• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm downloading now, but the transfer rate is literally only 1kB/second. At this rate I should finish downloading just in time for the heat death of the universe. Is there an alternate download site? Thank you.

ok i think i'll try this throughout the weekend. what kind of feedback do you guys need most?

Games as Germany, Japan, Soviet Union and USA.

GER and JAP are preferred. As you may have noticed we have increased infrastructure across the board, which may have thrown off the ESE calculations. So the effect of distance on ESE will likely be increased dramatically. I assume that JAP and GER are "easy" for a player ATM, which would encourage us to really hit them with ESE.

OTH, I have the impression that JAP is permanently out of money - would like to see the player experience.

I'm downloading now, but the transfer rate is literally only 1kB/second. At this rate I should finish downloading just in time for the heat death of the universe. Is there an alternate download site? Thank you.

Well, downloads have just hit 150, as Europe is getting off the jobs and hitting the net. That´s 1/3 of our downloads in the last 2 hours.

OK so I played through as Italy to 1942, a couple of things:

-Spanish civil war stalemated as expected. Something I found interesting though was that when I loaded as Nat Spain in late 38 they were totally out of oil.
I gave them a bunch but didn't do much at that stage and I ended up deleting republican divisions to make the war finish before WW2, but I thought it noteworthy because they had a 9-division army that included an armored division, and *if* the AI is waiting for full supplies/oil before launching an attack, running out of oil may be short-circuiting it and causing it to hold the whole formation idle.

-The stacking penalties really screw up two things that were cool features in arma:
-one to one ship representation just doesn't really work, since having lots of destroyers just propels you that much more quickly to -75% penalty
-6 brigade/9brigade divisions kinda screw over those who are stuck with 6, because as far as stacking penalties are concerned a division is a division - just yours are weaker.

theres a strange thing with the JAP map, nothing big, though:

i shipped my troops to the chinese border, however if i click on the border of the provinces Tokyo and Niigata, those troops in china are selected.

the infras have some values like 172, that means that you cant upgrade to full 200.

the picture of the naval leader Hiroyasu is missing and i have General Terauchi 2 times.

+ small typo in the description for the NI semi industrialized nation

-The stacking penalties really screw up two things that were cool features in arma:
-one to one ship representation just doesn't really work, since having lots of destroyers just propels you that much more quickly to -75% penalty
-6 brigade/9brigade divisions kinda screw over those who are stuck with 6, because as far as stacking penalties are concerned a division is a division - just yours are weaker.

Might be a case for this from misc.txt
# Combat Modifier: Total Naval Overstacking Mod for each non-transport division above two.
-0.02 # change to -0.01?

theres a strange thing with the JAP map, nothing big, though:

i shipped my troops to the chinese border, however if i click on the border of the provinces Tokyo and Niigata, those troops in china are selected.

the infras have some values like 172, that means that you cant upgrade to full 200.

the picture of the naval leader Hiroyasu is missing and i have General Terauchi 2 times.

+ small typo in the description for the NI semi industrialized nation

Map: strange
Infra: intentional, also to prevent excessive infra building
Hiroyasu: Interesting. He went missing in AoD. His pic is in HOI2 vanilla, but not in AoD vanilla. Lifted it over.
Terauchi: twice as a land leader?
Edit: there is a Terauchi H. and a Terauchi T.
Typo: please name the typo, didn´t find it on rereading

Last edited:
Map: cant reproduce it on reload, so i have no idea what it was
typo: my fault - was a little piece of dust on the screen which made the i looking like a j :), sorry
leader: just the pic (maybe solved via the gfx packs which i didnt install)
terauchi: thats actually a vanilla issue i think, i remember vanilla had a lot of of double japanese leaders and low ranking officers which are still in core, so no real mistake in your mod (like Imamura is a double as well and many others)
infra: so that will stay?

had no money problems (played til 37) - just one thing which is probably hardcoded: my trade ai was paying to get resources from MAN which should be for free as i understood the puppet thing?

SPA
leader "von Sperrle" -> "Sperrle"
leader "de Vierna Belondo" (L3472) -> Manuel de Vierna y Belando / pic shows Ernst Bauer (vanilla mistake)
http://www.uboat.net/men/bauer.htm
http://www.generalisimofranco.com/baleares/05.htm

ROM leaders "Lindeiner" and "Glimnitz" are germans: http://clydemcdonnell.blogspot.com/2010/09/david-mudgett-jones.html
ROM leader Nicolescu-Cociu (L4364) shows von Manstein http://img442.imageshack.us/i/nicolescucociu.jpg/

