• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HMS Enterprize said:
No problem. Always glad to help. Sons of the South united!

*Barfs while yelling "Racism!" :mad:

Mod looks cool, thinking of downloading it. Whats the main differences?

Somua53 said:
*Barfs while yelling "Racism!" :mad:

Hmmm...due to the imprecise nature of the internet I cant tell if you are being serious...

If you are please do tell, at which point I'll make you look very silly.

HMS Enterprize said:
Hmmm...due to the imprecise nature of the internet I cant tell if you are being serious...

Wasn't serious at all... I had no reason to be :cool:

Last edited:
Somua53 said:
Mod looks cool, thinking of downloading it. Whats the main differences?

Errr, differences between what exactly?

If you mean between the mod and vanilla DD/A, just read post #1 of this thread.

If you mean between CA and the old SRTDD mod, the former can be played with either regular DD or the brand-new Armageddon add-on, and it also features an expanded leader file for the CSA. I'll be adding more to CA once the folks at PI finally get Armageddon to, ya know, actually work.

Thanks for your interest in CA!

I wanted to say I love this CSA mod, and it definitely was worth the time I put into it trying to get things working. I did have one gameplay question. If I ever got the urge sometime down the road to make war with North and reunite the states, would the northern states be considered controlled provinces or would they become national provinces because less than 100yrs ago game time the CS and US were one nation.
Thanks

Italianoman421 said:
I wanted to say I love this CSA mod, and it definitely was worth the time I put into it trying to get things working. I did have one gameplay question. If I ever got the urge sometime down the road to make war with North and reunite the states, would the northern states be considered controlled provinces or would they become national provinces because less than 100yrs ago game time the CS and US were one nation.
Thanks

That's great to hear--thanks!

They will all be controlled provinces.

CSABadass said:
That's great to hear--thanks!

They will all be controlled provinces.
How about an event that, should that occur, the US/CSA could gain cores on their captured provinces? It's not like they're exactly "Foreign"..

Nietzsche said:
How about an event that, should that occur, the US/CSA could gain cores on their captured provinces? It's not like they're exactly "Foreign"..

After 70 years of often bitter separation, I fully believe they would be.

After all, the US never gets cores on Anglo Canada, and there's not a universe of difference between the two.

CSABadass said:
After 70 years of often bitter separation, I fully believe they would be.

After all, the US never gets cores on Anglo Canada, and there's not a universe of difference between the two.

What about something that allows a vote/event thing to happen say after 5 years or so that would allow certain states to come back to the Union or join the Confedarcy? Or something like that?

Karagin said:
What about something that allows a vote/event thing to happen say after 5 years or so that would allow certain states to come back to the Union or join the Confedarcy? Or something like that?

By 1936, the separation issue is settled for all but a few extremists--not enough to call for a vote even.

The US certainly isn't going to let any MORE states leave, and the CS feel vindicated by The War--why leave when your way has been "proven right"? It would amount to winning a war...then surrendering anyway.

What about the prospects of a Confederate Empire? I mean, since they helped the Brits so early in the Great War, why shouldn't they have inherited some of Germany's afrikan/any other continent they had an emprie on's land?

Nietzsche said:
What about the prospects of a Confederate Empire? I mean, since they helped the Brits so early in the Great War, why shouldn't they have inherited some of Germany's afrikan/any other continent they had an emprie on's land?

Maybe if they took the lands directly...IIRC the only state to get any (significant) ex-german colonial lands was south africa.

I would have thought the CSA would be primarily concerned with making the gulf of mexico a confederate 'lake' as a top priority if anything.

HMS Enterprize said:
Maybe if they took the lands directly...IIRC the only state to get any (significant) ex-german colonial lands was south africa.

I would have thought the CSA would be primarily concerned with making the gulf of mexico a confederate 'lake' as a top priority if anything.

That's my assumption as well. The CS already have Cuba (essentially), Puerto Rico, and a slice of the Mexican Pacific coast--not much else they could take without taking it from Britain or France.

Don't see the CS being any more interested in Africa than the US was historically. Maybe even less so, since the dominant white Southern political class only ever had one use for black Africans, and in CA they no longer engage in that peculiar institution.

Not to pit my mods against one another, but if anyone's seriously interested in building a Confederate Empire, you really should try Victoria: Revolutions and my SR mod. Myself, I get a lot more enjoyment these days out of planting the Southern Cross in Hawaii than I do waiting for PI to fix Armageddon.

Last edited:
CSABadass said:
By 1936, the separation issue is settled for all but a few extremists--not enough to call for a vote even.

The US certainly isn't going to let any MORE states leave, and the CS feel vindicated by The War--why leave when your way has been "proven right"? It would amount to winning a war...then surrendering anyway.

Sorry, I didn't fully explain things...I was going of two ideas at once...say the US beats the Confeds...then once they have rebuilt everything then have a vote event that brings some of the states back as full fledged states or something like that and the same could be done for a ConFed victory over the US...

I am really just tossing out ideas and trying to add things in that can cause the players to think locally as well as the bigger picture...

Now if only the uprisings and such were better handle all together...

Karagin said:
Sorry, I didn't fully explain things...I was going of two ideas at once...say the US beats the Confeds...then once they have rebuilt everything then have a vote event that brings some of the states back as full fledged states or something like that and the same could be done for a ConFed victory over the US...

I am really just tossing out ideas and trying to add things in that can cause the players to think locally as well as the bigger picture...

Now if only the uprisings and such were better handle all together...

Ahhh, that does make more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

For the forseeable future, I'm leaving all the "CS and US fight" stuff to HMS Enterprize, because I take it for granted anyone that really wants to see them battle is playing his mod. In CA, a US-CS fight is kind of like a US-UK war in vanilla HoI: possible, but highly unlikely and unproductive.

Some of the above conversation raises an interesting question that I'm not sure is answered anywhere: In this timeline, what exactly DID the CSA do in World War I? Depending on the answer, I could see the possibility of a colony or puppet state somewhere.

Shonison said:
Some of the above conversation raises an interesting question that I'm not sure is answered anywhere: In this timeline, what exactly DID the CSA do in World War I? Depending on the answer, I could see the possibility of a colony or puppet state somewhere.

They got sucked in early helping the British, and the many Southern boys who didn't come back from the trenches rather soured the country on war and conquest and empires.

They did find a way to grab a piece of Mexico, and that's duly reflected in the game.

I have a gameplay question about core provinces here. Does Oklohoma ever become a state having its provinces become CSA national provinces. I have 1 garrison there now keeping the partisan level at 0, but I wanted know if I would have to that indefinately or if I could look forward to them becoming part of the Confederacy.

Italianoman421 said:
I have a gameplay question about core provinces here. Does Oklohoma ever become a state having its provinces become CSA national provinces. I have 1 garrison there now keeping the partisan level at 0, but I wanted know if I would have to that indefinately or if I could look forward to them becoming part of the Confederacy.

Right now, there isn't, but I am considering my options on this for this update. Suggestions welcome!

That does seem like a fun option to have. Maybe an event that went along if Oklohoma ratified the CS constitiution and met confederate statehood requirements they could join.