• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nezte

Recruit
Mar 4, 2023
Hello Everyone!

Today, as I was playing, my auto-save feature could not save my game- giving me the following error message: "An error occurred while saving the game. Please try again later."

- As of writing, I have tried everything from restarting my console to installing and reinstalling certain DLCs to fix the issue; however, nothing so far has seemed to work.

- Also, I have seen other reports of this bug- only on next-gen Xbox consoles that are running the remastered version of the game. As such, this is a game-breaking bug that needs to be addressed as the forty dollars I have spent and even more money for the DLCS.

My population was very high, at 211k, and my saved file size was 32.33 Megabytes.

Edit: Grammer

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello Everyone!

Today, as I was playing, my auto-save feature could not save my game- giving me the following error message: "An error occurred while saving the game. Please try again later."

- As of writing, I have tried everything from restarting my console to installing and reinstalling certain DLCs to fix the issue; however, nothing so far has seemed to work.

- Also, I have seen other reports of this bug- only on next-gen Xbox consoles that are running the remastered version of the game. As such, this is a game-breaking bug that needs to be addressed as the forty dollars I have spent and even more money for the DLCS.

My population was very high, at 211k, and my saved file size was 32.33 Megabytes.

I have the same problem and also followed the same troubleshooting steps. Is yours limited to the auto-save feature or saving in any capacity is just not possible?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I too am having the same issues and tried everything. I am having issue saving in any capacity and nothing seems to work. I’ve reached out to paradox and they just said to post on here as others are having same issues and hopefully it will get sorted soon. So not really sure what is going on as they weren’t much help or if this issue is being resolved as seems like a bug fix that needs to take place!

We are aware of it and are investigating.
What would be helpful would be the following

• Were any cheats used such as Unlock all, or 25 tiles?
  • Was Quick resume enabled? (specifically this one)
  • Was it a base game map or a custom one?
  • Which console are you playing on?
  • Save game size

• 1Like
Reactions:
Somos conscientes de ello y estamos investigando.
Lo que seria util seria lo siguiente

• ¿Se usaron trucos como Desbloquear todo o 25 fichas?
  • We are aware of it and are investigating.

• Save game size

• Only 25 tiles
  • No, manual save
  • base game map
  • xbox serie s and xbox serie x / game size over 16 mb.

We are aware of it and are investigating.

• Save game size

thank you for looking into this. I’ve encountered the save error on two cities.
-cheats: 25 tiles, unlimited money, unlimited oil & ore, unlimited soil. (Both cities).
-quick resume enabled. (Both cities).
-base map. Diamond coast (1st) & Two Rivers (2nd).
-Xbox series x (both games).
-1st game: 16.35mb. 2nd game: 16.04mb.

I ran into the same problems on my Xbox series X. The problem first arose when I was playing on a standard map without cheats and a pop of 161K. Multiple times I’ve restarted the game, Xbox, loaded save files, etc. I suppose it has to do with the size of your city, however, I haven’t fully built the map yet.

Welcome to the club bro. Been 2 months and it still isn’t fixed, I’ve made a post myself weeks ago, along with about 25 others. but they fixed PC’s audio but so the rain sounds less mushy!! And the parking lot glitch! :/ this glitch is very game breaking and is making me reconsider waiting to buy CS2 in case this happens again and I simply can’t play for months

unfortunatley console players are typically left on the back burner for many other games besides this too.

Hello Everyone!

Same here, xbox series x, remastered version, 16mb size, no cheats activated and still no autosave or manual save possible.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’ve found the root of the issue. Problems arose when the population hit 160K. I’ve loaded the save file and wasn’t able to save, however, when I destroyed a part of my city and pop was below 150K the file was able to save again. So it has to do with a certain size of the city.

I’ve found the root of the issue. Problems arose when the population hit 160K. I’ve loaded the save file and wasn’t able to save, however, when I destroyed a part of my city and pop was below 150K the file was able to save again. So it has to do with a certain size of the city.
I think it is not related to the population. I have 110k and couldn't save. The problem started when the save file was more than 16,2 MB.

This is completely wrong disregard it.

my city has ~300k but caps at the 16MB save just like everyone else.

all you did was delete enough MB to save before you hit the same MB wall again.

this problem has been going on 2.5 months and they don’t seem to give a shit so I gave up.

as of right now, a lot of people aren’t buying CS2 if we’re always going to be last call for fixes on console. Myself included most likely.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, i have the same problem:

Xbox Series X
cheats: 25 tiles, unlimited oil & ore, unlimited soil.
-quick resume enabled
-custom map
-file size ~15.96 MB
-the City has a size of 200 k

The saving problem arrives after a Tsunami hits the City.

Days before that, the game often crashed

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, i have the same problem:

Xbox Series X
cheats: 25 tiles, unlimited oil & ore, unlimited soil.
-quick resume enabled
-custom map
-file size ~15.96 MB
-the City has a size of 200 k

The saving problem arrives after a Tsunami hits the City.

Days before that, the game often crashed
The tsunami isn’t the issue it’s the game. People on Xbox, and some PS(supposedly not confirmed) have a serious saving issue when your file reaches ~16MB.

This has been a known issue since the remastered release

~3 months ago. For the first time they acknowledged the issue last Monday saying a fix is still weeks out, if possible.

many of us aren’t buying CS2 until it’s been out for a while(months if at all) because as Xbox players we are last call for bug fixes. Small or game breaking we are on the back burner. I likely won’t be buying anything from them again if this is how I’m treated after spending lots on this game+DLC+remastered rebuy+series x to get 25 tiles

they said they have a temporary workaround. To delete most housing and dezone. However this “fix” requires you to destroy your city so I haven’t even bothered.