• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My studies hit me hard, my practice hit me harder, but a single misstep from a bus hit the hardest. I broke two bones in my foot so now I can't go anywhere.
But!
That means I can finally write again in peace! So that's what I'm doing and hope to get it done before I grow a beard.

Thank you to everyone who sees this cause that means you're still with me and I love y'all for that (and also just because you're probably good people in general).

what is a few people burned to get the favor of the Red God?
I can see them also agreeing on that with the Ironborn, of all people, which is hella ironic given the fact that they might quite literally worship actual godlike enemies.
ASOIAF often follows older understandings and models of history
I tend to agree and would offer as a possible explanation the fact that when GRRM began writing, or maybe drafting, this fantasy world he used the overall generic historical consensus at that moment in time and that influenced him the most. Now he most probably knows that we have new theories and ideas about the past, but the basis of his world is built and it would be both hard and tbh quite pointless to change.

I wonder if any water mages remain? Perhaps in Dorne?
I don't know about the books, but in game everyone with a trait "Blessed by Mother Rhoyne" or something like that are supposed to be mages. I both want to and afraid of any possible ward with the Rhoyhar...

Is Planky Town still a haven for the Rhoynar in Westeros?
Yes and no. The town itself is indeed still under a Rhoynar ruler, but the county is ruled from the Viper's Nest castle as Oberin's family domain.
Interesting stuff, especially the background information on the Sorrows which I think shows up in the books.
I think most of it is straight from the books, I think Tyrion's chapters there had a lot of exposition. Or maybe my head's a mess. But I remember the books having quite a bit on that and I found it utterly fascinating. Like whaaat the heeeck is going on there.

More Bloodlines 3 installed
I don't...ish. I can't install it on a current save, but I can tear its corpse to sreds and just throw those in my mod folder and hope for the best.
Westerosi version of Rh'llor, Ralooism
I was indeed thinking about incorporating Ralooism, but I'm yet to get to it. I probably will eventually tho just cause I am very curious about that whateveritis with Mel and my Dany's gerontophiliac grandson and would very much like them to be up to some shenanigans.

Update? How’s everyone doing
Soon! At least I hope and strive for it. I also hope everyone's doing better than me and my astonishingly dumb bone fracture.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Religion: The Bearded Priests

The Bearded Priests​

Archmaester Perestan, author of A Consideration of History, considers that the importance the Norvoshi give to the axe as a symbol of power and might is proof that the Andals were the first to settle Norvos, and suggests the bearded priests took the emblem from ruins they found as they established the city.

However, according to the Norvoshi the order began as religious dissidents in the old Valyrian Freehold, who several centuries before the Doom established Norvos as a colony at the northern fringes of the empire because they wanted to remove themselves from the "corruption" of the other religions that the Valyrians tolerated within the Freehold. In Norvos, they could rule as they saw fit, and regulate all aspects of society according to their theocracy.

The bearded priests are a sect so secretive that even the name of their god is revealed only to initiates. It is forbidden to even write the name down, except as a series of initials. As a result "the Bearded Priests of Norvos" is used to refer to both the organisation and the religion they follow.

vWioqqpNpz0pi9nC7FLZE2LCdNyxbrg0DEz31RQwHPBqLteXB1pXGIlXyms7ypADaVtaa_lAEUmrzQdiplSay4m0tk9bJnSZrAEmQZ4nlKzTTss-hNUon9q5TC0-_d1BULbjfjVgqFw16_fgZDSHOS4

Bearded Priests of Novros by JohnMcCambridge​

The religion of the Bearded Priests is apparently very conservative, seeing sexuality among the populace as only a necessity to produce children. The priests wear hair shirts and untanned hides and practise ritual flagellation.

uzgI5RPqE3xEtkW_AO3HSSSEvtWzTphpOTYkUV1xPvByDrTv0rBDbsTJ3FJ1_BmHOxxtKVt15MntcaGsgVUWUxZOVJq_tfld0xYpJ5EOFFQ_4BTMhQZ4bQfqxyjOOb2UOY--Omb3UktYeFcrvVYvi7k

The Flagellation (1512) by Albrecht Dürer​

Only men can join the Bearded Priests, and once they do they are forbidden to cut any of their hair. They groom their beards to be very large as a sign of this, and in fact only the priests are allowed to grow beards. Free Norvoshi men are not permitted to have beards, though they do grow very large, upswept moustaches. Free Norvoshi women and slaves of both genders are not permitted to have any hair on their heads, and shave them entirely bald. It isn't clear if the hairstyles of the non-priests are another tenet of their religion, or a deeply held cultural tradition reflecting it. Norvoshi noblewomen actually shave off all of their body hair, though when encountering peoples from other cultures they will wear wigs on their heads, because they understand that their baldness is considered unusual to outsiders.

Before the Ultimatum, orphaned or unwanted boys were sold by Norvoshi families to the bearded priests. Now they can only be initiated by their own freely expressed desire (at least that is what the official documents and reports sent by the Norvoshi seem to indicate). This holy guard of soldiers enforce obedience and keep the peace of Norvos, and are trained in the use of longaxes. By sixteen, those trained by the bearded priests "wed their axes", swearing vows which are said to be simple for the simple men who swear them: "Serve. Obey. Protect." They were, and sometimes still are, are branded across their chest with an axe shape to remind them to keep their longaxes sharp. These warrirors trained by the bearded priests might wear heavy horsehair capes and studded leather tunics, along with iron halfhelms crested by iron spikes.

Beards of note​

As my dear reader surely remembers, the most notable bearded priest had no beard (please refer to the Chapter on Norvos proper).

The current High Priest of Norvos is Malonar the Pious from the Order of the Bronze Axe.

RExTXJTnUN9csAUlvtztY59I88uvaBTh1fosRkIJaw_mRf-vEZ3ky3gjS2fAgIkE7ViNU0t_ThLlMQ6FABApdVDR5F_js9fspy10iNtMK40_bkmvpPzWrygwXLo7sjoP_lc1lFtP7gCrK5TANtc5pXc

Directly under him serves:
  • the Order of Iron led by the young and yet beardless Priest Zyrio, grandson of one of the previous High Priests
  • the Order of Nyel led by the old and very bearded Priest Gyan
  • the Order of the Black Axe led by the middle-aged and moderately bearded Priest Pynto
kNVKoe_6uHe4DlfyQlHdP1xKR7OB7wLJUJ6LR1p2HUhcxRzDZ_f4Sa_iHDPHv6s9TkrnPa4l2naR55TF3mbROrJ8efH8YSCfmlBb8cH2r5-F4Wiw8wlC4MCFeCH2FrVIzowfks-OGHsAgrQKp-xx9kc

The Holy Mount Norvo in the heart of Norvos is occupied by the Order of the Mountain. Currently its old leader has died and another beardless youth by the name of Garryros is leading this oldest and most esteemed of Orders. He is being tutored and constantly accompanied by the late leader’s friend, Priest Pyan from the Order of the Unwanted (presumably outcasts?).

