• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nezte

Recruit
Mar 4, 2023
Hello Everyone!

Today, as I was playing, my auto-save feature could not save my game- giving me the following error message: "An error occurred while saving the game. Please try again later."

- As of writing, I have tried everything from restarting my console to installing and reinstalling certain DLCs to fix the issue; however, nothing so far has seemed to work.

- Also, I have seen other reports of this bug- only on next-gen Xbox consoles that are running the remastered version of the game. As such, this is a game-breaking bug that needs to be addressed as the forty dollars I have spent and even more money for the DLCS.

My population was very high, at 211k, and my saved file size was 32.33 Megabytes.

Edit: Grammer

• 1Like
Reactions:
Contact PlayStation or Xbox support (whichever platform you own the game on). If you mention that the game fails to save and you can't progress you'll probably have a better chance at receiving a refund.
The last game I tried this on, they said you have to contact the game devs for approval for Microsoft to rescind and repay the full amount.(Microsoft takes a cut for selling it on their marketplace)

but that was a while ago so it may have changed though I doubt it.

it will be a pain in the butt to get any sort of refund for this I would imagine
But
I’m definitely willing to try if we can get enough of us together saying it.

there’s another post, from April 17th or similar. Posted by a dev saying the problem for this is known and they’ve been “working diligently” to find a fix. lol. I already commented about a refund and some random dude replied all sassy about it. Feel free to join there.

It’s a dev post so likely a better chance to get results!

there’s another post, from April 17th or similar. Posted by a dev saying the problem for this is known and they’ve been “working diligently” to find a fix. lol. I already commented about a refund and some random dude replied all sassy about it. Feel free to join there.

It’s a dev post so likely a better chance to get results!
That isn't a dev post, but a post from a community ambassador. Tantalus develops the console ports but has no communication with the community. They have a Twitter account that hasn't been updated since 2009 and unable to send DMs. Perhaps the only communication they've had with us is through the Xbox Cities: Skylines game club, but nothing has been posted there for years.

Your best option is to contact Xbox support and ask them for a refund. Again, if you mention being unable to save and progress through the game you will have better chances of getting that refund.

Hello Everyone!

Today, as I was playing, my auto-save feature could not save my game- giving me the following error message: "An error occurred while saving the game. Please try again later."

- As of writing, I have tried everything from restarting my console to installing and reinstalling certain DLCs to fix the issue; however, nothing so far has seemed to work.

- Also, I have seen other reports of this bug- only on next-gen Xbox consoles that are running the remastered version of the game. As such, this is a game-breaking bug that needs to be addressed as the forty dollars I have spent and even more money for the DLCS.

My population was very high, at 211k, and my saved file size was 32.33 Megabytes.

Hello have you got a fix yet iv come across the same problem?

Just lost 11 hours of game time due to two things; the game wasn’t able to save and the game crashed.

I loved my city so even though it didn’t save I played and quick resumed a couple if times. Then the game crashed. And everything reset to my last successful save, about a week ago.

The old version never had this issue. I’m quite pissed. This has been an issue for several months, and instead of solving it, you release a new game on PC while delaying the console versions.

I’ve payed FAR above the game price. I have almost every expansion and have gladly paid. This is the first time I regret it at all.

FIX THE BUG YOU LAZY FINNS!!!!

Hey, I've run into this bug also, unable to save on xbox series s. But I did find a temporary fix that worked for me. When I try to save the game and while its showing the saving icon in the top right corner, I press the xbox button and go to the xbox home menu. When I go back into the game and check the game saves, it has done it

Hey, I've run into this bug also, unable to save on xbox series s. But I did find a temporary fix that worked for me. When I try to save the game and while its showing the saving icon in the top right corner, I press the xbox button and go to the xbox home menu. When I go back into the game and check the game saves, it has done it
I found another solution in another thread, disable auto save. Now I can save again, which is great, but I now have to remember doing it. Hopefully it helps you too!

Stopped playing the Remastered version and gone back to the Xbox One version. That works fine on my Xbox Series S so far.

Edit: Tried the Remastered version with AutoSave off as suggested by Chris... all is going well now. I hope it stays that way!

Last edited:
Stopped playing the Remastered version and gone back to the Xbox One version. That works fine on my Xbox Series S so far.

Edit: Tried the Remastered version with AutoSave off as suggested by Chris... all is going well now. I hope it stays that way!
The Remastered version stopped saving and loading again. Saved files are indicated a corrupt. I am ditching this game and moving on. Unfortunately, I am unable to get a refund as 30+ days have expired. What a waste of money!

Just coming to this thread to say that I have the same problem. Very surprised to see that this has been a problem for over a year and still no fix. Playing on Series S, remastered edition. I have 22 tiles enabled with no cheats and my game would not let me save after playing for 20 minutes. Pretty small city (900pop) especially compared to other people in this thread so im not sure why its taking up 16mb limit if thats the issue. I have not tried disabling autosave yet or going to xbox home menu.

Hello Everyone!

Series x. I too have the same problem. My autosave is set for 20 minutes. It will save eventually. It sometimes takes a hour. Not very convenient. Pop 200k +