• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Italianoman421 said:
That does seem like a fun option to have. Maybe an event that went along if Oklohoma ratified the CS constitiution and met confederate statehood requirements they could join.

I have a rough idea of a "Fate of Seqouyah" event that would coincide with the '39 election along those lines.

Another fun mod

As always, your mod is just plain fun. I've commented before on the Southern Road thread that I've greatly enjoyed playing the CSA and having a blast with all the ahistorical outcomes that seem to pop up. the trend continues in Confederate Armageddon. Keep up the good work!

as the latest example, Republican Spain won the SCW; sometime in mid to late 1940, either GER declared war on Rep. Spain, or Britain cajoled or bribed Rep. Spain into joining the Allies. Either way, Germany waxed the Spanish and annexed her (and took Gibralter for good measure). After joining the Allies, I spearheaded an invasion of German-occupied Spain, and caught the Krauts out of position. After marching through most German-controlled Republican Spain, France, and Vichy France (who the US, one of the Allies, DOW'd), Germany some how got Portugal (!!!) to join the Axis. Fortunately, Portugal had a tiny army, and i was able to contain the stab-in-the-back easily enough. Great game...

so again, a great mod sir, and keep up the good work!

Lemons

PS: Seems the possibility that Ecuador and Peru go to war over their border dispute actually triggered their war in my most recent game. and then the US declared war on Ecuador...gotta love it

Hey, CSB...wasn't California technically part of the Confederacy?

Lemonsbd said:
As always, your mod is just plain fun. I've commented before on the Southern Road thread that I've greatly enjoyed playing the CSA and having a blast with all the ahistorical outcomes that seem to pop up. the trend continues in Confederate Armageddon. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement! Posts like these truly keep me going.

Nietzsche said:
Hey, CSB...wasn't California technically part of the Confederacy?

No, but there were pockets of CSA sympathizers there, of surprising depth and commitment. There was a company of California Confederates who marched west from the Golden State along with A.S. Johnston and Lew Armistead, and were incorporated into a Texas cavalry regiment, serving honorably throughout The War.

Reminds me of the "California Joins the CSA!" event tucked away in Victoria. Gonna have to try to trigger that sometime.;)

CSABadass said:
No, but there were pockets of CSA sympathizers there, of surprising depth and commitment. There was a company of California Confederates who marched west from the Golden State along with A.S. Johnston and Lew Armistead, and were incorporated into a Texas cavalry regiment, serving honorably throughout The War.

Reminds me of the "California Joins the CSA!" event tucked away in Victoria. Gonna have to try to trigger that sometime.;)
Huh, I remember seeing something on the History(Hitler..) Channel about California being (technically) part of the Confederacy..

Ah well.

Nietzsche said:
Huh, I remember seeing something on the History(Hitler..) Channel about California being (technically) part of the Confederacy..

Ah well.

The CSA certainly had their eyes on it, but Glorieta Pass was as far as they'd get.

What about the Confederates going after Haiti or DomRep?

Karagin said:
What about the Confederates going after Haiti or DomRep?

I've toyed with the idea of "CSA Intervention" events there after one of the many coups in Hispanola, but in light of the war with Mexico already in the mod, the CSA then starts looking less like a quasi-Commonwealth democracy and more like a bunch of drawling thugs.

CSABadass said:
I've toyed with the idea of "CSA Intervention" events there after one of the many coups in Hispanola, but in light of the war with Mexico already in the mod, the CSA then starts looking less like a quasi-Commonwealth democracy and more like a bunch of drawling thugs.
<.<

Quick question:

When one plays the SR mod for Victoria, and converts it to DD, do we activate Confederate Armageddon or just play without the mod on, or..?

Nietzsche said:
<.<

Quick question:

When one plays the SR mod for Victoria, and converts it to DD, do we activate Confederate Armageddon or just play without the mod on, or..?

CA handles converted games just fine, but due to a flaw in the converter, you don't get any country-specific events--the custom CA events included.

Getting events into converted games is possible with some simple modding. Once you get a game converted, contact me and I can tell you how if you need help.

Thanks for trying out the Badass Family of mods!

CSABadass said:
It's that simple and unambitious, but hopefully can save you, the downloading public, some grunt work if you're interested in playing an extant, long-standing Confederacy in the "Road to War" scenario.

Why do I get the impression this started off as a smaller project?! Awesome work!

A few observations (I haven't had a chance to play it):

- Historically, the Arkansas had a sister ship, the USS Wyoming. That seems an appropriate thing to rename the Northern ship (and class).

Given this timeline, with a CSA with roughly the economy of Italy or France being allied with the British in WWI, they would probably have been given parity with the Italians and the French at the Washington Naval Treaty of 192x. That would mean that they'd probably have had 6 or 7 heavy cruisers, plus an appropriate amount of smaller stuff, like the Italians and the French.

Nice work on the ship names, by the way!