-8Uv3sdwKM0tdkVUw5TdKUzdgUnj8O6WcOphRLkAdfkga6hNNtGAUpWAMMJPR8JIDFcSjoPW5jK4GuNY-hMoRKqRfvdlh0IoSVIbgNRd9f8tKaew72TJymr03qg3BACGH7d2IQjrxyvrIuRgjH1DRBY

Smaller orders are responsible for the Norvoshi border defences.

The Order of Rhoyne is guarding the Ghoyan Pass to the west, always on the lookout for any possible Andal adventurers. The Order of War is tasked with the defence of Noyne’s chokepoint to the south and any possible Rhoynar incursions.

LEqBOTH0XWDqspNe351RwMiajMvksVggE5lhrli5xek0o2JRbDC5V-AMc1o0RqDLGjnHQVNLlI2rRXzZ6SsrJ6WZWNr_lV1bWM5lHnWF4qOAEtkAT8q6eO3iTJV_7-8-W6vC0dqMu7fkGCBdpEBGJXM

The Order of the Red Beard is guarding the Bear Hills to the south-east from the hordes of demon-goats. And finally the Order of the Galleys is guarding The Axe to the east, serving as the buffer zone from both Lorathi and Qohorik.

jUmM97PLvUFhxv6FvtLa2bwq7LWHlnYCWciQdlyeSDnfmCoebAtwynWBa_wnq_-Td10twPTB5oDP2fD54CLKJReykq3ZcitdlOSnuDGs2aM_Gm9wdfPv7O5nN3ILVTokuvRHuxMwu5fwYw_JXdDc_rE

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Religion: The Black Goat

The Black Goat​

62CvzHOKiw9maN3P_fz-5BYGHHDpAI-_BCXa1VsbH868EBWAnYIs0iGwN4z_8jgRhzn9H7MXNP3nCexDX2hjvbd4Ci-iFQB4KlnWDivSsdaLsp9eKRAxEt6jtSfO8Cl418w2NtvwhWG4mCMihLMMDY0

As depicted in Game of Thrones: Histories & Lore (found on Wiki of Westeros)​

The Black Goat is a central deity of the lands of Qohor that lie to the southeast.

As irony would have it, the city of Qohor itself started out as a colony founded by a cult of religious dissidents who abandoned Valyria in rejection of the Freehold's tenet of religious tolerance - just like how Norvos was founded by the Bearded Priests. The Black Goat is regarded as an untrustworthy demon in the religion of the Bearded Priests, although this has not stopped Norvos and Qohor from joining forces when necessary.

Religion of the Black Goat has a rather unsavoury reputation: the Black Goat requires daily blood sacrifice. The Qohorik often bring calves, bullocks, and horses before the Black Goat's altars. However, on holy days it is condemned criminals who go beneath the knives of the god's cowled priests, and, in times of danger and crisis it is written that the high nobles of the city offer their own children to placate the Black Goat, that he might defend the city.

Top Bucks​

The current Three Horns of Qohor are:
  • Priest Qiros (the Middle Horn), leader of the faithful in the City of Qohor,
  • Priest Genesgo (the High Horn) from the Goatwood to north-west, and
  • Priest Bysan (the Low Horn) that is supposed to be somehow found in the Deep Forest south of Qohor
gcPGGZ4m5Uv4w83ioajOtZtaCeHf9Xr3AkOwcMWvgTc4GZI8DEtWzk71W_1Wv6vWEQSm6rpm0OIgLvXkYzzhM9SIXtvk74tFuUznil9niEhc1uTLRvnO0T_WqRz268gwXF_v92ssx9u_k_7gxgS4K8g

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:

The Bearded Priests​

Archmaester Perestan, author of A Consideration of History, considers that the importance the Norvoshi give to the axe as a symbol of power and might is proof that the Andals were the first to settle Norvos, and suggests the bearded priests took the emblem from ruins they found as they established the city.

However, according to the Norvoshi the order began as religious dissidents in the old Valyrian Freehold, who several centuries before the Doom established Norvos as a colony at the northern fringes of the empire because they wanted to remove themselves from the "corruption" of the other religions that the Valyrians tolerated within the Freehold. In Norvos, they could rule as they saw fit, and regulate all aspects of society according to their theocracy.

The bearded priests are a sect so secretive that even the name of their god is revealed only to initiates. It is forbidden to even write the name down, except as a series of initials. As a result "the Bearded Priests of Norvos" is used to refer to both the organisation and the religion they follow.

vWioqqpNpz0pi9nC7FLZE2LCdNyxbrg0DEz31RQwHPBqLteXB1pXGIlXyms7ypADaVtaa_lAEUmrzQdiplSay4m0tk9bJnSZrAEmQZ4nlKzTTss-hNUon9q5TC0-_d1BULbjfjVgqFw16_fgZDSHOS4

Bearded Priests of Novros by JohnMcCambridge​

The religion of the Bearded Priests is apparently very conservative, seeing sexuality among the populace as only a necessity to produce children. The priests wear hair shirts and untanned hides and practise ritual flagellation.

uzgI5RPqE3xEtkW_AO3HSSSEvtWzTphpOTYkUV1xPvByDrTv0rBDbsTJ3FJ1_BmHOxxtKVt15MntcaGsgVUWUxZOVJq_tfld0xYpJ5EOFFQ_4BTMhQZ4bQfqxyjOOb2UOY--Omb3UktYeFcrvVYvi7k

The Flagellation (1512) by Albrecht Dürer​

Only men can join the Bearded Priests, and once they do they are forbidden to cut any of their hair. They groom their beards to be very large as a sign of this, and in fact only the priests are allowed to grow beards. Free Norvoshi men are not permitted to have beards, though they do grow very large, upswept moustaches. Free Norvoshi women and slaves of both genders are not permitted to have any hair on their heads, and shave them entirely bald. It isn't clear if the hairstyles of the non-priests are another tenet of their religion, or a deeply held cultural tradition reflecting it. Norvoshi noblewomen actually shave off all of their body hair, though when encountering peoples from other cultures they will wear wigs on their heads, because they understand that their baldness is considered unusual to outsiders.

