• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Regarding the various questions above:

Can all people for whom the mod works chime in quickly and confirm it? Then we know that any errors reported above are bad installs.

Otherwhise it´s back to the drawing board for us.

Okay first report:

Install on clean AOD 1.06beta-hotfix1 went smoothly !
Checksum is PWUE
game start without any problem, no error message for me

The relevant files are revolt.txt, ideas.txt (in ideas) and new_text.csv (in config).

policy_development_subsistence should not be commented out in ideas.txt.

I cannot say more from here and have to wait for the evening.

Please make a fresh install of AoD 1.06b1 and then install CORE over it and report back.

Ok redownloading it off Gamersgate as we speak. Will try that and let you know the result.

....on the other hand I feel quite confused :wacko:

at first I wished to play with Italy but...

I hadn't played CORE since the HOI-DD early years, the tech-tree is overwhelming and the many changes you made makes it impossible for me to understand what to do !

So please can somebody point me to an AAR or more (AOD or HOI-Arma) which could help me to cope with the learning process !

yes, I see there is a manual and I will definetevly read it (already started indeed)

For the time in being I will start an hand-off with some very minor like Haiti for istance just to provide you feedback...

Please any help, suggestion or better a short tutorial thread for CORE newbe would be really appreciated !

Best regards.

Don´t be confused, just experiment with it a bit. You will see that you love the tech tree once you have understood it. Give it a day or two ...

Ok redownloading it off Gamersgate as we speak. Will try that and let you know the result.

You may have to rename the download into an .exe file ...

Hi Picko,

If I may give you an advice... just save the installer "ArsenalOfDemocracy_ddsetup" in a backup folder along with the last patches and the mods of your interest, so you won't need to re-downloading it/them each time.

You could also makes multiple installations of AOD (not in the default folder if you use Vista) one will stay "Vanilla" the others each one for each mods you wish to play/test.

Best regards.

Don´t be confused, just experiment with it a bit. You will see that you love the tech tree once you have understood it. Give it a day or two ...

I'm already feeling in LOVE :p

The fact is that major techtree changes/features-rich mods like CORE is, they demands an huge investisment of time to be truly appreciated/understood.

As I haven't followed your modding effort for at least 3 years, thus I have a huge gap to cross.
I'm not complaining at all about it, but the fact is that I can't playing it right now.
And this fact stand normal and acceptable to me. :cool:

In my experience usually gameplay' AARs are the better way to quickly "grasp the picture" and if you or other forumites known one of those please pont it to me.

Last edited:
This is drawn off my installation, and I use colour graphics.

When we go for a full release, Hagar and I will have to spend at least a week sorting out the graphics to get back to a proper "pure" B&W set.
Far less than that, methinks, as I have both a B&W and color setup in parallel already if you're talking about the minister/leader imagery... It's only your persistence on getting the colored imagery in rather than doing the B&W, and supply an additional graphics patch for those who want the colored version... :rolleyes: The only thing that needs work that I know of is the national ideas, and that's only due to me not knowing (i.e. not have bothered to check myself) which of those you've actually chosen to use of all the versions I came up with. ;)

And just checking: the province imagery is left out of the 0.5.0 beta, I presume, as we're waiting for Beta 2 first (moddir support)?

Yes, the province imagery is left out because I want to hit our customers with the full, deluxe version as soon as moddir support is established.

We´ve got to hold something back, don´t we?

Yes, the province imagery is left out because I want to hit our customers with the full, deluxe version as soon as moddir support is established.

We´ve got to hold something back, don´t we?
Most certainly... We have to keep them drooling for something extra during the public Beta, don't we? Only 'proper' Betas kan have direct access to all the goodies first-hand. :D I mean, where would we be if we would share more of this stuff...

Like these ships in Port Said:
Ill_prov_901.jpg

Or Dieppe's old passenger terminal:
Ill_prov_42.jpg

Or the 'Normandie' leaving Le Havre:
Ill_prov_41.jpg

Or a view of Cherbourg's old 'new' passenger terminal, built in '33, bombed in '44, and rebuiit afterwards, though without that tower depicted here:
Ill_prov_38.jpg

Or Brest's old military harbor:
Ill_prov_32.jpg

That simply would not do at all...

Drooling already, guys? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hmm a full reinstall seems to have fixed the problem for me. So on with the Mod.

No. But the German HSKs are slated to be removed in the next sub-version, since they are Nuclear Subs in disguise and currently apparently unsinkable.

Ok then there is a need to make convoy raiding more powerful. In all test games I did, damage to convoys was almost nil. Germany and Japan were able to supply their troops without problems and to run trade convoys. With England, the 40 available submarines were stationed near Taiwan, the japanese mainland, in the channel and off the german coast. 10-20 convoys have been sunk in more than a year.

107 downloads

Thank you all for your interest, the beta mod has surpassed 100 downloads within 18 hours of being posted.

Ok then there is a need to make convoy raiding more powerful. In all test games I did, damage to convoys was almost nil. Germany and Japan were able to supply their troops without problems and to run trade convoys. With England, the 40 available submarines were stationed near Taiwan, the japanese mainland, in the channel and off the german coast. 10-20 convoys have been sunk in more than a year.
Damn I hoped that would have been fixed by now. It made building submarines useless. Is there a variable (maybe in misc.txt) that can be changed to make convoy raiding more efficient.

Btw.: Mod is working with correct checksum and without any error during the first startup. Then again I didn't unpause yet.

ok i think i'll try this throughout the weekend. what kind of feedback do you guys need most?