Crusader Kings II - 2.0.1 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum XFMJ - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If they're starting in your court, just land them after the warning that they're gathering a host. Courtiers can't adventure against you if they're your vassals.

Talk about negotiating with terrorists. Unfortunately, if you're starting out small and don't have any land to give out, this random event can end your game single-handedly.

Talk about negotiating with terrorists. Unfortunately, if you're starting out small and don't have any land to give out, this random event can end your game single-handedly.

Could revoke a baron level title to get something to hand out. That's pretty much what I always do, as they don't deserve any higher level titles.

Does it automatically update the game or do I have to manually update it? If so, how do I manually update it? (by the way I'm new to this game so that's why I don't know.)
If you have the game in Steam, Steam automatically updates ever game you have from them. If you have it from GamersGate there are links to the patch in the first pst of this very thread.

I gotta say that the "pretender is raising an army" events are pretty awful to deal with, though I didn't know that giving them land would actually avoid that. (and for me they tend to take years before they actually announce war) If the ruler doesn't have around 18 Martial and a demease of 7 or more, generally the ruler is going to lose, badly.

I've noticed Decadence wars to be even worse though. I once saw the Abbasids completely floored by a 180,000k doomstack of troops in the 867 start because they were at 100% decadence. Are decadence wars naturally that dangerous or does it depend on size? (cause the Abbasids held both Spain and the Arabian Empire before it fell apart)