• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, the mod now works with 1.3 and I have taken some of the suggestions here like tweaking the Empire's starting units and techs.
Changelog so far:

- Mod now compatible with 1.3 RC2
- Changed name of Turkey to Republic of Anatolia, also changed flag.
- Removed RL Greek kings from minister list
- New events:
* Ascension of the new Ecumenical Patriarch, Benjamin I, in 1936.
* Coronation events for the Theodora and Constantinos, with information about their personalities and histories. Did the same for Manuel XVI.
* Events that describe the Empire's history so far.
* Greek coups should work now, they come as they come in vanilla.
- Gave the Empire a HQ, removed Delay tech, and gave them Marine techs, and better planes (thanks DarkArk!).

Besides the above, I plan the following:

- Create new unit, the Varaingian Guard.
- Find a way to increase the Empire's IC
- Do changes to Republic of Anatolia's minister setup. Change Kemal Ataturk's and Ismet Inonu's names as they both refer to things that didn't happen in this timeline.
- More flavor events to describe the Empire's history so far.

I think I should incorporate in this mod my Byzantine alternate history, which I have been developing for a year. It's mostly same as this one except with a much less glorious and wanky backstory. In the timeline Manuel and Constantinos are assassinated in 1922 leaving Theodora (born 1920) in heavily fascist-leaning regency, which draws the Empire into Axis. But in this mod I want to give the player some choice here so in this timeline Manuel dies of natural causes in 1936 as before and I put Theodora to be born earlier (in this timeline she was born in 1904, two years after Manuel took the throne, making her 32 in 1936, more than capable of ruling in her own right).

Last edited:
Wait is this available for download yet or are you just announcing what you've accomplished so far?

New version released! Changelog:

- Mod now compatible with 1.3 RC2
- Changed name of Turkey to Republic of Anatolia, also changed flag.
- Changed the names of Kemal Ataturk and Ismet Inonu to ones that fit this verse.
- Theodora is now Theodora II
- New events:
* Ascension of the new Ecumenical Patriarch, Benjamin I, in 1936.
* Coronation events for the Theodora and Constantinos, with information about their personalities and histories. Did the same for Manuel XVI.
* Events that describe the Empire's history so far.
* Confrontation with Italy when they come for Albania
* Greek coups removed. Instead, you can now appoint either a Social Conservative or Paternal Autocrat government in 1936.
- Changed starting setup
* Removed Delay tech from the Empire, gave it Marine techs.
* More starting IC, and removed the event that did the same.
* Gave the Empire a HQ and better aircraft.
* Increased the skills of the Empire's leaders (2 point increase for each)
- Included SKIF icons in bulk download.
- Something else, I think?

Download 1.4 here!

For next version, I will mostly focus on writing flavor events for 1937-1940. I will also finally see that Italian Surrender cedes South Italy and Sicily (if unoccupied by Allies) to Roman Empire.
I decided to leave the Varaingian Guard out for now since I have no unit icons for them.

Last edited:
Nope, it says download limit for this file has been reached (at least for the 1.03rc version one).

managed to download it,will play later though i played it for 10 minutes and had a ctd deploying torpedo attachments
I'll take a look into that. Were you deploying torpedoes on the ships you start with? I hadn't taken a look on them so they may be broken with 1.3.
Is there a way for you to make it a single file?
It is. Just download 1.4 version, and that's all you need to download.
When installing this mod copy and past your Darkest Hour Full folder (the one in Darkest Hour/mods) and rename it something like Byzantium 1.4. Then apply the files you downloaded to that folder and overwrite everything.

It is. Just download 1.4 version, and that's all you need to download.
When installing this mod copy and past your Darkest Hour Full folder (the one in Darkest Hour/mods) and rename it something like Byzantium 1.4. Then apply the files you downloaded to that folder and overwrite everything.

Is it possible to email the files? I can provide an address, and I have not been able to access it through Mediafire.

Is it possible to email the files? I can provide an address, and I have not been able to access it through Mediafire.
Yeah, sure.
Mediafire has been a lot of problem for many mod authors lately. I've tried to focus on finding a new place but my studies keep my thoughts away (had a 12 hour day today :()

Yeah, sure.
Mediafire has been a lot of problem for many mod authors lately. I've tried to focus on finding a new place but my studies keep my thoughts away (had a 12 hour day today :()

jamesrobertmclaughlin@yahoo.com

That should work.

I have one of the earlier versions already, and I have to say it was rather well-done. So far have only taken the Axis path though.