Before the Ultimatum, orphaned or unwanted boys were sold by Norvoshi families to the bearded priests. Now they can only be initiated by their own freely expressed desire (at least that is what the official documents and reports sent by the Norvoshi seem to indicate). This holy guard of soldiers enforce obedience and keep the peace of Norvos, and are trained in the use of longaxes. By sixteen, those trained by the bearded priests "wed their axes", swearing vows which are said to be simple for the simple men who swear them: "Serve. Obey. Protect." They were, and sometimes still are, are branded across their chest with an axe shape to remind them to keep their longaxes sharp. These warrirors trained by the bearded priests might wear heavy horsehair capes and studded leather tunics, along with iron halfhelms crested by iron spikes.

Beards of note​

As my dear reader surely remembers, the most notable bearded priest had no beard (please refer to the Chapter on Norvos proper).

The current High Priest of Norvos is Malonar the Pious from the Order of the Bronze Axe.

RExTXJTnUN9csAUlvtztY59I88uvaBTh1fosRkIJaw_mRf-vEZ3ky3gjS2fAgIkE7ViNU0t_ThLlMQ6FABApdVDR5F_js9fspy10iNtMK40_bkmvpPzWrygwXLo7sjoP_lc1lFtP7gCrK5TANtc5pXc

Directly under him serves:
  • the Order of Iron led by the young and yet beardless Priest Zyrio, grandson of one of the previous High Priests
  • the Order of Nyel led by the old and very bearded Priest Gyan
  • the Order of the Black Axe led by the middle-aged and moderately bearded Priest Pynto
kNVKoe_6uHe4DlfyQlHdP1xKR7OB7wLJUJ6LR1p2HUhcxRzDZ_f4Sa_iHDPHv6s9TkrnPa4l2naR55TF3mbROrJ8efH8YSCfmlBb8cH2r5-F4Wiw8wlC4MCFeCH2FrVIzowfks-OGHsAgrQKp-xx9kc

The Holy Mount Norvo in the heart of Norvos is occupied by the Order of the Mountain. Currently its old leader has died and another beardless youth by the name of Garryros is leading this oldest and most esteemed of Orders. He is being tutored and constantly accompanied by the late leader’s friend, Priest Pyan from the Order of the Unwanted (presumably outcasts?).

-8Uv3sdwKM0tdkVUw5TdKUzdgUnj8O6WcOphRLkAdfkga6hNNtGAUpWAMMJPR8JIDFcSjoPW5jK4GuNY-hMoRKqRfvdlh0IoSVIbgNRd9f8tKaew72TJymr03qg3BACGH7d2IQjrxyvrIuRgjH1DRBY

Smaller orders are responsible for the Norvoshi border defences.

The Order of Rhoyne is guarding the Ghoyan Pass to the west, always on the lookout for any possible Andal adventurers. The Order of War is tasked with the defence of Noyne’s chokepoint to the south and any possible Rhoynar incursions.

LEqBOTH0XWDqspNe351RwMiajMvksVggE5lhrli5xek0o2JRbDC5V-AMc1o0RqDLGjnHQVNLlI2rRXzZ6SsrJ6WZWNr_lV1bWM5lHnWF4qOAEtkAT8q6eO3iTJV_7-8-W6vC0dqMu7fkGCBdpEBGJXM

The Order of the Red Beard is guarding the Bear Hills to the south-east from the hordes of demon-goats. And finally the Order of the Galleys is guarding The Axe to the east, serving as the buffer zone from both Lorathi and Qohorik.

jUmM97PLvUFhxv6FvtLa2bwq7LWHlnYCWciQdlyeSDnfmCoebAtwynWBa_wnq_-Td10twPTB5oDP2fD54CLKJReykq3ZcitdlOSnuDGs2aM_Gm9wdfPv7O5nN3ILVTokuvRHuxMwu5fwYw_JXdDc_rE
faces changed now lol.. all the dude have great beards.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Religion: Blind Boash

Blind Boash​

Boash, also called the Blind God, is another deity that was once worshipped in the Valyrian Freehold. 1322 years before the Doom of Valyria, a sect of religious dissidents left the Valyrian Freehold to establish a temple on the Lorathi main isle, thereby founding Lorath as a Valyrian colony. The ancient mazes of the mazemakers became the towns, temples, and tombs of the Boash'i.

The Boash'i practiced an austere lifestyle of extreme self-abnegation, even more than the Bearded Priests of Norvos. Their priests were eunuchs, who wore eyeless hoods in honor of their god, as they believed that only in darkness their third eye would open, allowing them to see the "higher truths" of creation that lay concealed behind the illusions of the material world. They ate no flesh and drank no wine. They went about barefoot, clad only in hair shirts and hides (somewhat resembling the bearded priests in that regard).

One of the cornerstones of their doctrine was the extreme abnegation of the self, for only by freeing themselves of vanity could men hope to become one with the godhood. Thus, the Boash'i put aside their own names and spoke of themselves as "a man" or "a woman", rather than say "I" or "me".

The followers of Boash also firmly held the belief that all life was sacred and eternal. They further believed that all on earth were equal creatures of god; men and women, lords and peasants, rich and poor, slave and master, and even man and beast (in the sense that all of them are equally worthless before their god).

While the Bearded Priests to their south still permitted slavery and even bought slaves to serve as temple guards, the cult of Boash outlawed slavery on their islands. As a result Lorath became a major destination for escaped slaves and still has a very diverse ethnic composition, due to much of its population being descended from slaves the Valyrians took from across the world (although it was later eclipsed by Braavos in both of those aspects).

The Boash'i continued to dominate Lorath for several centuries, but the number of the Blind God's devotees gradually dwindled, both due to new settlers moving into the city from Andalos and Ib, and descendants of the original settlers simply losing interest in it. As the worship of Boash dwindled, the priests grew worldly and corrupt, more concerned with collecting wealth than observing the faith, forsaking their hair shirts, hoods, and piety, and growing fat and rich off the taxes they extracted from those they ruled. Finally, the lower classes rose in rebellion. The acolytes of the Blind God were slaughtered, save for a few that fled to the great temple maze on Lorassyon. There they remained for the best part of a century. At some point before the Century of Blood the last of the old priests of Boash were wiped out and Lorath became a Freehold, like Valyria before it.

