• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The wiki's China page uses the term "General Protector". The correct term is " Protector General", as in "Attorney General" or well, in-game "Protector General".

I tried to fix it, but the wiki retaliated by banning my IP, claiming "text repeat". Someone please fix it

Reactions:
The wiki's China page uses the term "General Protector". The correct term is " Protector General", as in "Attorney General" or well, in-game "Protector General".

I tried to fix it, but the wiki retaliated by banning my IP, claiming "text repeat". Someone please fix it
Done. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, do you know what the "text repeat" might have refered to ?
I also wonder if that was a bot or manually done by a moderator, but that should get clarified soon by having posted the issue here..

Out of curiosity, do you know what the "text repeat" might have refered to ?
I also wonder if that was a bot or manually done by a moderator, but that should get clarified soon by having posted the issue here..
That was a bot, though I haven't seen that specific ban.

Reactions:
That was a bot, though I haven't seen that specific ban.

Maybe the one blocked user on 3rd november, the reason being "repeating characters", assuming the given reason by the user
above was from memory. Sounds similar.

PS: Oh, i see the abuse filter log had two cases on the 7th of "repeating text". Maybe that..
Just my 2cents.

Last edited:
I would like to create a few wiki pages for some individual provinces in the game.

I have already made one. Search "vaud" on the wiki, I cannot link the page unfortunately.

Should I continue, add more information, more images... Or is it useless?

Thank you.

I would like to create a few wiki pages for some individual provinces in the game.

I have already made one. Search "vaud" on the wiki, I cannot link the page unfortunately.

Should I continue, add more information, more images... Or is it useless?

Thank you.
Why do you want to add Wiki pages for individual provinces?

Indeed, that's what I thought, it's utterly useless :)

For some reason, I still find it fun to make those pages (I have no life...)

The only real use of this would be to quickly get to know the possible holdings of the province without digging in the game files.

One thing I wanted to do was to create a small subtopic of the province's "real" history during the middle ages (what was it part of, who ruled over the territory, etc) , but I don't think this info belongs to the ck2 wiki...

The only real use of this would be to quickly get to know the possible holdings of the province without digging in the game files.

You can see the greyed out holdings already.
Outside that the prosperity events can increase the number to the max, no matter the number in the history file.

You can see the greyed out holdings already.
Outside that the prosperity events can increase the number to the max, no matter the number in the history file.
Yes, don't worry I know that. I meant, the names of the holdings (ex: City of Echallens, Bishopric of Welschmünster, etc. For the province I made the wiki off, there's 11. )

• 1Like
Reactions:
#repost to make the tagging call work#

Okay that makes sense. By the way, i had looked up your "Vaud" page.
Was alright to me, but..
While i'm just a common user as anyone, i would think that you would have to do that for all provinces or none.
Just a few provinces, as you said, misses the point of a Wiki in my humble opinion, but i'm not familiar anymore with
the Wiki rules and requirements, so my opinion doesn't matter.

@SolSys will likely give feedback.

IMHO, I'm not sure there's enough information to merit a whole page for each province, especially since a lot of it is already in the provinces page; it might make more sense to add it to the table there instead, or maybe make another table instead since the current one is already kind of big. I think the other wikis usually just have tables for provinces as well.

Making it into a table would probably also make it easier to automate the process with a script, since there are quite a lot of provinces in the game.

If you wanted to add some brief context/history than that might merit something more. The other wikis typically have at least a small historical overview for most tags, so I don't think it would be out of place (since titles are the closest thing CK2 has to tags). That wouldn't exactly be automatable, though.

IMHO, I'm not sure there's enough information to merit a whole page for each province, especially since a lot of it is already in the provinces page; it might make more sense to add it to the table there instead, or maybe make another table instead since the current one is already kind of big. ...

It's indeed kind of big and crammed and i would think it would be a bit too much in one page to add another table below the current one.
Maybe not each province one page, but a second page for the table with holding names.

By the way, what is the reason to merge pages ? I rarely see a point when that happens.
It just ends in pages being packed with info, while lacking overview and love to detail and often having subjective structure, in my humble opinion. Anyway, just curious.

It's indeed kind of big and crammed and i would think it would be a bit too much in one page to add another table below the current one.
Maybe not each province one page, but a second page for the table with holding names.

By the way, what is the reason to merge pages ? I rarely see a point when that happens.
It just ends in pages being packed with info, while lacking overview and love to detail and often having subjective structure, in my humble opinion. Anyway, just curious.

Another page would make sense, I think the EU4 wiki has as many as 3 separate province table pages?

IMO, I would generally only merge pages if they're very small individually and there's at least one other page that it's related to that would make sense having it merged in, maybe as its own section or something. Generally you can keep it accessible enough if you make the appropriate redirects.

The province page I guess is kind of borderline for what I'd consider too small, but the bigger factor IMO is that as of right now it duplicates a lot of information that already exists in the province tables, and the rest of it can be fairly easily slotted into table format.

#repost to make the tagging call work#

Okay that makes sense. By the way, i had looked up your "Vaud" page.
Was alright to me, but..
While i'm just a common user as anyone, i would think that you would have to do that for all provinces or none.
Just a few provinces, as you said, misses the point of a Wiki in my humble opinion, but i'm not familiar anymore with
the Wiki rules and requirements, so my opinion doesn't matter.

@SolSys will likely give feedback.
I have checked the "Vaud" page.
Most of the info already exists n the provinces table and in my opinion the content subject is too small to warrent a whole page to itself.

A separate table is fine as long as it includes most/all provinces and includes not existing in other places.

* BTW, the big table could be split if it is prefered by the community. It was split to 3 on EU4 since the original grew too big and took long time to load.

Reactions:
I have checked the "Vaud" page.
Most of the info already exists n the provinces table and in my opinion the content subject is too small to warrent a whole page to itself.

A separate table is fine as long as it includes most/all provinces and includes not existing in other places.

* BTW, the big table could be split if it is prefered by the community. It was split to 3 on EU4 since the original grew too big and took long time to load.

first of all, thanks to the comments everyone (Aardvark Bellay, DC123456789 and Solsys. )

I understand the futility of the individual province page, and will delete the “Vaud” one right away. I’ll save the script just in case. (Solsys, what do you think about the historical overview of the province thing? (As in the history of the province in-real-life). If approved it would be something I’d enjoy making, for players to quickly get more info on the history of a specific province, although it will be very long to make them all, at least alone. There are thousand of provinces...).

Also, about the separate table, what is it about and what would we put in it? So far, from the original table, the only values missing are climate & terrain type (as well as possible holdings names, although I now doubt it’s that important)

Edit: I can’t delete the page, if someone can please do so.

As I mentioned, the original province table at EU4 was separted into 3 smaller scoped tables due the the page size/load time.
You can view it here https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Lists_of_provinces

I realize that the CK2 provine list is not in the same size, but it may be something to consider.

The history province is a great candidate for a separate table though it would probably need to be maintained via script as I'm not sure how needed it would be (not a CK player).

@SolSys
@Dauth

There is an apparently outdated maintenance warning in the CK2 WIKI on some pages.
For example here
saying :
Maintenance Notice: The Paradox Wikis network will undergo a platform update on 2021-09-08 (Wednesday).
The network will be offline from 15:00 CET (08:00 CT) for 4 hours and will be available in read-only mode for 48 hours afterwards. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I wonder why it's there, but not on every page.