• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wrong flag

Just a note - the flag of Montenegro is wrong (incorrect). The flag used was only made up in the 21st century.

This is the flag for the post-1905 period:

Flag_of_Montenegro_(1941-1944).svg

And this is from the pre-1905 period:

Old_Flag_of_Montenegro.png

Yugoslavian said:
Just a note - the flag of Montenegro is wrong (incorrect). The flag used was only made up in the 21st century.

This is the flag for the post-1905 period:

Flag_of_Montenegro_(1941-1944).svg

And this is from the pre-1905 period:

Old_Flag_of_Montenegro.png

Can you post this in the Grand Flag request thread and ask somebody to convert it into flag files? The 1914 mod is woefully short of graphics artists.

Playing the 1914 scenario as Serbia, I notice that the mobilisation event fails to fire.

Playing as the Russians, the list for division names is awfully short. if you start building divisions, they get named "1st infantry division" instead of the "Pekhnotaya divizija(or something like that)". If the fixing of this problem is as easy as I think, I could continue the list on all the different unit types.

Last edited:
kuninobu said:
However, the music does not play, but it does in my unmodified Doomsday.. Checked the setting for 1914, music is on, full volume, the playlists look alright and the files are in the right folders?
I am having the same problem, but only on my laptop.

I installed the mod the same way I did on my PC, but for some reason, the music works on the PC, but it doesn't work on the laptop. The sound effects work fine though.

I checked the same things you did and they all work in media player.

Tried deleting and copying the music folder from my computer's 1914 mod and it still doesn't work.

So on the PC, music works fine in vanilla and all mods.
On laptop, works fine in vanilla, mod33, but not in 1914 mod.

I can't figure it out.

Bigh RI Joe said:
I'm playing this Mod as Germany. I am getting a consistant CTD on or about February 1919

Must be a peace event. I'll have to look into it. Is WWI over yet?

Someone else might be able to help more, I, would only know of a traditional peace to WWI. PM any of the other modders.

playing the armageddon addition in the 1897 scenario and is it normal dat portugal has the flag of north korea and the austro hungarian flag not present?

h.r.e. said:
playing the armageddon addition in the 1897 scenario and is it normal dat portugal has the flag of north korea and the austro hungarian flag not present?
You've got the wrong flag folder loaded - PRK is North Korea in HoI2 and Portuguese Empire in 1914.

ok, first i gotta say: great mod! it has really got this historical touch i was hoping for..

seconds, i tried to read until i found the issues discussed wich i found in the mod, but honestly, i'm too tired ^^" so sorry if i repeat sth here.

i am playing the ottoman empire in the 1914 scenario and i found some more or less unnerving things:

first, after the event "build berlin-baghdad-rail" (or so..) fired, and i saved, then loaded the game again (some game-months later) it triggered again, although i already had the benefits from it. that time it just didnt add another 10% infrastructure, but still gave me 5000 supply - what i was very thankful for ;)
also the "paper-sheet" showing the effects and so on, popped up double time.
i think this was around 1915, now i'm in mid 1916 and it didn't happen anymore. also it was the only event i saw fire multiple times.

then there is my really annoying problem of my really very friendly allies, who like to lend me big portions of their armies...so that i can fight their wars and supply their units - just that i don't want it!
this happened first when i went to war against serbia (before that i established a land route by partially conquering bulgaria and then demanding most of their land for peace :D so that i shared borders with them.
after germany and the hungarians send me altogether like 40 divisions (wich my poor industry couldn't really handle) i tried to give them back, but they kept lending...
strained by the draw on supplies, my wars went a bit worse and so i tried to make peace with serbia (also demanding three provinces) and they accepted! next day, obviously disappointed, my allies took back all their units and left me alone.
now hungary conquered serbia, i have shared borders with my allies and again they are spamming me with their f**ckin' units :mad:
can you tell me how to stop that? i can't get out of the alliance...is there some file i could change so that they wont try to lend me units?

anyway, as long as it is playable, this mod is much fun! i really apreciate your work you're doing there..
cheers :cool:

I have a problem with the new war victory/defeat system. I'm playing as Germany, I wiped out the Allies quickly due to Britain never entering the war. it's now 1919 and I decide to Declare war on Britain, when I do it instantly triggers the Britain defeated event. This happens to every Allies/ potential allies nation you declare war on after a CP victory.

Kind of takes the fun out of it when you can declare war upon the U.S. after a WW1 CP victory and instantly get the "U.S. surrenders event" and a bunch of their territories...

Neoman said:
I have a problem with the new war victory/defeat system. I'm playing as Germany, I wiped out the Allies quickly due to Britain never entering the war. it's now 1919 and I decide to Declare war on Britain, when I do it instantly triggers the Britain defeated event. This happens to every Allies/ potential allies nation you declare war on after a CP victory.

Kind of takes the fun out of it when you can declare war upon the U.S. after a WW1 CP victory and instantly get the "U.S. surrenders event" and a bunch of their territories...
There are a few bugs like this I'm afraid. It is often the case that if you play as Britain (as I usually do) and DoW on Germany ahistorically a load of peace events fire in the midst of war. :eek:o

ok, i've found a way to stop them from spamming me with expedition forces.
but now there's one more thing:

(especially) the germans are quite unable to fight the war properly. before i was able to take command over italian army and intervene in germany, most of the country has been occupied by russian forces, reaching from berlin to wilhelmshaven.
at that state no further movement of borders or even troops. it was all stable.
then i took one big army from italy (around 14 div) to see what i can do and i easily took dresden, then stettin cutting of a major part of russian forces. from then on it was even easier...
the "ESE" and dissent values were pretty bad for the russians so i wonder why the germans didn't take any action?

now, with the germans still being very passive, using the italians, i reclaimed germanys main parts and expanded up to poland and almost to st. petersburg.
but still the germans dont attack the devastated russian armies, they just move their divisions to provinces i conquer for them...
AND THE WORST THING: they withdraw huge parts of their western front-armies, leaving western germany almost unprotected! :confused:
i've already messed around with the savegame- and ai-files but that doesn't seem to really work.

do you know which values in which files i have to change? maybe that's connected to war weariness or this recklessness-modifier..but i don't know and also i already modified them...

mandead said:
There are a few bugs like this I'm afraid. It is often the case that if you play as Britain (as I usually do) and DoW on Germany ahistorically a load of peace events fire in the midst of war. :eek:o

is there a way to fix it though? like is it going to be worked on?