Today, the cult of Boash is extinct, though upper-class Lorathi retains the habit of speaking without pronouns and regards it as terribly vulgar to speak of one's self directly.

Just to demonstrate how low Lorath's priesthood has fallen, I implore my dear reader to look upon the City’s current Priest of The Moon. Illio Lorstaff, as he calls himself, is the bastard born son of the previous Priest. At the time of his ascension there were rumours that he or his bastard-born sister had Illio’s wife and child murdered in cold blood just to make Illio eligible for priesthood. Unfortunately nothing has been proven and their deaths are left largely forgotten.

zZAGMivwZNR8_piAUI2SQsfnMtEZ4HLZCGloq4IV0GGv8Zxrx3XbrQ36kDhbw6AYKynHJi-eNxfQq8uyBLmoLo2tKBGXFqpRZHUJUtg09C3RKqraoGodY1NlwJviUz7-NnXIFqIpsR8lsp1WBfFhK8I

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
faces changed now lol.. all the dude have great beards.
yeah, I finally fully embraced that mod and now at least Norvos is somewhat normal XD

Reactions:
new update mods list.
can we get save update link. pleasee
Sure, will do. Although I have a proposition. I am waiting for the Faces mod to update (the forum thread makes it seem like it will happen very soon), then I'll meddle with it to make it compatible with the save and stuff. Maybe I'll post the new link then? Nothing new had happened in the save anyway, it's still on pause.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Religion: Gods of Tits and Wine

Gods of Tits and Wine​

The following paragraph was compiled in its entirety by the Maesters in the service of the Iron Throne

The religion of the Summer Isles is based primarily around the worship of three major gods, and a myriad of minor deities. The stories that depict the beings can be found carved into trees and stones across the isles.

Sallar and Shanta, the Two Halves​

Sallar and Shanta are considered the greatest of the gods revered by the Summer Islanders, the manifestation of love. The strength and beauty of the two lovers is said to reside in all born upon the isles, and expression of their gifts forms the fundamental basis of the islanders' beliefs of freedom of love.

Once a single being, Sallar and Shanta were split by the trickery of the Spider God, Isana, and separated by sea, land and sky. For a millenia Shanta wept, and Sallar raged, for both were so desperate to feel the embrace of the other, until the lesser gods that roamed freely on the isles when they were still new to the world rose up against Isana. But the Spider God was too devious, and spun trap after trap for those that sought to overthrow his control of the isles. Only when Zhoza, The Goddess of the Waters and Waro, Spirit of the Winds joined with them could they defeat Isana, and reunite the Two Halves once again. Since that day, Sallar and Shanta have remained in an eternal embrace, never once separated from each other, and their intertwined bodies adorn walls, stones and trees across the islands, reminding the residents that they too may be whole when they find their equal Half.

Since the inseparable Two Halves are the greatest of the Summer gods, theirs is the grandest temple - the whole Isle of Love. The current Queen of Love there is Xola Igha, a passionate and devoted grand priestess.

IMg7eItfVMP4EyZfcD94GZdwtisY-nWiCkd9uxEhmn0IN_6_dlkI7iFPJbvUxTKrD09zwRWbDWLDbt-4BZFWGg5Jdr4TP6Q5uJLVibxzy8RUaqRk_Kz1fzXJOGeq-otRadTU8SL4QQBVniVpTu9BAKo

Waro, Spirit of the Winds​

Along with Zhoza, Waro is revered by sailors of the great Swan Ships that the Summer Isles are most famed for. Their prayers request a strong, never-ending breeze that will carry them to their destination swifter than any other vessel, but seek for it to be in harmony with the calm, even waters beneath the sails, so that they may reach it safely.

Waro, however, is said to be a temperamental god, prone to both the devastating rages capable of felling even the most deeply-rooted Goldenheart tree, and the lingering silences in which the seas grow still, and motionless. Offerings of nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and other spices thrown into a passing breeze are said to appease him and gain his favour for a journey, but only in those trips that promise to bring good fortune to the Summer Isles and its people.

Waro is said to dance through the mountaintops of the Singing Stones, whispering to those that call the islands their home so that they might know his will for the day, speaking in a voice that alternates between dulcet resonance and shrill whistling.

His main priest is Olanrewaju from the temple built at the base of the Drumsone, the biggest Singing Stone.

cVLkCe8C9KSRkFFZxHC8qHjfJbPagc7XXx5MNZ_gQJIAnvYcbsSux2zog15JuhQMBxN7fuKXQd98AGp7xpDYV5JT5HiDLVmtTN-6Og00-nfjUQi7fMYXx7UgP0aTSUf3YojasAdrlgDVFCFZeHw0N14

He is also revered on Koj, along with Zhoza’s son Maq, the Guardian of the Waves.

Zhoza, Goddess of the Waters​

qx77M41xEaxjnihYsbN_I2Ua7HHrw8m-tjL1XFd_PMRB_0h5dxLqUjgLHYpzbbDWYz4iS6x681TjzfPWlcapKScFJhZ9dFGqykD-Da01kFJKGosIpWwj-jhCMyc1C_HlZ1Tem-VKs2SYgb7adKooTzg

Orisha Yemaya: Queen of the Sea
(if it is not AI and anyone knows the author, please contact me)​

After she was taught the ways of love by Sallar and Shanta before they were split into separate beings, Zhoza, the Goddess of the Waters gave life to man, and is considered by the Islanders to be the mother of all those in the Known World. To one of her children she taught the ways of the water and how to create and control those which inhabit it, creating the deity Maq, Guardian of the Waves.

When she was weakened by her altercation with Chlaena, Zhoza has since shunned the open, deep waters of the sea, instead crafting herself a place to reside inland. The fast-flowing waters that run through the isle of Jhala start at a series of waterfalls that bear her name, and Zhoza is said to bathe in the swirling waters at their base. Though most commonly she appears as an ethereal being whose hair flows down her back like the waters in which she resides, she can take the form of any creature or beast that lives beneath or besides rivers, lakes or seas.