Appologies if this has been covered already, but it's a long thread. I noticed that none of your tech teams has the "artillery" specialty, which seemed odd.

BritNavFan said:
Why do I get the impression this started off as a smaller project?! Awesome work!

A few observations (I haven't had a chance to play it):

- Historically, the Arkansas had a sister ship, the USS Wyoming. That seems an appropriate thing to rename the Northern ship (and class).

Given this timeline, with a CSA with roughly the economy of Italy or France being allied with the British in WWI, they would probably have been given parity with the Italians and the French at the Washington Naval Treaty of 192x. That would mean that they'd probably have had 6 or 7 heavy cruisers, plus an appropriate amount of smaller stuff, like the Italians and the French.

Nice work on the ship names, by the way!

Appologies if this has been covered already, but it's a long thread. I noticed that none of your tech teams has the "artillery" specialty, which seemed odd.

Thank you very much for all the kind words! I really appreciate it.

1) You're quite right. All this got started with me correcting the misspellings in the unitnames file, and it just snowballed from there.

2) Good suggestion about the Wyoming class. I'll work that into a future update.

3) I based the CSA fleet size off the US Navy. The shortfall can safely be chalked up to Huey Long's penny-pinching in the midst of the Depression.

4) Higgins Industries shows up with an artillery specialty in 1939, as the CSA say goodbye to Huey Long, isolationism, and the worst of the Despression, welcoming the spectre of war with Mexico and Germany in their places.

Thanks for the post--hope you enjoy playing CA!

Like the post before mine said, I love the name of the ships. Speaking of ships, I dont know if CSAbadass noticed, but when he added in the loading sequence with the submarine being launched with the Confederate naval flag on it, at the far end of it where it is hardly noticeable, there is a Union flag as well. It doesnt bother me, the CSA mod is the best one I've played in a long time, I thought if you ever redid the mod you may wish to remove the Stars and Stripes there at the end of the confederate submarine.

Just to add, one thing, to me that apperared to be the Stars and Stripes at the far end, if that is just a part of the ship that I mistook for the Union flag sorry about the notice.

Italianoman421 said:
Like the post before mine said, I love the name of the ships. Speaking of ships, I dont know if CSAbadass noticed, but when he added in the loading sequence with the submarine being launched with the Confederate naval flag on it, at the far end of it where it is hardly noticeable, there is a Union flag as well. It doesnt bother me, the CSA mod is the best one I've played in a long time, I thought if you ever redid the mod you may wish to remove the Stars and Stripes there at the end of the confederate submarine.

Just to add, one thing, to me that apperared to be the Stars and Stripes at the far end, if that is just a part of the ship that I mistook for the Union flag sorry about the notice.

The full extent of my involvement in the art was Googling it and sticking titles on it, so it is what it is. Best not to look too close--or just go with the "part of the ship" explanation.
:)

Adding Events to Converted Games

I know there're a few of you out there playing both my mods for the Total CSA Experience: 1861-1953. My mods go together like grits and redeye gravy, but still can't compensate for a flaw in the Ricky converter that leaves you with NO events in the game once you move over to DD/Armageddon. Here's how you fix it:

First thing you need to do is start a totally new game of DD with the CA mod activated, then save and exit. Name the saved game whatever you like, but for example's sake, I'm going to call it "DONOR" here.

Next, open up both the .EUG files for DONOR (in the DD save games folder) and your V:R Converted Game (hereafter called CG, which will be where you left it). Near the end of both files, you'll find blocks of text that look something like this:

sleepevent = { } event = "db\events\AI_GER.txt" event = "db\events\AI_Other.txt" event = "db\events\AI_CHI.txt" event = "db\events\AI_ENG.txt"

...and so forth. You'll notice the block in CG is MUCH shorter.

Copy & paste the block of text from DONOR over the much smaller block in CG. Save and close CG. You may then do with DONOR as you will.

Fire up DD/Armageddon (with CA activated), select the converted V:R game, and all the usual event files will be active. Fair warning: the event triggers weren't designed for converted games, so weird things will happen occasionally. Nothing you can do, really, and it is better than no events at all.

There you are--have at them now!

ElStabadore said:
thats what crimson skies is about? i never knew that. i always thought it was a mediocre flight game.

Let me try again...

My mod is "South wins the Civil War," while CS is "USA falls apart during the Depression, and one of the pieces happens to be a new Confederacy." So no, no real similarity between CA and CS.

Last edited:
Okay werid event or incident. I just started playing the mod, (again, had some odd ball error and had to reinstall BOTH games and mods and patches), right after I get a message telling me that the US will protect my (CS) independance, one of their planes appear to attack a transport group of mine. No ships lost or anything but it was like air attack happen and then stopped. Message came up with unknown string and that was it. It didn't cause anyother issues or events so I am going off the idea it was a fluke or one those silly HOI moments that happen in all of the games.