• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Green_alien said:
A new Eutopia! Interesting, I'll be looking forward to it, I just hope that new Eutopia won't be too much of a banana republic.

The goal this time around, as Voshkod has already stated quite eloquently, is to re-focus the game on politics. We aim to trim off some of the unnecessary and distracting elements that added less to the game than they took and work in more player-to-player interaction and competition.

Basically, the hope is that you'll fight/bargain with each other more, and us (the GMs) less. :) So the "Banana Republic" aspect should be taken down at least a peg.

EDIT: Forgot the most important bit! Hope you come back and join us. :)

Basically, the hope is that you'll fight/bargain with each other more, and us (the GMs) less. So the "Banana Republic" aspect should be taken down at least a peg.

Good, I sort of hoped in that.

EDIT: Forgot the most important bit! Hope you come back and join us.

I'll try, but I can't promise anything.

Since the real reason I went awol was my moms health I suppose it would make an appropriate transition explanation. ML was in the US during the crisis setting up treatment for his mom? :confused:

My mom went in the hospital again due to her fight with brain cancer and had surgery for a 2nd time. I didn't have time to deal with anything with that going on and getting my internship started. Came back and found EUtopia in flames :p :eek:

Is there a master post somewheres so I don't need to keep reading through everything? :wacko: :confused:

I've just caught up with what's happened. What were the ESA (and Gonzov in paticular) trying to tell you guys about the Military? Tsk tsk tsk, I knew this would happen. :D

jacob-Lundgren said:
Is there a master post somewheres so I don't need to keep reading through everything? :wacko: :confused:

I'll work one up. FWIW, I figured M-L was in the General Assembly (since he was, at that point, Acting Speaker) and was therefore captured along with the rest of the MGAs. Hope your mom is doing well.

The_Hawk said:
I'll work one up. FWIW, I figured M-L was in the General Assembly (since he was, at that point, Acting Speaker) and was therefore captured along with the rest of the MGAs. Hope your mom is doing well.
She is doing decent and coming home this thursday, tommorow some people from her church are coming over to build a wheel chair ramp for us since she will need one for a little while.

The rest of the GA was captured? This is good news of sorts :D Perhaps ML has cause to stay around now. :D :p

jacob-Lundgren said:
She is doing decent and coming home this thursday, tommorow some people from her church are coming over to build a wheel chair ramp for us since she will need one for a little while.

The rest of the GA was captured? This is good news of sorts :D Perhaps ML has cause to stay around now. :D :p

Yep the whole mess was captured and offered the choice of getting on a plane to Bern and going into exile, house arrest, or getting shot in the woods. ML had to make that choice too. ;)

Glad to hear your mom's doing well enough to come home...hope you guys get through this OK.

Really? Tough deal.

Exactly why did Leverage commit the coup?

What was the deal with the constitutional screw-up?

Loic had declared himself incapable of fulfilling his duties, leaving O'Floinn, the VP, in charge. Then Loic comes back, says he's President again, declares Talbott MTIA and VP, and resigns. Then O'Floinn anounces that because Loic had to resign before Talbott could take his place in the cabinet, Loic had automatically resigned before he officially said he was, leaving O'Floinn President, and Talbott MTIA/VP.

Uh, that seems very complicated. Why did Loic assume the presidency and then resign so soon? Why did he resign in the first place?

Calling all citizens!

During the transition from Eutopia 2 to Eutopia 3, heagarty kicked off a history project to record for posterity's sake the events of Eutopia 2. While we got some great stuff, the project was incomplete when E3 started, and it's made little progress since. As we're on a hiatus, and now have even more information to record, it would be a shame to waste this time.

I'm already working on recounting Terms 8-11, though anyone who wants to add some different perspective is welcome to. What I'm really after are two things:

1) Someone who was around during Terms 2, 3, and 6 who might be willing to cough up a few paragraphs recounting the events thereof (see this thread for inspiration); and,

2) Anyone and everyone who's willing to write a sentence or two about any of the PCs or NPCs listed in this post, or any other major PC or NPC that appeared in E3 (or anyone from E2 that was left out.) I would encourage anyone who's planning on switching to a new PC in E4 to commemorate their old character with a little about who they were and what they did. ;)

Just post anything here, or PM it to me, and I'll see that it makes its way into the thread.

Thanks!

So Vosh, if I understand you correctly I could just wait to see the plot evolve or arrive this evening? :)

von Streusser said:
Yep the whole mess was captured and offered the choice of getting on a plane to Bern and going into exile, house arrest, or getting shot in the woods. ML had to make that choice too. ;)

Glad to hear your mom's doing well enough to come home...hope you guys get through this OK.
And I need to make that deal why? I think its obvious I wasn't in the country. :rofl: And them offering me house arrest would never happen :rofl: You don't stick a potential enemy on a huge estate surrounded by his own security people and blueprints to every government facility. :p

edit: one of 2 things would have happened IF ML was about to be captured, being speaker with more connections then the average GA person he would have escaped or they would have just shot him. Of course shooting him is likely to cause some kind of back-lash :D In the end the average citizen on the street would view him as someone who really tried to change/fix things since he won that election for 2 seats by himself and the mods allowed that so its too late to take that back. :p

Last edited:
Very well, ML was in America with mum.

But keep in mind, considering the people involved in the coup, most of his/his dad's contacts have either A) evaporated or B) would be more sympathetic to the coup than the civvie government. :)

HJ Tulp said:
So Vosh, if I understand you correctly I could just wait to see the plot evolve or arrive this evening? :)

You've arrived in Hurteau.

During the transition, time is going to be even more fluid then usual. You may see newsposts that indicate that a year has gone by, or just a month, or whatever. Everyone should use this time to establish your character's position in relation to the coup plotters, and reposition yourself for your triumphent return, and to make stirring statements and such that you can use when (or if!) democracy returns.

Aha, ok :D

Well as time is fluid I think I'll pay General Levarge a visit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.