Crusader Kings II - 2.0.1 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum XFMJ - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just purchased SoA along with the other DLCs (can't wait to listen to Andreas Waldetoft's new scores in particular, as always, dude's probably as good as Jeremy Soule, you guys really gotta keep him on board if you ever get around to RPG-oriented DLC's, he can really create the atmosphere), though I honestly dread Patch 2.0, even with the Hotfix. Is there any chance that some of the levy/event troop disproportions will be addressed any time soon?

Unless you can confirm that's WAD and the player's supposed to get toppled from his highest title or get vassalised every now and then and risk game-over if playing on a count level. I guess I could live with that. But IMHO 'rebels flock to banners' exceeding real levy is kinda wrong anyway, especially when the liege's levies are still in the field, which means that the respective manpower is currently being used.

Because it was a bug. Pagans should be limited to Gavelkind becaise of balancing reasons.

They didn't appreciate primo that much, and for some it took centuries after conversion to stop gavelkinding into tiny principalities. For example some of the baronies you can see in d_Silesia (and much of Poland and Russia anyway) were real-life duchies.

I agrre, I'm can't get backinto it without an event troop rebalancing.

good news is that it will probably be sorted out in a month or so, and luckily for me... I bought EU4 when it was released and never spent any real time with it due to lack of time and CK2 obsession, so I'll sepnd the next month or so learning to play that and conquering the new world.

Looks like a great changelog—any word of rebalancing the event troops and making feudalism viable again, though?

They're just created at random. Their claims aren't pressed. The antipope mechanics are the same (i.e. pretty useless) so you end up with multiple antipopes, catholicism breaking up and...that's it. The antipopes don't actually do anything other than lower MA.

Would still appreciate more clarification. I recall reading in the release notes specifically that the patch tweaks the probability of a ruler creating an antipope to increase the odds because before they never or rarely did, which historically happened a bit more frequently than that, right? But now people want it turned off completely? Perhaps their claims should be pressed, would that make the game more interesting? Perhaps an authority crisis should occur in some percentage of games? I wish there were more benefit to assassinating a competing pope. Multiple antipopes should be rare but possible. Isn't the point to declare war against the ruler who created it? And if that ruler is powerful enough to maintain it, then Christendom should have to live with the consequences. I'm just trying to find out whether some are interested in eliminating a legitimate challenge only because it prevents an obstacle that wasn't there before. Does it call for greater stratagem or just needs some fine-tuning?

Lads, with all due respect, but SoA and the 2.00 / 2.01 patches seriously ruined the game. Yes, it works, if one does not enable any of the Mods available- but seriously, the SWMH, PB or CK+ mods are sth. once used to, are not to be missed anymore- yet with those patches it is impossible to get the game running,it mostly breaksdown already when loading it. I really hope that this will be put into regard when the next fixes/patches are coming up- or that some of the major things the mods did (like SWMH) are worked into the game.

Lads, with all due respect, but SoA and the 2.00 / 2.01 patches seriously ruined the game. Yes, it works, if one does not enable any of the Mods available- but seriously, the SWMH, PB or CK+ mods are sth. once used to, are not to be missed anymore- yet with those patches it is impossible to get the game running,it mostly breaksdown already when loading it. I really hope that this will be put into regard when the next fixes/patches are coming up- or that some of the major things the mods did (like SWMH) are worked into the game.

Eh... Of course mods can't work with all this new patches. But paradox can't do anything against it (or do you want that they don't add new things for the players and modders?). The mods will be updated. Thats happened every patch...

Finally got to start a playthrough Sunday (Vimaraes Duke of Portucale).

I am only on my third generation ruler, but so far, I really like the activity around me, heretics all over the place, the fluid back and forth all across the map... East Francia fought off the Norse, Muslims and Christians are trading Aragon back and forth, Muslims took Syria from Byzantium in Jihad.

I love the levy rebalancing, except it seems the special/event troop numbers are massive compared to what most realms can pull together to defend with at the beginning of the game. More precisely, the Norse took almost the whole of Britannia within years, and Nantes invaded Aquitaine and swallowed it whole almost as quickly (but at the end of the playthrough, Aquitaine was recovered by a crusade, so that data point might not support an event troop nerf).

The Duchy now encompasses the dejure land of the Kingdom of Portugal, has the Vimraes kinfolk solidly in control, is now recently independent and is only 100 ducats short of being able to create the Kingdom.

All fun so far!

edit -
Ooh, how quickly fortunes turn... the Norse are on the retreat in England and Ireland. The heresies are having trouble establishing themselves anywhere. As for Portugal, I am slowly gobbling up Andalusia as planned.
:)
Opportunistically, I placed my character's son and heir on the throne of France when the Karling realms splintered, but that may have been a mistake. The Karlings are dogpiling him but I can't help without pausing my own attacks through Spain and sending my army north. I thought West Francia would have been a nice addition to my future realm but it may have been a stretch too far.
:(
After further play, I am not 100% convinced the starting event troops are impossibly strong anymore, at least in the west. The Norse were unable to hold on to their gains in Britannia and Francia. The religious rebellions are really strong. Even I am having issues with the muslim provinces I am acquiring. There may be some balancing needed with popup armies being too strong, but I don't know which way to move the values yet.

Last edited:
Because it was a bug. Pagans should be limited to Gavelkind becaise of balancing reasons.

I just don't understand why West African/Mande pagans both don't get anything unique, and don't get any abilities unlike the rest of the pagan group. It isn't as if the Norse or Slavic religions lasted much longer, after all. Even using the name "West Pagan" seems completely without flavour, despite we get "Suomenusko" rather than "Finno-Ugric Faith."

And apparantly, the tooltip still implies that West Africans get defensive bonuses.

Last edited:
Eh... Of course mods can't work with all this new patches. But paradox can't do anything against it (or do you want that they don't add new things for the players and modders?). The mods will be updated. Thats happened every patch...

I know - but the mods are now updated, at least according to the mods- however, this time,quite opposite to before, the game does not work anymore properly. Simple problem actually: I load the game, then choose a character, wanna start, the game loads for about half a minute (initialising it) and then just breaks down. That is annoying. It seems I am the only one having the problem however, seen no reports like that anywhere else :(

I know - but the mods are now updated, at least according to the mods- however, this time,quite opposite to before, the game does not work anymore properly. Simple problem actually: I load the game, then choose a character, wanna start, the game loads for about half a minute (initialising it) and then just breaks down. That is annoying. It seems I am the only one having the problem however, seen no reports like that anywhere else :(

Save the mods in the My Documents folder of the game, not in your game one.

Agreed. Random doomstacks out of nowhere are insane. I keep having landless adventurers starting hosts from within my own court (that I can't do anything about because imprisoning them gives me Tyranny) raising armies bigger than my entire nation overnight. That's just bananas.

Agreed. Random doomstacks out of nowhere are insane. I keep having landless adventurers starting hosts from within my own court (that I can't do anything about because imprisoning them gives me Tyranny) raising armies bigger than my entire nation overnight. That's just bananas.
If they're starting in your court, just land them after the warning that they're gathering a host. Courtiers can't adventure against you if they're your vassals.