GER: "von Kaupisch" -> Kaupisch
Böhme -> austrian
Oßwald pic shows the austrian general Friedrich Krischer von Wehregg
Heinrich von Prittwitz und Gaffron was only promoted to MG in 39
von Wietersheim: there are 2 of them: your pic shows Wend von Wietersheim, while it should be Gustav v. W.
Beyer E.(ugen): austrian
Nehring: start date should be 1940: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACHT/HEER/General2/NEHRING_WALTHER.html
Hasse (Wilhelm): start date should be 1942 http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACHT/HEER/General/HASSE_WILHELM.html
Walther von Axthelm: start date in 1940: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACHT/LUFTWAFFE/General/AXTHELM_WALTHER.html + maybe a skill reduction
GdFl Bernhard Waber -> austrian http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACHT/LUFTWAFFE/General/WABER_BERNHARD.html
Haase, A(lfred) -> should appear far later (post war) http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_search_db.php4?modul=search_result_det&wert1=2014&searchword=haase
Alexander Andrae (GdFl/GdA): would be better to have him in airforce service during the 36-45 timeframe as he served most of the time there: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACHT/LUFTWAFFE/General/ANDRAE_ALEXANDER.html
GdA Friedrich von Boetticher was military attaché at the embassy in USA from 33 to 42 so i suggest to give him an active service from 42 - 45 http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/WEHRMACHT/HEER/General/BOETTICHER_HERMANN.html

EVTs:
Reichsparteitag der Arbeit: this was just a propaganda show like all other Reichsparteitage. the gain of BPs from this event is unhistorical. nobody gets wisdom from a party.

FRA:
generals "Ihler" and "d'Arras" have the very same pic
admirals "de Laborde" and "Labord" are the same person

ITA:
Mario Roatta should be intelligence minister

Last edited:
Still didn't got the time to play, but browsing through the tech tree made me realize that some pictures are missing or the content doesn't really fit the description of the technology.

France is extremely easy to defeat. I managed to get the Vichy event fire after two weeks of battle (28 September - 14 October 1939).

Also, by pre-war infra spamming Germany is able to raise the IC to ridiculous amounts (circa 400). I think the build time and cost should be higher.

Anschluss event:

ok i'll make a new post for this (if its to much or to complicated let me know, please)

right now you gett all austrians in 38 if everything works for GER and this leades to ahistorical results (eg having Fox in 38). thats why i think i post my arrangements which is a bit better than the core one:

eg the scenario file (1936):

dormant_leaders = {

293 # Alexander von Falkenhausen (CHI)
551 # Feketehalmy-Czeyender (SS-HUN)
554 # Grassy (SS-HUN)
# 567 # Phleps (SS-ROM)

####### Austrian Generals by event ##################
# only generals with 38 start date dormant

36 # Franz Böhme
44 # Maximilian de Angelis
# 54 # Karl Eibl
# 66 # Wilhelm Fox
# 67 # Friedrich Franek
# 223 # Erhard Raus
# 227 # Julius Ringel
353 # Mauritz von Wiktorin
# 474 # Ernst Uhl (Luftwaffe - AA Div)
480 # Bernhard Waber (Luftwaffe)
# 526 # Walter Schimana (SS) (disabled - in GER before Anschluss)
# 529 # Sylvester Stadler (SS) (disabled - in GER before Anschluss)
# 528 # Otto Skorzeny (SS) / in Austria
# 536 # August Edler von Meyszner (SS) (disabled - in GER before Anschluss)
545 # Eugen Beyer
546 # Karl Bornemann
# 548 # Karl Eglseer
# 549 # Robert Meissner
552 # Valentin Feurstein
553 # Edmund Glaise von Horstenau
556 # Ernst Hammer
561 # Johann Kubena
# 562 # Anton-Carl Longin (Luftwaffe)
563 # Alexander Löhr (Luftwaffe)
564 # Friedrich Materna
# 565 # Robert Martinek
# 566 # Johann Mickl
# 568 # Lothar Rendulic
# 570 # Otto Schöbel (Luftwaffe)
# 574 # Felix Vodepp (Luftwaffe)
575 # Ludwig von Eimannsberger
576 # Alfred von Hubicki
# 581 # Eduard Aldrian
# 598 # Maximilian Felzmann
# 689 # René Eberle
# 715 # Josef Gerstmann
# 749 # Walter Hinghofer
804 # Emmerich VON Nagy
# 820 # Joseph Brauner von Haydringen
# 825 # Curt von Jesser
# 913 # Stefan Fröhlich (Luftwaffe)
# 988 # Gustav Adolf-Auffenberg-Komarow
# 997 # Fritz von Scholz von Rerancze (SS) / AKA Fritz von Scholz
# 1100820 # Martin Strahammer
# 1100844 # Mathias Kräutler
# 1100846 # Eduard Muhr (Luftwaffe)
# 1100847 # Bruno Ortner
# 1100856 # Alois Windisch
# 1100865 # Josef Punzert (Luftwaffe)
# 1100866 # Adalbert Mikulicz

}

these are basically all austrian military persons i use. the disabled ones are the men who were promoted to MG after the anschluss.

now thats the event for a succesful annex of AUS:

#########################################################################
# Anschluss of Austria - Annexation
#########################################################################
event = {
id = 2001
random = no
country = GER
# Triggered by AUS 2100
name = "EVT_2001_NAME"
desc = "EVT_2001_DESC"
style = 0
picture = "anchsluss"

