• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, the thing is ICBMS are a 1944 tech onwards but Psychology/Physiology the the thing is every year there's a breakthrough! Even these days lol :rofl:
This way we should have infantry\industry tech for every year since there were some new discoveries and imagine how unplayable would this game be with these number of techs... You really should trim it down , I'd suggest picking most important discoveries in this field from each of these periods for a total of 9 techs which is still quite a lot for a secondary tech.

Pre-WW1
WW1
1920s
1930s
1940s
1950s
1960s
1970s
1980s

Besides I think it should belong to industry tab not secret tech.

It crashes my game when I try to load a scenario, I've tried it over Grand Campaign, DH Full, DH Light.... Nothing works

Last edited:
This way we should have infantry\industry tech for every year since there were some new discoveries and imagine how unplayable would this game be with these number of techs... You really should trim it down , I'd suggest picking most important discoveries in this field from each of these periods for a total of 9 techs which is still quite a lot for a secondary tech.

Pre-WW1
WW1
1920s
1930s
1940s
1950s
1960s
1970s
1980s

Besides I think it should belong to industry tab not secret tech.

It crashes my game when I try to load a scenario, I've tried it over Grand Campaign, DH Full, DH Light.... Nothing works

I don't understand at all! Did you copy tech_names into config folder? Because it works perfectly for me every time. and copy each tech category

C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\The Grand Campaign\config < Copy tech_names into here.

C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\tech < Copy all the tech categories and paste them into here.

I don't understand at all! Did you copy tech_names into config folder? Because it works perfectly for me every time. and copy each tech category

C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\The Grand Campaign\config < Copy tech_names into here.

C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\tech < Copy all the tech categories and paste them into here.
Yes I did put them in config and db\tech

My savedebug ends with this:
ERROR : (Illegal Command Type) 'type = river_crossing' Line = 1362 file = Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\tech\land_doctrines_tech.txt

Yes I did put them in config and db\tech

My savedebug ends with this:
ERROR : (Illegal Command Type) 'type = river_crossing' Line = 1362 file = Mods\The Grand Campaign\db\tech\land_doctrines_tech.txt

I don't get it, at all... I'll see what I can do, thanks mate.

Are you sure that you uploaded correct file? It's identical to the one in .rar and produces the same error.
Code:

Ahh Christ! I'll see what I can do, probably remove the entire line... Let you know tomorrow.

It works, but I think some air and naval doctrines are missing, please check that.

Again, these psych techs really need to be compressed to 5-10 techs max and bonuses should be toned down a bit. Do you really think advances in psychiatry are more beneficial to research then computers?

Well, it was a first-time experiment. Now that I've got the hang of it the compressed air_doctrines will be my next accolade of success. I don't know what else to do about computers because well, we know that it leads to the censored tech. I haven't touch naval_doctrines accept to add Ultra Modern UNREP 1965. I will refine other things then come back to secret weapons (and I haven't a clue how to add units or gfx for such units) You wanna do a tree or check something else out, have a look at this:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?755222-DH-Capable-Data-Editor By kodak

IMHO, Physiology and Psychiatry should be merged with Medicine. In a game that abstracts so heavily, adding individual tech trees for medical specialties doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, neither should be in secret techs given that achievements in the field get published in scientific journals available worldwide.

Martin is indeed right, modifiers (for both units and brigades) are missing. Stuka has a work around that is almost complete, and with a couple of additions should remove all problems, for all units and brigades (land, sea and air).

Edit: @ pzkpf. Not sure if it works straight up, but the all in on mod (for WIF2) does incorporate it. All in one is for an earlier version of WIF2 (not much earlier) and does have the modifier problems, but the fix for NWO2 mod should also work for All in one (they both use CWTT mod, and hence, both have the CWTT modifier problems).

Martin is indeed right, modifiers (for both units and brigades) are missing. Stuka has a work around that is almost complete, and with a couple of additions should remove all problems, for all units and brigades (land, sea and air).

There's no need for workarounds. The recommended (and actually the only proper) solution is to add missing modifiers columns for units and brigades.
It's pity I wasn't notified for this problem in the mod earlier.

We need a final version with everything fixed, kinda confusing now...

Another thing confusing, for some reason I faintly remember Kretoxian saying that he would make the new units be aligned on the existing ones for modifier values. Like frigates would have same modifiers as destroyers and such. And I had a big long due look into the DH db/units/ files division_type, from what i see it could be possible?

Fixed Modifiers Files

K, here are working modifiers. Thanks Martin BG for providing the solution and zoommooz for providing CWTT brigade modifiers.

Put in: C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\nwo_224\db\units or whatever your respective path is.

You should have backups of the originals in C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\units

C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\nwo_224\db\units

View attachment modifierscwtt 20140827.zip

There's no need for workarounds. The recommended (and actually the only proper) solution is to add missing modifiers columns for units and brigades.
It's pity I wasn't notified for this problem in the mod earlier.

I understand your point, but I spent a lot of time originally trying to fix this, including adding all of the new units into the modifiers.csv and brigades.csv. (admittedly, its quite possible I messed up somewhere) but just could not get it to work. As to notify, I did post about it in tech support, but completely understand how busy you guys are, so its easily missed. But all's well that ends well.

Edit: @ Stuka Great work mate.