Since Zhoza is both important as the mother of all Summer Islanders and is said to reside in the waterfall that falls on two sides of the mountain, it is only natural that she has two dedicated temples - one in the Red Flower Vale, led by priestess Doshura, and another in the White Lotus Vale, led by priestess Lusala.

yKkRJ-3k6nsmrN6kQV0_cSwLpPPneS1QQ5ienGB4Se2GUMJCIUxOdl_ZXQvN-vRsPoiik8HGCXD1TfBCkgLDzrEFs8km96d9dG7YVtB2X1H0VmSwqopnKYb-cFC1sXcRbXTedtAuzmOU7K34UwrLTw0

Maq, Guardian of the Waves​

sy-T9e8KchdJd3B3DkAWTlAosiXNRiQKSilP8kacAe46NJqvCk7hVkrixdyIAgNtFbK61VAOAjOW_4JoKT7ZwGM4l8jxMyxK-zxlqtjHQulhMnIjn_CN458GBe8Ba4QuGgu0fiENy_dscyzge0dEuUA

Found of Redbubble, pretty sure it is AI
(but if anyone knows the author, please contact me)​

The son of Zhoza, the Goddess of the Waters, Maq takes the form of a grey-skinned man, human in every regard besides the pointed fin between his shoulders. Responsible for watching over the creatures of the sea, offerings to him hope to encourage and maintain the numerous shoals of fish and other sealife upon which the diet of the Summer Islanders is based.

He is described as brave, fiercely loyal, but sometimes impetuous in his actions, always seeking to return to his love, Chlaena, despite her attempt to poison him.

He is revered on Koj, along with Waro, Spirit of the Winds. Their joint temple there is led by priestess Abraya of The Arrows.

W9zBx7KyryKKo-hVmxnGO-LfI7vBPw-IB22693xmGqgp_9mOgGJJ9oksWaMXXwLzFnADJRTPfILe6hZfz0ej0j6u7ni1sCZo31cz_BZGTDJ-DAVgkMM7Dv53xACJh1pXj4l2HL6Ug8Mh7ALeIxoF-K0

Chlaena, the Ring Maiden​

Depicted as a beautiful maiden, whose pale skin is marked by a number of small blue rings, Chlaena is another deity of the waters in Summer Islander culture. It is said that Maq and Chlaena were once lovers, but overtime Chlaena grew to dislike Maq’s impulsive actions, and sought to poison him. After seeking a deal with Isana, the Spider God, her heart grew cold, and her skin, unblemished by any mark or tarnish, grew marked with rings of vibrant azure. Whenever she neared the Guardian of the Waves, he would slow, weakened by her presence. It was only when Zhoza herself intervened to save her son that Chlaena’s plot was disrupted.

As punishment, Chlaena was exiled from the warm waters that surrounded the island, forced into the deep darkness where leviathans and sea dragons are said to slumber. Despite this she still has a number of servants, each of which bear the marks that she did. There are also rumours that she is revered in Far Harbour on Doquu and that priest Dahlor there is being in active cohorts with the Pale Maiden by means of ingesting her servants, small blue ring octopi.

SQWob7_ugDKOcOscZkIZpOr0qykCXlIHUkJcAKbhvskOe_n3Up169vJiWBNHXMaIp30XpkLWKz7wbZcT-tL1hpp2bXipO4-PswXz9Q9K0Qgzph-BrZCEdgDIrP4DilnYB21_JUmvmL1wGA9aswmdQDE

Isana, the Spider God​

The true malignancy of Isana varies with differing stories and different storytellers, but it is commonly accepted that the will of the Spider God is the least favourable to the people of the Isles. More often than not, Isana is said to take the form of a large red and grey arachnid, but sometimes appears as a man or woman with several pairs of wiry legs sprouting from their back. A treacherous and fickle spirit, Isana enjoys little more than sharing vivid promises of greatness and success with those that seek an audience, only to trap them in their words and actions in eternal punishment.

Isana grew jealous of the affection showered onto the being whose name has been forgotten, and worked to ensnare them. Isana split the being in two, creating the Two Halves, Sallar and Shanta, hoping their grief and sorrow would drive them to a self-inflicted demise. For over a thousand years the Spider God claimed dominion over the Isles, until being finally overthrown when Zhoza and Waro joined with the lesser gods to free and reunite the Two Halves. The majority of its powers removed, Isana now subsides by making deals with men and lesser Gods alike.

There are no known temples to this deity on any of the islands, although there are rumours of a possible secret cult.

The Parrot Prince​

Said to have made his home in the centre of the Isle of Birds, the Parrot Prince is a benevolent being, and one of the many gods of the Summer Isles to take the form of an animal. Said to be capable of taking the form of any feathered beast, but most often appears as a scarlet macaw, a little bigger than a child in size, and speaks in a deep, echoing voice. He is said to be quick-witted, with a passion for playful mockery with those that seek him out.

He is considered to be one of the lesser gods, but treasured and held in reverence nonetheless, and his shrine upon the Isle of Birds is piled high with offerings of fruit and flowers daily. His main temple on Parrotshore is led by priest Dhalla.

7XJNnZZ4tGFeaPtGzA9HAsKt9DjgD-uxSD7F13cdLYAIzhKfMJ02lSrydHzRTom0_K1Z_bdatJf0181hMPBRvHFIGvyS1wHC1S_W3dPoz0z_sDkLhd-vmJA-GD5JKUE1GMIyHBJ0YDpGzO1NU_E4mHk

Ralla, the Daughter of Dance​

The Daughter of Dance is another lesser deity of the island, and a popular figure amongst the young of the island. Said to be the wife of the Parrot Prince, and lover to nearly all of the gods, she supposedly takes the form of either a Bird of Paradise or a butterfly with wings of unparallelled vibrancy.

She is said to bring joy to the hearts of men, relieving them of their worries and stresses, instead encouraging enjoyment and revelry in all aspects of life.

Her main temple is located on the Isle of Birds and led by a handsome yet cold-hearted priest Jaros.

PBvn_HRXWW0pE8Ip0Xdnq6TBuqfHxM3RYh8oxb-PoFffgq4kGOEc4N32uD5j81IpN5KM5OIRAoG6tTwbn-kOvnqu8LsPwS9zVHfkPWUE5G8A26Ya5YnoSE8095fAc_klXha3peZX6MjiushgYvfnYhY

Arraq, the Great Leopard​

He is the god of courage, strength, battle and his most sacred rite - the hunt. He is a massive half man half leopard that's over 10 feet tall, with deep crimson spots on bright golden fur and deep ebony skin, adorned with golden ornate armour and two curved swords. He shares no kinship with any of the other gods but is their guardian. There are none near as skilled in battle and no champion of their faith as ferocious. Though he seems angry, he is actually highly passionate, despising the weakness of the spirit and soul. He is said to have actually been a man that acceded to godhood by slaying the great silver ape demon who once had threatened the entire summer islands.

