• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh yay, VIET's on the list. I also notice incest is pretty high up.

Meneth, what is not uptodate in "Merchant republics" and "trade posts" ?
I was about to post a link to both and saw it mentioned for both to be "not accurate" for the current patch level.
But i wonder why ? There was nothing mentioned in the discussion page for each if i remember correctly.

Meneth, what is not uptodate in "Merchant republics" and "trade posts" ?
I was about to post a link to both and saw it mentioned for both to be "not accurate" for the current patch level.
But i wonder why ? There was nothing mentioned in the discussion page for each if i remember correctly.
The outdated tag is assigned automatically. No one has marked the pages as up to date since The Republic.
If they are indeed entirely accurate for The Old Gods, feel free to update the version template on the pages.

The outdated tag is assigned automatically. No one has marked the pages as up to date since The Republic.
If they are indeed entirely accurate for The Old Gods, feel free to update the version template on the pages.

Well i will when i'm safe about that. I believe something changed regarding elections, but have to check first.
Thanks

I noticed that the health trait icons had strange black and red backgrounds. (I guess that's the true colour of the image in those areas, but you normally don't see it because the alpha channel is completely transparent there.) So I tried to upload new ones with transparent backgrounds, converted from the .dds files using ImageMagick. This resulted in, apparently, no change. I thought the wiki software was just throwing away the alpha channel and making it opaque everywhere, so I tried again with a white background, after which the latest version had a ... black and red background. But! then the previous version - between the first and latest - has a chequered white-and-grey background, which I recognised as MediaWiki's way of telling you that part of the image is actually transparent.

It seems that, while the wiki is receiving new versions of images correctly, it only ever uses the first version as the current version no matter what other versions have been uploaded in the meantime. The file actually uploaded for the last version doesn't become visible on the image description page until you upload a new version. The result is rather embarrassing. As of now, the latest version is supposed to have a transparent background, but what's actually turning up doesn't.

Purging the cache (by adding "?action=purge" to the URL) doesn't do anything. Maybe some other cache is messed up and isn't purging - the offending file that isn't getting updated is always http://www.ckiiwiki.com/images/1/1f/Stressed.png , while the older versions get archive URLs.

I noticed that the health trait icons had strange black and red backgrounds. (I guess that's the true colour of the image in those areas, but you normally don't see it because the alpha channel is completely transparent there.)
Yeah, that's an issue with the method I used to export those files back in the day. Glad you're trying to fix it though.

So I tried to upload new ones with transparent backgrounds, converted from the .dds files using ImageMagick. This resulted in, apparently, no change. I thought the wiki software was just throwing away the alpha channel and making it opaque everywhere, so I tried again with a white background, after which the latest version had a ... black and red background. But! then the previous version - between the first and latest - has a chequered white-and-grey background, which I recognised as MediaWiki's way of telling you that part of the image is actually transparent.

It seems that, while the wiki is receiving new versions of images correctly, it only ever uses the first version as the current version no matter what other versions have been uploaded in the meantime. The file actually uploaded for the last version doesn't become visible on the image description page until you upload a new version. The result is rather embarrassing. As of now, the latest version is supposed to have a transparent background, but what's actually turning up doesn't.

Purging the cache (by adding "?action=purge" to the URL) doesn't do anything. Maybe some other cache is messed up and isn't purging - the offending file that isn't getting updated is always http://www.ckiiwiki.com/images/1/1f/Stressed.png , while the older versions get archive URLs.
That's CloudFlare caching it. It updates automatically, but it can take a bit of time. I don't think there's much I can really do about it.

Good to know. I'll wait and see if Stressed.png gets updated, and if it does I'll upload the rest and trust that the cache will fix itself in time.
Stressed is updated as I purged the cache for that specific file.

Seems to have been an ISP or third party proxy issue, but all of a sudden it's fixed itself. :glare:
A good half or so of the files you've uploaded have updated. So within a few hours all the rest should be automatically purged I think.

I've been working on the wiki in the past few weeks, mainly:
*performing the remaining merges of some guides into their respective game concept, while trying to update them with some 2.0 changes.
*adding a lot of icons and few screenshots on articles when applicable, to improve overall readability/experience.

I think this part is almost done ! :happy:

Meneth, you can finally start planning the redesign of the front page for 2014 ! :p

I've been working on the wiki in the past few weeks, mainly:
*performing the remaining merges of some guides into their respective game concept, while trying to update them with some 2.0 changes.
*adding a lot of icons and few screenshots on articles when applicable, to improve overall readability/experience.

I think this part is almost done ! :happy:

Meneth, you can finally start planning the redesign of the front page for 2014 ! :p
Great work :)

Yeah. I think I'll model the frontpage based on the current EU4 Wiki frontpage. Seems to work rather well.

And now this thread is finally stickied!

Congrats ! IMO well deserved given all the help and tools you provide to the community on your free time :)

The idea to change the look&feel to EUIV is a good idea (my opinion).

My only problem with it is that it's asymmetrical: 1/3 of screen (bottom/right part) is completely empty (I'm on 1920x1200)