Crusader Kings II - 2.1.3 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum OSRS - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you're abusing the ruler designer to make OP characters (which I always do) then just open the defines.lua and change the ruler designer age modifier.

Or do it the more irritating way and use event console commands.
Or just use RD to make a portrait and coat-of-arms, then open uncompressed save game and edit your character. Basic text editing isn't really that hard even to someone who has never done any game modding himself.
That way you can have any character from a lunatic imbecile to a living god.

U6PNScV.png

No but seriously, some traits were really wacky and way off so we decided to clean up in the designer. It really needed to get dusted off.

Hey wait a second, Mr. Paradox Man Person.

Why does the Homosexual trait add years now, even though it still gives a -15% fertility and a -10 vassal opinion?

Last edited:
Patch 2.1.3 made the game playable on my Windows XP machine again. There's still some noticeable bugs, but at least the game is now able to run on my old machine with all portrait packs and expansions enabled. Thank you.

Last edited:
"- Can no longer pick the "Excommunicated" trait in the ruler designer"

WHY

Indian religious unrest fix?

Hi!

I'm playing as an Indian, Buddhist ruler in an ironman game I started before the patch. The patch note says that the patch "Fixed a bug that gave Indian provinces way too much revolt risk from certain events." but I'm still getting the 50% religious unrest modifier in my provinces, without an expiration date. Does the patch only affect freshly started games? If so, is there any way to get rid of the revolt risk in my current game? It's making the game pretty much unplayable. I've thought about converting to hinduism, would that fix this problem?

Hi!

I'm playing as an Indian, Buddhist ruler in an ironman game I started before the patch. The patch note says that the patch "Fixed a bug that gave Indian provinces way too much revolt risk from certain events." but I'm still getting the 50% religious unrest modifier in my provinces, without an expiration date. Does the patch only affect freshly started games? If so, is there any way to get rid of the revolt risk in my current game? It's making the game pretty much unplayable. I've thought about converting to hinduism, would that fix this problem?

The religious unrest modifiers in a save will never go away. You'll have to open the save file and delete them manually.

Any chance of getting some usable filters in the character search tool?

Obvious ones like trait filtering, and excluding characters you can't interact with because of distance.

This sort of thing has really been needed since release, even more now we have this excluded from interacting mechanic.

TVM.

Does the patch only affect freshly started games?
Correct.

If so, is there any way to get rid of the revolt risk in my current game? It's making the game pretty much unplayable.
Ironman game? You're out of luck then.

I've thought about converting to hinduism, would that fix this problem?
From my experience, no, but you're welcome to try.

Obvious ones like trait filtering...
But Paradox DID add trait filtering in 2.1.2... it's even in the patch notes!

...and excluding characters you can't interact with because of distance.
This we do need.

Obvious ones like trait filtering, and excluding characters you can't interact with because of distance.

This sort of thing has really been needed since release, even more now we have this excluded from interacting mechanic.

TVM.

Um, trait filtering was just added. Search for the name of the trait.

I'm hoping here for a "can_hold_temples" version for cities, so I could mod my game the way I wanted to.
"I want to make my own religion. With can_hold_temples and can_hold_cities.
With blackjack and wincest!"

This doesnt help the incredible laggy issue after the new patch 2.1.2 and 2.1.3... After installing ROI it worked fine, but now with these "update".....I still can´t believe that a couple of patches could kill my favorit ! :( I guess its time to find a new game.

This doesnt help the incredible laggy issue after the new patch 2.1.2 and 2.1.3... After installing ROI it worked fine, but now with these "update".....I still can´t believe that a couple of patches could kill my favorit ! :( I guess its time to find a new game.

If the game has been rendered unplayable for you, could you please put up an issue on the tech support forum and add a DxDiag report for me to inspect?