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = inherit which = AUS }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = 300 }
command = { type = dissent value = -4 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 1 }

command = { type = wakeleader which = 36 } # Franz Böhme
command = { type = wakeleader which = 44 } # Max de Angelis
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 54 } # Karl Eibl
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 66 } # Wilhelm Fox
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 67 } # Friedrich Franek
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 223 } # Erhard Raus
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 227 } # Julius Ringel
command = { type = wakeleader which = 353 } # Mauritz von Wiktorin
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 474 } # Ernst Uhl
command = { type = wakeleader which = 480 } # Bernhard Waber
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 528 } # Otto Skorzeny
command = { type = wakeleader which = 545 } # Eugen Beyer
command = { type = wakeleader which = 546 } # Karl Bornemann
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 548 } # Karl Eglseer
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 549 } # Robert Meissner
command = { type = wakeleader which = 552 } # Valentin Feurstein
command = { type = wakeleader which = 553 } # Edmund Glaise von Horstenau
command = { type = wakeleader which = 556 } # Ernst Hammer
command = { type = wakeleader which = 561 } # Johann Kubena
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 562 } # Anton-Carl Longin
command = { type = wakeleader which = 563 } # Alexander Löhr
command = { type = wakeleader which = 564 } # Friedrich Materna
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 565 } # Robert Martinek
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 566 } # Johann Mickl
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 568 } # Lothar Rendulic
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 570 } # Otto Schöbel
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 574 } # Felix Vodepp
command = { type = wakeleader which = 575 } # Ludwig von Eimannsberger
command = { type = wakeleader which = 576 } # Alfred von Hubicki
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 581 } # Eduard Aldrian
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 598 } # Maximilan Felzmann
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 689 } # Rene Eberle
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 715 } # Josef Gerstmann
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 749 } # Walter Hinghofer
command = { type = wakeleader which = 804 } # Emmerich von Nagy
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 820 } # Joseph Brauner von Haydringen
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 825 } # Curt von Jesser
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 913 } # Stefan Fröhlich
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 988 } # Gustav Adolf-Auffenberg-Komarow
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 997 } # Fritz von Scholz (SS)
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 1100820 } # Martin Strahammer
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 1100844 } # Mathias Kräutler
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 1100846 } # Eduard Muhr
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 1100847 } # Bruno Ortner
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 1100856 } # Alois Windisch
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 1100865 } # Josef Punzert
# command = { type = wakeleader which = 1100866 } # Adalbert Mikulicz
}
}

NB the disabled ones are the ones which were promoted to the lowest generals rank after 38 (39 +), if the anschluss does not work all should be disabled (havent tested this one, though - i dont know if you can kill a leader who isnt in game yet)

well i thought i post this one in case you guys are interested

EDIT: you'll need a special evt for Phleps, though

Still didn't got the time to play, but browsing through the tech tree made me realize that some pictures are missing or the content doesn't really fit the description of the technology.
Suspiciously sounds like you installed just the basic installer, without installing one of the two graphics packs...

Added links to the (0.4.9) graphics packs in the first post...

I seem to be getting a recurring CTD just as NAT Spain are about to annex REP Spain. Has anyone else noticed this? I've had it happen in a couple of my hands off tests now 0.50.15 with 1.06 AoD Beta1 patch

Nat spain whos able to anext rep spain in my gain just fine but had different checksum so can realy call it a valid test. Working on a fresh install now and correct checksum. I did how ever notice several events that's notice whos dublicated or triplycated the effect whos not however.

And as for france it did about 30-40 division in M-line but relativly litle in the north so taking over fance whos historicaly easy.

Infra : The plan (in the slightly longer run) is to make the Infra build steps only 2% or so - this would mean you could get the "172" to a round 200 (eventually) - plus it also slows down the idea of Infra blitzing to raise IC, since the rate of return is significantly lower.

Please do remember that this is a Beta release - we aren't expecting it to run super smooth, after all. It is still a work in progress - we are just letting you guys help us out with the bug finding and tweaking etc :)

Tim

Reichsparteitag der Arbeit: this was just a propaganda show like all other Reichsparteitage. the gain of BPs from this event is unhistorical. nobody gets wisdom from a party.
Actually, the BPs here are to represent the continuation of the policy direction (choosing "Arbeit" instead of the more conciliatory "Friedens") - it isn't about gaining any "wisdom", just the policy decision. The AI has a 99/1 chance of choosing Arbeit, so it may not have been apparent that it was actually a choice here (essentially for players).

Tim

HistoryMan said:
Actually, the BPs here are to represent the continuation of the policy direction (choosing "Arbeit" instead of the more conciliatory "Friedens") - it isn't about gaining any "wisdom", just the policy decision.

sure i liked the event itself, i just dont think you should get BPs from that nor have those events been sth politically (except 35 maybe). but as far as i understood you will keep that one.

Please do remember that this is a Beta release - we aren't expecting it to run super smooth, after all. It is still a work in progress - we are just letting you guys help us out with the bug finding and tweaking etc

yes sure i know that, please dont take these posts as offense

EDIT: just one question about the single ships: will you keep that? eg France has a lot of ships but very few commanders for them

Bestmajor,

Thanks a lot for your many leader observations. Maybe Hagar and you can get together and work out the best proposals.

Single ships: too deeply a part of the mod to take them out again, I think.

T.