Gamersgate?
I don't see 1.05c/1.05d on GG

I think you can safely patch via the Game Launcher (at least the checksum is correct) when using the GamersGate version.

There are a number of new threads in the Bug Report and General Forums on a consequence of one of the changes in 1.05d patch.

- The hostility of attached armies is now determined by the army they are attached to

I for one was fighting a vassal who had rebelled; he had a 18,650 man doomstack attached to his 350 puny army. The doomstack was there to defend him against a new infidel Holy War declared against him. But he used the doomstack to go up and down my territory, assaulting my Catholic castles, cities, churches, and of course armies.

I think it should be changed to be more like Holy Orders--the troops attached to the unit will only fight those they are supposed to defend against, not just anybody that the lead unit is hostile towards.

Is there a way to roll the game back to 1.05c without completely deinstalling and re-installing everything?

I don't really see how this is a "hot-fix". In my mind, a hot-fix is a small patch that only addresses a few game-breaking issues. Adding features and mechanics and tweaking game balance is not a hot fix.

Believe me, I love new features and mechanics, and it's fantastic that Paradox does such a great job of giving us extra free content after release. But new features and mechanics needs to be tested. They shouldn't be shipped out in a hot-fix only to have it turn out that they're half-baked and broken. Keep the new things in your pocket for a tested, polished patch release, and save the hot-fixes for game-breaking bugs.

As it is, these are having the opposite effect. I've gone from a perfectly enjoyable game under 1.05c to being locked in an un-endable war in 1.05d. If your hot-fixes are introducing new game-breaking issues, that's a big problem.

I don't really see how this is a "hot-fix". In my mind, a hot-fix is a small patch that only addresses a few game-breaking issues. Adding features and mechanics and tweaking game balance is not a hot fix.

Believe me, I love new features and mechanics, and it's fantastic that Paradox does such a great job of giving us extra free content after release. But new features and mechanics needs to be tested. They shouldn't be shipped out in a hot-fix only to have it turn out that they're half-baked and broken. Keep the new things in your pocket for a tested, polished patch release, and save the hot-fixes for game-breaking bugs.

As it is, these are having the opposite effect. I've gone from a perfectly enjoyable game under 1.05c to being locked in an un-endable war in 1.05d. If your hot-fixes are introducing new game-breaking issues, that's a big problem.

Completely agree. Hopefully someone from Paradox sees this too.

Plus calling allies still ends the war inconclusivly sometimes.

This seems to happen anytime I call in allies. :(

By the way you should consider looking into this for a future hotfix/patch. It's been possible since 1.03 and whilst not necessarily a bug I'd certainly call it an exploit.

Checksum: BDNP

Well, what do you know - it's yet another hot fix. Hopefully this is the last fix to 1.05.

Well, hopefully it's not, since now when one of your vassal declares a war to another of your vassals, it says "NOT_KEY_FOR_TEXTS" or something in stead of name of the war.

still can't connect to the metaserver, a lot of people have this problem after applying 1.05, so i hope that this was going to be the last hotfix was a joke...

- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal

Can you be more SPECIFIC DOOMDARK? Is this per the tooltip DYNASTY vassal or ANY vassal ruler? Plus would this include Mayors, Bishops and Barons within a County?