His sect of the Summer Islands faith is known as the leopard cult though many do think they are strange and are wary. But to those he seems truly worthy he grants a boon, sending whomever the person may be to greatness unlike never before. But as the years drag on none have yet been deemed worthy enough, and so the title of The Red Leopard, the chosen champion of the Leopard Cult, remains unclaimed.

His main temple is located in the forest near the Golden Head and is led by priest Danaba (whose inert nature is believed to be a serious upfront to his own god).

JZpmq0RABerqNT1mEI2FVgAcPYSdiZ8GF-WuOadslJ3zqx6uXTWavdr9hkXK4Tc_rZgnQT1VmVWMU7UcbwRR9MnlEHG9rP5zMakMIYjxs84GMMdqJ1KQ6gubDGI7eFf3oZHCbTtkhCi9CVFNVEzacUE

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I liked these religion writeups. It's also nice to see what Tyrion's favorite religion actually worships. He completely wants to live on the Isle of Love. Also, they have a lot of animal deities, don't they?

A cult of Isana is the equivalent of Satanist cults in vanilla, right?

I suppose Realpolitik occasionally means that one must ally with devil worshippers.

Is the Cult of Boash somewhat based on Gnosticism? I mean, there is the idea that the material world is an illusion... Also, did that cult somewhat inspire the Faceless Men? They also call themselves "a man" or "a woman"?

I'm starting to think Essos was just Fantasy America when it comes to religion. Clearly the solution to persecution is to move to the New World!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Good to see the return of this!

I do, it was a woman who was one of the most prominent of Norvos's ''bearded'' priests as I remember.

New portrait mod? Whats the name of it, is it save game compatable, would be interested to see how some of my chars would look in that style. The Summer Islanders in particular look much better.

Love that Black Goat of Qohor artwork you found, looks very Greek mythology like.

One of the cornerstones of their doctrine was the extreme abnegation of the self, for only by freeing themselves of vanity could men hope to become one with the godhood. Thus, the Boash'i put aside their own names and spoke of themselves as "a man" or "a woman", rather than say "I" or "me".
Interesting background

• 1Like
Reactions:
I liked these religion writeups
I loved them too, and I will again state that they are not mine at all, they are all a fan-made entries for the Iron Throne Roleplay and all the prase is automatically redirected to their respective authors (whom I unfortunately don't know).
Also, they have a lot of animal deities, don't they?
I personally loved the idea of their gods being this animistic. With the Islands being so lush it is natural for them to be full of life, and old societies do tend to incorporate their surroundings into their beliefs, so it does seem like a perfect fit.
A cult of Isana is the equivalent of Satanist cults in vanilla, right?
Since these gods are from a forum roleplay and not from lore, they are (unfortunately) not in the game, so I actually don't know how the Satanist cult is represented for the summer people. I probably should look into that actually, now that you've mentioned it.
Is the Cult of Boash somewhat based on Gnosticism? I mean, there is the idea that the material world is an illusion... Also, did that cult somewhat inspire the Faceless Men? They also call themselves "a man" or "a woman"?
I think it is at least strongly influenced by that, yes. Unfortunately there is not that much info on it so it isn't that fleshed out. As for the Faceless Men, Jaqen H'ghar is (posing as) a Lorathi man so he speaks in that fashion, but other Faceless Men who are not Lorathi don't, or at least should not canonically, use that form of speech.
I'm starting to think Essos was just Fantasy America when it comes to religion. Clearly the solution to persecution is to move to the New World!
Just don't go too far East cause I don't know what are they doing in Asshai and at this point I am afraid to ask XD

Good to see the return of this!
Thank you! Life unfortunately continues to give me a bit of a hard time right now so it wasn't as triumphant comeback as I was hoping for, but I am not abandoning it.
I do, it was a woman who was one of the most prominent of Norvos's ''bearded'' priests as I remember.
It is so heartwarming to read tbh, it's like "omg people actually read this stuff!". Such a surge of motivation!
New portrait mod? Whats the name of it, is it save game compatable, would be interested to see how some of my chars would look in that style. The Summer Islanders in particular look much better.
It seems to be compatible, yes. It is AGOT Portrait Overhaul from this poster, the original author seems to have abandoned the project, but the other guy is trying to revive it.
Love that Black Goat of Qohor artwork you found, looks very Greek mythology like.
I loved it too, it's a pity there isn't a complete set in this style, or at least I couldn't find it. Would've loved to illustrate all of the gods in one style.
Interesting background
I agree, it is very unique. I hope (probably in vain) we'll get some more info on that part of the world some day.

Reactions:
Religion: The Graces of Gods

The Graces of Gods​

The Ghiscari religion is followed in the region of Slaver's Bay on the southern coast of Essos. Few details are actually known to the outsiders about the deities that the religion worships, forcing most of the maesters (your humble author included) to refer to them simply as the "gods of Ghis" (referring to Old Ghis, the ancient capital of the old Ghiscari Empire). The ancient cities of Meereen, Yunkai, and Astapor were founded as colonies of the ancient Ghiscari Empire and still carry on some of its traditions, although there are those among the maesters who speculate that at least some of those traditions might have become bastardised with time.

It is known that the Ghiscari religion is centred around an all-female clergy known as the Graces. They are housed in each Ghiscari city in the Temple of the Graces - huge structures topped with domes.

The Graces wear different coloured robes to denote different functions. Unfortunately the exact purpose of the Gold and the Purple Graces is obscured to the outsiders, but we do know the idea behind other colours.

The Blue Graces are the healers.

Red Graces are the cult prostitutes. They wait every night in their little snuggeries in the pleasure gardens until a man chooses them. Those who are not chosen must remain until the sun comes up.

The White Graces are the young girls of noble birth too young for the pleasure palaces.

Green Graces are the High Priestesses of the order and they are attended by the Pink Graces. "Your Benevolence" is a style used to refer to Green Graces. There appears to be only one Green Grace per Temple of the Graces.

