• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tell me where and how I can fix the following error I get:

--- ERROR: (Illegal model 9 for Airships) 'transport_plane = {' line = 132833 file = scenarios\save games\Germany_December25.eug ---

what does it mean by Illegal model 9 for airships? is this something not implemented yet thats causing the crash?

im currently running .43

and im having an issue opening the 1987 scenario. it was working this morning just fine. but now it says that it can not locate the directory /scenarios/1987/vp.inc i looked in the scenarios folder and nothing is changed in there... the 1987 scenario folder is still there... so is something else changed? if so where do i go to change it? its easier for me to edit files than to download (dont know why)

09camaro said:
im currently running .43

and im having an issue opening the 1987 scenario. it was working this morning just fine. but now it says that it can not locate the directory /scenarios/1987/vp.inc i looked in the scenarios folder and nothing is changed in there... the 1987 scenario folder is still there... so is something else changed? if so where do i go to change it? its easier for me to edit files than to download (dont know why)

Does the 1897 folder contain a vp.inc file?

09camaro said:
yes... i think the problem is from another file... the one that loads the scenarios.
but i distinctly remember that it worked this morning.

Try reinstalling the 0.43 patch only, just expand it over your installation.

AND before you do that, look at the change dates of all files, look for files modified July 28 or July 29.

i would... but i can't redownload it...
im not sure why...whats the file that opens the scenarios? all the last edit dates are from when i downloaded it, which was this morning, the 28th here

09camaro said:
i would... but i can't redownload it...
im not sure why...whats the file that opens the scenarios? all the last edit dates are from when i downloaded it, which was this morning, the 28th here

The scenario is opened by 1897.eug which is in the scenarios folder.

Since you misspelled the scenario 1987 above, is there any chance that you changed directory names to 1987? (long shot, but possible).

Can you load the other scenarios?
When the error message opens, choose ignore and wait for more error messages and report back.
When you downloaded the files, did you save the .rar files? How did you install? Are you sure that you do not have a DD / HOI2 mixup?

Tegetthoff said:
The scenario is opened by 1897.eug which is in the scenarios folder.

Since you misspelled the scenario 1987 above, is there any chance that you changed directory names to 1987? (long shot, but possible).

Can you load the other scenarios?
When the error message opens, choose ignore and wait for more error messages and report back.
When you downloaded the files, did you save the .rar files? How did you install? Are you sure that you do not have a DD / HOI2 mixup?
i'll take a look. i don't remember changing the directory.
no matter what option i choose, the game closes.
my computer never saves the files after it downloads them. it opens them the one time, and afterward i have to re-download it.
im pretty sure i downloaded the DD version, which is the original that i have.

i downloaded V-4.3 and now i can't reload any of my saved games..

09camaro said:
i'll take a look. i don't remember changing the directory.
no matter what option i choose, the game closes.
my computer never saves the files after it downloads them. it opens them the one time, and afterward i have to re-download it.
im pretty sure i downloaded the DD version, which is the original that i have.

i found the problem.
i went to look through the folder...
and the scenario folder was edited at some point... idk who or when or how.
but it wasn't there but was in a different directory... i made a quick tweak and fixed it.

J the STUD said:
i downloaded V-4.3 and now i can't reload any of my saved games..

You are trying to reload 0.42 games? Too many changes, new tech ids, new leader and minister IDs, new events, flags, ...

If you were able to load 0.42 games, you would probably get strange event triggers etc.

0.43 represents half a year of work, so you would have a right to be disappointed if you WERE able to reload saved games.

Cheers

T.

I am playing v0.43 with Arma 1.2

It's probably more of a problem with my computer, but for some reason the game crashes when certain music audio track is supposed to load and play. First I though it was something else, but the game kept on crashing randomly, even when the time was paused. I removed the music folder and the game works fine now.

Does anybody else have this problem? (I am really sorry if it was discussed earlier)

There are several text-files inside your music-directory. Open it and check if you have all songs listened there inside your music direcotry.

Looking over the bug reports of the last week, the actual bugs in 0.43 seem to be minor (Fengtien Clique etc.).

How about issuing a service pack or a 0.431 patch to have a working version while we dream about larger things?

Yesterday, I was playing 0.43 over LAN with an old friend who showed up. We have contested each other in some battle scenarios and may confirm that the game was running stable for as long as we played.

Unfortunately, the US-Spanish war scenario still has not been fixed and is still unplayable. I suppose that this might be caused by Spain not being at war with Britain.

I have also noticed that Germany's diplomatic sliders are still showing MA ideology. I thought it was agreed upon to move them towards democracy. Did I miss something or did just nobody care about doing it?

@v.Manstein:
How far have you come about writing a program to automatically reallocate province VPs? If it proves to be too difficult or you do not find time to do it, I will do it by hand according to the general ideas we have collected. However, a programm would be much more convenient and we would not have to start all over again incase we want to change the formula.

I guess we have to wait for the new map to be finished (is anyone still working on it?). Then we can start distributing resources and VPs for 0.5. At last we will have to rewrite or change events accordingly to incorporate the changes made.

@mandead:
How about the Turkish Civil war scenario, are you still into that? Is anyone else interested in that and has experience in creating battle scenarios (I have none)? I hope that this gets done at some point, the global scenerios are also missing an event chain that simulates the civil war.

@Tegetthoff and anyone else out there:
Who feels responsible for redesigning infantry models/infantry tech tree for 0.5? I might help in balancing and adjusting figures and giving some general input but I certainly can not do it on my own. I am not at all into tech modding and can not do graphics stuff either.

v0.43, Arma 1.2:

descriptions of some events for Germany are missing in the 1911 scenario (Panthersprung event and some others) - unknown string wanted or something like that.