• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

admiral drake

Cogito ergo sum
53 Badges
Jun 30, 2003
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Ok since there is fair amount of intrest in playing another EU2 sunday game
i wil try to organize and host 1 again

-estimated date that we wil start is 27th September but this could be delayed a week if we need more people
-game time will be Sunday either 12pm-16pm cet or 15pm to 19pm cet (central europe timezone)
scenario 1419 or 1453
-please post your top 3 preference in the thread and if possible ad atleast 1 of the smaller powers to make it easier for me to fit everybody in if we have enough

player list wil be as following

tc pilot Spain
urko England
Drake France
ampo Sweden
joohoo Austria
john Brandenburg
dane Russia
Hal Poland
Pepsi Ottoman Empire
t-longo Portugal

Portugal
Netherlands (might be released from the start if played)
Venice
Persia

are available to be played if somebody wishes to join us

files required
http://europa2.ru/Europa/watk scenarios/UMPversion1.21.rar
random events
Roster :

Rules :

Vassalization:

If you get vassalised by a human player you must stay that way for 20 years, unless the overlord chooses to break it. After 20 years the vassal can break vassalage, but must do so by DOWing the overlord, unless otherwise agreed between them and their erstwhile master.

1. Any NAP agreement signed for a duration exceeding 20 years is null for whatever portion extends beyond the 20 year period, meaning that either side can declare it invalid past that point without taint to their honor. This does not prevent from regularly renewing NAP agreements, but at no given time can anybody be sure of the security of a border for decades and decades or even centuries, as often occurs.
2. This makes #1 a little redundant, but now any agreement with clauses that extend for over 20 years can be broken after the 20 year period without a loss of honor.
3. As a vassal :
* You cannot enter any other alliance than that of your overlord, nor start one of your own unless ok'd by your leader(excepting AI that are your vassals).
* You must accept a proposal of TA/MA from your overlord.
* You are not allowed to start any wars without permission of your overlord.
* You cannot give MA to any power without your Overlord's consent.
* You are *not* required to dow someone at the command of your overlord, send him cash at his command, provide troop support, or help him in any other way not included in the five clauses above.

4. The land-naval slider will be reset to 5 between every session. You are allowed to make slider moves, but just be aware that you will lose them at the end of the session.

5. Using certain exploits is forbidden. See below for more details.

* Attacking an enemy fleet with pirates, and attacking with small fleets to hinder an enemy shore landing.
* Releasing one or more vassals during wartime, to hinder an enemy.
* Force-burning of manufactories, i.e. repeated move and halt orders to an
army in a province with a manufactory.
* Using lag to your advantage. This includes (but is not limited to):
Sending lag colonists, building lag fortresses, sending lag missionaries,
using lag diplomats. (The exception is using lag diplomats to send cash).
* Declaring a 'fake' war on a country, with the aim to:
* Increase the stability of the nation you declare war on.
* Change the religion of a protestant or Counter-Reformed-Catholic
nation back to Catholicism before the Edict of Tolerance.
* Exploiting Simultanity: Using the game engine to break a deal, that would
occur simultaneously in the real word. This includes (but is not limited
to) the 'sale' of something in game. A break of any aspect of a deal after the initial exchange, like a refusal to continue to make payments or maintain a monopoly, is ok. However, if a peace deal is made that requires staggered payments or monopoly rights or anything like that, it MUST be honored by the tributary for the duration of the five year truce.
* Converting from Catholiscism to either Counter-reformed-Catholicism or
Protestantism and then switching back to Catholiscism before the Edict
of Tolerance.
* Trading maps with the AI.
* Sending loans to the AI.
* Signing a peace deal with the AI, that bankrupts it in the same day.
* Using MA to deprive another country of supplies without being at war with them
* Using MA to place 1 ship fleets in another country's ports in order to maintain them there for spying without the other person having any way of dislodging them.

8. no exploration with 100 or 100+ ships. Within known seazones avoiding attrition with 100+ ships is allright
9. when pausing the game, communicate with all other players
10. * Breaking a truce, except when the truce is a result of a province swap
deal in game, or when ok'd by both parties. You are not allowed to dow AI alliance members or vassals of
someone you have a truce with.
11. Brandenburg will become Prussia in 1701 no matter what
12. Spanish Bnacrupty events will be slept
13. gold and trade inflation will be added in 1575 and 1650, gold and trade will be added up and for every 500 combined income you will gain 1% inflation
14. No claiming DOTF or converting to counter reformed catholicism.
15. No trading maps, period. Asking for MA and using it to explore the others territory is ok, as is sacking the capital for maps in a fake war
16. if you DOW a vassal of another player you must dow the overlord. if this isnt possible you must break RM/MA so the other player can dow you without any stabhit.

Force peace rule:

Case 1: War between two nations.
If one side manages 99 warscore, the loser is at -3 stability and the war has been going on for at least 5 years, the winner can force peace with a stab-hitting peace offer.