The current Green Grace of Meereen is the Mad Hezhene. It would seem that she might have served as a Red Grace at some point and got a permanent and fatal reminder of her younger days.

w6FHEgP2wkfsyCMXYpP5Y9L7C9XQh_IFo6CY4_X8o5xjooual2X11ywhYU1DdCjvjrECgC5eMf_OIEWoQlopaH_UHpUrosNRw6MR3b2ELOKklSWBfZw61ADA_r-77eYB3g74jB9HykSu8GBzF9e9iRs

The Green Grace of Astapor is Balazza. She is infamous for her relentless persecution and ruthless repressions towards every other faith.

eoHuMj8JKmW89B8yauM3hu0U5-OqeshZKJTehUIfRRrRNvDs1qBoNztRW1Enscy91eOyzjJXE1AONiDWOIDng3wgl25c5yLkoovZxZvnKZ0tlanPx19EDymT2mZGBw42lvEpO4lwdBOiet1emxYwf5w

The Green Grace of Yunkai is young Baezhara. She is accompanied everywhere by her bodyguard, an old Lhazareen slave by the name of Tzegul, and an orphaned young man with the mind of a child, Srozdaz zo Myraq, who is usually extremely well-behaved, but is unfortunately prone to bursts of uncontrollable streaks of profanities at the most unexpected of times.

uuIU1Il9tFEGqwIWXZAAoMm4X6Ng7gMqwi9AfIfHSND1GJjbTB2hFsbdkZRmkQBBlEUSSg8enit9nkyHmz085nLY-Cc_S22GJa_NB5UwUQVLZVUy8C2QCfKBqZDBBr3XIg_xtIrOhH5Lt1NB6vHVoWQ

The Green Grace of New Ghis is Qaezhara. She is tasked with conversions on the newly occupied Lhazareen land of Olta Drogaki, a situation that no doubt terrifies the nervous woman.

GMKs7sOs9QcZnRjgi15raFcCMlGCXFXH-nNVdQEZGGmokn87ny-1s630j9dJi-2btv4jNImXSVrthErhSQRio0zDp8cS5bD3dpKn6xKo0aYVBv-dbWtaz_FANWVK2bSrt01ht94WsTm8hVGk-v8SwIY

The relatively new great city of Skahazadhan does not yet have an official Temple for the Graces. The Colourless Grace Dhakazza serves as an unofficial high priestess until a temple is constructed. She is no doubt aiming for becoming properly Green and therefore executes her duties with extra fervour.

JEyOI4B7kuO0GbMbbi_7A4MU8NHI2MoYhxZrFTri6WmOI8J8cHyy3jn6UAYgmjd2N9341TN5i63JgEhcKjKm5Cl15wjYi35V7csUx6Ohfj04pcz3-tSJwv86NjdWRv3SSQO2e4-ne0acVK-eIuSWRa4

The famous fighting pits found in the cities are also said to be part of the Ghiscari religion: the gladiatorial combat is (allegedly) profoundly religious in nature, a blood sacrifice to the gods of Ghis, and the blessing of the Graces is needed to begin the Great Games. In theory at least, the combats are not mere butchery but a display of courage, skill, and strength in the name of the gods. Victorious fighters are pampered and acclaimed and the slain are honoured and remembered. For a criminal condemned to die upon the sands the pits represent judgement by battle, a last chance to prove their innocence. Of course, the fighting pits also bring in a large amount of money from spectators, and even more from those who gamble on the outcomes of fights.

While the Ghiscari religion is favoured by the aristocratic slave-trading families of the region, it is far from the only religion in Slaver's Bay. Many religions can be found among the slave population, many of whom have been imported from disparate foreign lands (either recently or in generations past). In that sense it clearly follows the path of its long-gone neighbour, the Old Valyria.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Ah the Ghiscari, only reason I even still remember them is due to their funny names. The Graces certainly are a cool read, that one mad Grace must have had a hell of a story to tell.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Graces do appear to be fascinating. How does one become a Green Grace, though? Election?

Reactions:
Ah the Ghiscari, only reason I even still remember them is due to their funny names
Same tbh XD the names and their over-the-top eeevilness. I actually cannot remember a single positive quality about their culture, but can name quite a few absolutely abhorrent things they're supposed to be up to.
that one mad Grace must have had a hell of a story to tell
Yeah, she's probably the only interesting character from the Ghis subplot and she isn't even canon XD

How does one become a Green Grace, though? Election?
Unfortunately I suspect that even GRRM doesn't know that, but I'd think it is probably some sort of an election, yes. Maybe girls start as white graces and climb the ladder up or there are some trials and the colours are akin to the belts in karate or something, reflecting on one's proven knowledge and skills.

Reactions:
Religion: Shrouded Isle of the Gods

Shrouded Isle of the Gods​

The Isle of the Gods is one of the islands in the centre of Braavos, located near the junction of the Canal of Heroes and the Long Canal.

The Isle itself is named after the many temples and shrines found in its vicinity. Located on nearby islands are the Temple of the Lord of Light to the north, the Sept-Beyond-the-Sea to the southwest, the Temple of the Moonsingers to the northwest, and the House of Black and White to the south. The scrying tower of the Cult of Starry Wisdom is also rumoured to be nearby.

Holy places on and around the Isle of the Gods also include:
  • temple of the Father of Waters that is rebuilt anew whenever the Father takes a new bride each year on his feast days
  • the shrine of the Weeping Lady of Lys (and those of the other Lysene gods as well)
The statues of the Weeping Lady of Lys are those of a 12 feet tall marble woman. Real silver tears are trickling from the eyes, often filling the bowls her followers cradle in their arms. Her statues are most commonly visited by old women. It is unknown if there is a connection between the goddess and the Tears of Lys, but she does have a dedicated statue in the House of Black and White (more on that later).

17RnGio46s0GVQA4DKVsu6EG0qjs_T_3ZOOmNgMfQ3YRjWBRCphngiDj5tTcOQKBMK5SjCbdLFGd2wlsVC7sH-auQAECDv3s47rBcawT9QdfmbfG7nMlTPaE44OK2i-k8ER079EexcPlFc7GkAouLGI

AI by me​

Yndros is male by day and female by night, and their acolytes can supposedly transform themselves from male to female and female to male in the act of love.

Not much is known about Saagael, also known as the Giver of Pain and faceless Saagael. This deity as its followers are not particularly open.

