Crusader Kings II - 1.05g PATCH RELEASED - Checksum GUHH - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is some historical errors in the 1066 and missing historical characters, but it's nice to see that some tweaks have been made even though many obvious could be made.

I'm talking about "Rurikovich" Dynasty, Di Canossa Dynasty/Wigeriche Dynasty, "Duchy" of Holland, missing daughters and wives after 11th century. etc.

It's only historical incorrect information and characters not being married at a specific date even though they should be several years before 1066. Is it still important enough to report?

Did they fix inheritance in this patch or the one before? The bugs in inheritance really broke the immersion of the game for me. Amazing game though of course :D

I'm amazed by the number of people playing on speed 1 and arguing at how they are playing a deeper game than us humble folks who learnt to use pause. Just wow

I'm amazed by the number of people playing on speed 1 and arguing at how they are playing a deeper game than us humble folks who learnt to use pause. Just wow

I don't believe a single person is claiming that we're "playing a deeper game". Can you please show me a quote of anyone who said this?

Also, why do you care what speed others are playing at? There are 5 speeds to chose from. You can play any speed you want. Speed 5 is limited only by your CPU.

I don't believe a single person is claiming that we're "playing a deeper game". Can you please show me a quote of anyone who said this?

Also, why do you care what speed others are playing at? There are 5 speeds to chose from. You can play any speed you want. Speed 5 is limited only by your CPU.
I cant see why anyone would want to play at full speed though, its so fast that things go too quickly to see whats happening. At least though the game pauses on popups. I usually (prior to 105f) play on 3 speed, so I can see whats going on in the game. With the change, I now play on speed 2 - its still fast enough. When nothing happens, then maybe I speed it up, but the majority of the time I play medium speed.

I agree, I wouldn't ever play at full speed myself either. The great thing is that there are several speeds to choose from, and I just don't understand why some people are so surprised and angry to the fact that there were people who enjoyed the old speed 1. This is such a non-issue to me considering there are 5 speeds. Bringing back the old speed 1 would in no way adversely impact anyone's gaming experience.

And actually, I have finally gone over to 1.05f from 1.05c, and I want to say that I'm really enjoying the new speed 1 myself. I like it, maybe even better than the old speed 1. But, I still think that the developers should bring back the old speed 1 because there are people who enjoy that speed more, and I also found it useful for certain situations.

Please don't take my position to be one of a "old speed 1" vs "new speed 1". My whole point from the very release of 1.05f was that there are 5 speeds, which I believe offer a wealth of gameplay speeds for all tastes, all preferences, and all gamers. Everyone wins when there are 5 choices! But forcing some people to play faster than they may want is not something I would've put into a hotfix, so I think the speeds should go back to how they were; I would be considerate to those people who want to play the game at a slower pace, there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree, I wouldn't ever play at full speed myself either. The great thing is that there are several speeds to choose from, and I just don't understand why some people are so surprised and angry to the fact that there were people who enjoyed the old speed 1. This is such a non-issue to me considering there are 5 speeds. Bringing back the old speed 1 would in no way adversely impact anyone's gaming experience.

And actually, I have finally gone over to 1.05f from 1.05c, and I want to say that I'm really enjoying the new speed 1 myself. I like it, maybe even better than the old speed 1. But, I still think that the developers should bring back the old speed 1 because there are people who enjoy that speed more, and I also found it useful for certain situations.

Please don't take my position to be one of a "old speed 1" vs "new speed 1". My whole point from the very release of 1.05f was that there are 5 speeds, which I believe offer a wealth of gameplay speeds for all tastes, all preferences, and all gamers. Everyone wins when there are 5 choices! But forcing some people to play faster than they may want is not something I would've put into a hotfix, so I think the speeds should go back to how they were; I would be considerate to those people who want to play the game at a slower pace, there is nothing wrong with that.

It's not so much "old speed 1 vs new speed 1", but "old speed 1 vs new speed 4"

I used to play generally on pause or speed 4, and go to 5 when i wanted to run down the clock.

I now play on pause or 3 normally.

I still can't see why you would ever want to play on 1 outside of multiplayer, just set all important events (battles, sieges, tech, buildings etc.) to auto pause