Case 2: War between an alliance of 2 or more versus 1 nation (gang).
For any separate peace, see case 1.
If the alliance leader wants to force peace for the alliance against the 1 nation, he requires 99 alliance warscore and 99 warscore of his own (separately).

Case 3: War between 2 alliances of 2 or more nations.
For any non-alliance peace between two nations, see case 1.
For any alliance to separate nation peace deal (for any member of the other alliance, even leader), see case 2.
If the winning alliance's leader wants to force-peace the whole other alliance, he needs 99 warscore for his alliance on the other alliance and 99 warscore of his own against the losing alliance leader. It is the losing leader's stability that is taken into consideration.

no warships in europe
you can build warships in europe
you can use warships to transport troops from europe to ROTW
you cannot use warships in combat inside europe after 1500 (to allow those that start with warships to use them)
if you get caught in combat after this year you have to retreat as soon as the batle starts

Military acces
You have to cancel MA on an opponent request
it doesnt matter if your atwar or at peace
this includes Ma in vassals
you cannot ask for Ma with ai countrys outside europe except by demanding it in war*

Last edited:
I'm interested. I'm in NZ though, so I think I'd prefer the earlier time, as that's 23:00 - 03:00 here.

It looks like you're thinking about EU2 and not For the Glory, is that correct? If so, pardon my ignorance, but I'm curious as to why not going with FtG 1.3.

I also am a bit confused about the warships section. No warships after 1500 in europe? It's been a long time, but I don't recall ever seeing something like this before -- admittedly my games were largely with groups of people I already knew in my area, so maybe there were some exploits that just weren't a problem with my group, such as we never implemented the seemingly common prohibition on the naval/land slider that seems to be nearly universal, and it didn't ever seem to be a major issue. So just curious as to the rules you've got laid out if you don't mind filling me in.

A couple of the guys I'm playing Arsenal of Democracy with presently might be interested as well, I'll mention it to them in our game tomorrow.

because half the players dont have for the glory
and we kept crashing when we tryd ftg with more then 3people when we tryd back in the day

I've been able to play FtG on LAN games without any trouble, but I'm afraid that while I'm interested, I'll have to bow out, I was looking for a FtG game as I think that's a more polished version of EU2. Please don't misunderstand, I might've considered EU2, but I don't have it installed on my new machine and I haven't a clue as to where the disk might've gone (I don't think it made the last move with me, unfortunately).

i send you the link desertfox so you can play eu2

Yeah, thanks, got it!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how this is going, if there're enough others to put together a game & times everyone's needing.

I sign up.

Preferred nations:

1). Spain
2). France
3). England

Last edited:
Awesome guys!
I'm interested.

My preferences are:

1.) Sweden
2.) France
3.) England

Minor:

4.) Brandenburg

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks, got it!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on how this is going, if there're enough others to put together a game & times everyone's needing.

Hey DesertFoxx, EUII is awesome, trust me. Join our campaign and experience the fun and drama of a lifetime, heh.

Seriously though....we here have been playing this game off and on now for almost 14 years. Imagine how much fun we must've derived from the game to prompt such fanatical devotion. That, or we're simply such outlandish, cave dwelling nerds that we know no better, heh. Take your pick. :p

Oh and if possible please tell your friends about this campaign as well. The more the merrier.

Thank Ampoliros, I have played quite a bit of EU2 mp previously (but years ago), so I know how much fun it can be -- my work hours may change, so I want to see before I commit to another game, especially as
these times are hard for me to do in NZ.

So, like I said, I'm happy to keep an eye on this thread and if I'm able to, I'll strongly consider joining up, as you're quite right, it is loads of fun.

Unfortunately, my friends with whom I've played previously are largely located in the US and have moved on to Eu4 and tend to poke fun at me for still playing FtG and Arsenal of Democracy and not more 'modern' games. But the times wouldn't likely work anyways for them unfortunately because of the time difference.

I'm interested, but 13-17 would work a lot better for me.

I'd also suggest you ban using MA from an AI to explore land provinces. You could still use MA to resupply explorers, just not explore all of the asian COTs with a leaderless 1000 cav army.

I'm interested, but 13-17 would work a lot better for me.

I'd also suggest you ban using MA from an AI to explore land provinces. You could still use MA to resupply explorers, just not explore all of the asian COTs with a leaderless 1000 cav army.

Awesome! Barca is back. Do you mean 13-17 CET on Sundays? That would work for me as well.

bah then i have to get up early to go the gym ^^
would 14-18 work for you to dane ?

looks pretty good so far

that puts us at 6 i'm confident we wil reach 8 people at the very least in the next week

France
Russia
Sweden
Brandenburg

I'm just glad that, between you and Urko picking it, there's about a zero percent chance I'll have to play Spain!

Say Drake, what are your preferences? I know you don't need to put them here for placement purposes if you're assigning countries, but I for one would still be interested to know where you'll likely be:).

Er, looks like I calculated my time zone wrong. The 15-19 cet timeslot would be ideal.

BTW, is everyone still using ICQ or are we using something else?