5C-4q52LsYX2uFroH7XwCnF6pSbTjedwwD9tDDCVRJeOnFiR_k_c_rkIWRGx3nCOQdgTqiAiv9QlHwx9FfMcPJUOcwR7GRqlqDt-ry-f1DZsHjuVzeKZwSIFOynLGIMukdFvAbV0yL2B2cCdCnxEui0

AI by me​

Pantera - another secretive Lysene deity - is a six-breasted cat goddess.

0uoa9DkPZTl-OFuVpbPe8vsIXWL07I5Li6hnk2NMwLtR2V7JK7gPVt8s32StO_-gjjNngt6kYo6bnJNMmPZ2p0Gtbx2xiqe9N2AHn_pIWAGZDJ24I6bPyiRg_BKb2IloqR0wxYmVFmkB-sEvyun5aDc

AI by me
(since Midjourney is afraid of breasts, please imagine the rest of them are in the shadows)

• the three-turreted tower of Trios

Trios, or Three-Headed Trios, is a three-headed god worshipped in Essos. There is also a large statue of him near the Temple of Trios in Tyrosh. It is said that the first head of Trios devours the dying and the reborn emerge from the third, but the purpose of the middle head is unclear.

• the wooden hall of the Lord of Harmony, with windows of leaded glass showing half a hundred kinds of butterflies in all their bright colours
Naathi Lord of Harmony is represented as a laughing giant, naked and bearded and attended by swarms of women with butterfly wings.

d9mjMWcuedZASn2p1yWNaDoGkC9VjXGATpzpAxUMgAdp67szUUl9RcQDMxN0mQc4Jbw7ac5hWK7D4W7Z5C3FUfUpyiq9vBfQaMhm7iQ-iHwbeCm35IurZ0Ryllj4ARl_1AEsUFAjZry5LRyLpamu3OI

AI by me
(before blessing me with this Jesus-like figure, AI also came up with two other gorgeous variants, so I decided to show them off too, but to not steal the attention from my new favourite butterfly Christ here are links: one and two)

He is regarded as the only true god, is said to be the one who always was and always would be, that made the moon and stars and earth and all the creatures that dwelt upon them. He is attended by butterfly women. It is believed that the sacred butterfly spirits of the Lord of Harmony protect the isle against those who would do them harm. Many conquerors have sailed to Naath, but all of them sicken and die if they stay overlong. On the other hand, the slavers in their more recent raids seem unaffected for they long ago learned that they have low chances of being infected if they stay on the isle for a few hours or if they attack at night.

• the house of the Great Shepherd, or lamb god, the deity of the peaceful Lhazareen (they are taught that all men are one flock)

• the Stones of the Silent God
HB0Z-wgIIv4r9wLFnDtCAtbLke9MmrsELRktN9XDLGk9_xKFHuFSVQUk_vXMAzPQI3-z04qfNv6xPi-uw1EtWqyXBUqmi4C0lWynnh3d6r_sdO3nsI3R-bzUJXAy3q6tHCq4kgMKQg7W4uwhrKwI7QM

AI by me​

• the Patternmaker's Maze (the priests of the Pattern claim that only those who learn to walk the labyrinth properly will find wisdom; it is unknown if there are similar mazes in other cities or if there is a connection with the mazemakers of Lorath)
c94N_KDnbwRDxow4FUiEeUaSBrrV599Ol-HjVjit2-5ufp9cdBKZE8eRKkskV22-k74I1qtgGk-HVIJcusV4QQkZCJEqaLTFKUNqgcYA3C3bVvzGqTnfqICJ2UW3oFsVHb6yjLQTTzBKjqoz8_Ll4s0

AI by me​

• the temple of Aquan the Red Bull located by a canal (his priests sacrifices a pure white calf in every thirteenth day and offer bowls of blood to beggars)
GTW9SHlEnwwSAuokOy8ttTBOk_V2fZlxQsYUFlEuW3wo7LiluurBQdHCruws5MLXlXV6uDY-RaL5VHm58FdJbYHlnoxDW0_WZ79-q4vjPdLO0fFOgWd7GjsBgk2L_bDPlPW-uy3bG5-PPIOdILAPFz8

AI by me​

• the twin temples of Semosh and Selloso on the opposite sides of the Black Canal

• the Gardens of Gelenei (presumably a deity), with a gilded tree a hundred feet high with leaves of hammered silver
VZtEXT8sQByHoQ6l0t1-acD5xRBP9nmJzo58VC74s5dVZbWhh7XVisVXRgOKBxG9N9nSzRtNrF8BABUmM-RFgstuTb2O9zwKkdpROoOfiBtjgAkRFpPecPr90qeUckSnmR70YSJm3Ubb3vpr12HI0KA

AI by me​

• the Warren (a large brick structure covered with lichen that is also called the Holy Refuge where the forgotten gods are honoured)
l4HzfLI5-HFIVPpGHXC_JmjjpFbDmS8fgTmXPeOp974lqt6jInTWCtUNHxF-LE872vPk2f_OBAB81slws3m-cmUm_k8t34kSk1jZZxyVOfgbWP2hebbwD3YJ2d6BrdpEvpktKAHMcpheX-UtzfOFunc

AI by me​

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Religion: Shrouded Isle of the Gods: The Moonsingers

The Moonsingers​

Initially the Moonsingers are the priestesses of the Jogos Nhai, nomadic raiders of the Further East. Each band of Jogos Nhai is led by a jhat, a war chief, and a moonsinger, who takes the role of priestess, healer, and judge. Whereas jhats command in matters of war, raid, and battle, the moonsinger commands over any other aspect in the band's life. Males can be moonsingers, too. However, this requires boys to dress and live as women.

Centuries ago a shipment of slaves of the Valyrian Freehold bound for Sothoryos revolted, seized the slave ships transporting them, and fled north. A group of enslaved women from the lands of the Jogos Nhai prophesied where they would find shelter: a lagoon behind a wall of pine-clad hills and sea stones, where frequent fogs would help hide the refugees from the eyes of dragonlords passing overhead. These women were moonsingers and, according to Braavosi history, their prophecy proved true. For that reason, the Temple of the Moonsingers is the largest in Braavos.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
It's nice to see a bit about the religious situation in Braavos.

How are those tears recovered? And how are they silver? Are they human tears? Is it a figure of speech?

• 1Like
Reactions: