• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dandud100

Private
Apr 6, 2022
Describe your issue
Game Lags / Freezes periodically

What is your game version?
1.14.1-f2

What expansions do you have installed?
NONE

What mods are you using?
Move It, 25 Tiles, Cities Multiplayer

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
My game freezes like every 10-20 seconds for 1-3 seconds make the game impossible to play for me. When the freeze happen i can move the camera but cars etc dont move. My Hardware is not that bad so this should not be the problem. Me and my girlfriend play on the same map, she have older hardware but she experience no lag at all.

One thing i noticed in task manager:
My Hardware:
Ryzen 7 5800h
RTX 3060 mobile

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    834,2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I found out that my savegame is maybe damaged somehow. I loaded a even bigger savegame from steam just to test and there is no lag and no freeze at all. Even tho it has almost 200k population, my own savegame have 80k.

How can i find out what causes the lag in my own savegame? And why it does not lag for my girlfriend when she loads it on her laptop?

Attachments

• Lotterstadt.crp
    18,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For me it happen in multiplayer and singleplayer.

Can you provide a savegame with a very high population as a second test?

Make sure to unsubscribe all workshop. Then go to content manmage3r and savegame, then find your city, then click subscribe all, then enable all. then reboot your machine and retest.

I can post my saved game later this evening.

Run Throttle stopper. On larger cities, it is likely overheating the CPU and making it throttle to a slower speed and causing the lag.

Throttle stopper will limit the speed of your CPU and prevent it from throttling. It may run a little slower, but it will be throttle free and play smoth.

It takes some setting up, but there are any youtube videos on setting it up. Hopefully you can find a video with same specs as you have, or even the same make and model of laptop and you can just hopefully, cut and paste settings and be finished in minutes.

ThrottleStop:

Run Throttle stopper. On larger cities, it is likely overheating the CPU and making it throttle to a slower speed and causing the lag.

Throttle stopper will limit the speed of your CPU and prevent it from throttling. It may run a little slower, but it will be throttle free and play smoth.

It takes some setting up, but there are any youtube videos on setting it up. Hopefully you can find a video with same specs as you have, or even the same make and model of laptop and you can just hopefully, cut and paste settings and be finished in minutes.

ThrottleStop:
I can't use this program because it does not support amd processors in general. But thank you anyway.

Oh, it doesn't? I know there are other versions of this on the internet.

You can try setting power mode to power saving for this game and see if it helps. Power plans are starting to work well for laptops in some cases, other cases may need a throttle stop type app or done through the UEFI BIOS settings.

So yeah one year passed and i still have this issue.

Meanwhile i upgraded my ssd and also my ram to 32 GB.
Please make a new thread in the current forum
as this forum is no longer monitored.

What I will say is this issue seems unique to your setup!