• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Helmold said:
I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been mentioned. Playing as Germany in the 1914 scenario, version 0.42. My alliance with Japan screwed up the outbreak of the war (it caused the end of the Russo-Japanese war event to fire). So I manually declared war on France and invaded through Belgium and Luxemburg (after the Schlieffen Plan event). But - and I don't know why - I can't enter France! I had no problem at all moving into Luxemburg or Belgium, but as soon as I click onto a French province trying to move my boys in, the little 'you can't go here' red cross appears. According to the map, there are links between the provinces, so I'm extremely confused! It's now August 16th.

EDIT: I can't do amphibious assaults into France either, but maybe that's a tech thing?

I have no idea how to fix that bug, but i do know i have experienced the same problem(or a similar one) with Greece(fighting Ottomans), and as the Ottomans, invading France. both times i could eventually move to the target area, but its annoying while it lasts, as for the amphib stuff, that i think is indeed tech related

Hello,

I don't know if its incredible piece of luck of not (I left the Central Powers Alliance) playing as Austria-Hungary invaded Romania, then Serbia, Bulgaria and Ottoman Empire for the first time. Setup puppet governments in Serbia and Bulgaria. Then got most of Macedonia and Northern Greece (occupied by the Ottomans). After getting control of Montenegro I smashed them with 45 divisions against 2 divisions, well anyway... I declared war on the Ottoman Empire smashing my way through Turkey proper and down into the Middle East. I finished them off in like 1.5 game years. (11-2-1912 to around August 1913).

I started off with the 1897 scenario. I have techs for 1917 infantry and have the advanced gas tech as well.

So being a "little" belligerent, why has the following have/have not happened?

1. My attack on Instanbul, I had to hit them with 65-70 divisions... What was the defences really like for the enemy going into Instanbul from the west? I know in 1915 the Gallipoli campaign was to do the extact thing and ended in disaster..

and.

2. I find it incredibly impossible to conquer the whole Ottoman Empire in under 2 years?

3. Why, this still has got be baffled that no country has declared war on me yet (in December 1913 now)? Like I have a 45 belligerent score? I have +194 relations with Britain, +65 relations with Russia, +90 relations with Germany. Although I noticed Germany slowly building up against my border... I am a little protective of my empire now...

@ 3.
I agree that there should be independence guarantees for the Balkan countries to keep players from conquering them out of the blue. Even the time span from 1/1/1914 to 8/1/1914 is enough to rush through Romania, Bulgaria, Greece and Montenegro and annex them or make them puppet countries, which is not quite realistic.

I propose the following guarantees, which we could even realise in 0.43 on short notice:
Montenegrin independence guaranteed by Russia;
Romanian independence guaranteed by Russia, Austria and France ;
Bulgarian and Greek independence guaranteed by Russia, Austria and Britain ;
Albanian independence guaranteed by all great powers and Italy and
Turkish independence guaranteed by France, Germany and Britain. (Maybe let the British and French guarantee end, when they decide that Cairo is more important, the German guarantee is already implemented into events about leaning towards the Ottoman Empire)

They should last for about 10 years from 1914 on, similar guarantees should be active in 1987 and last for 25 years, yet in a way that keeps the great powers from interferring into the Balkan wars and other regional conflicts and event driven wars. If a country loses an unhistoric war (Fashoda crisis, Britain and Germany taking part in the US-Spanish war...) their guarantees to others should be cancelled.

Hello,

Firstly I have been playing the 1914 Mod and I would like to make the following comments if I may?

1) I suggest that the gas techs can be researched but you cannot produce any gas brigades until January 1915 (remained locked, not sure if you can do this) . This will keep this historical, because in January 1915, Gas was first used by the Germans against the Russians in Poland.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_Warfare#World_War_I

2) I was playing the Balkan War scenario and the Ottoman Empire "Agreed to Peace Offer" and the scenario kept on going.

3) The Bavaria scenario did not work. Have a critical error on it.

4) When playing as Austria-Hungary when Pioneer of the Air event triggers I had about 30 event boxes displayed all at once.

5) The Western Front should be tweaked abit. In 1917, the division strength and morale should be low, so when they fight each other it still is a stalemate. When I play as Germany, French Divisons easily over-run the positions. Western Front should remain "neutral" to speak until an event trigger "The Monash Idea". This is where Allies will be able to advance
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Monash#Commander_of_the_Australian_Corps

6) As an Australian, I loathe that we are still a "British Empire National Province". Can there be an event trigger "Australia federates!" January 1, 1901. Though the British Empire can control our military. Also the nation's capital should be Melbourne until 1927, then changed to Canberra.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

sptucker26 said:
Hello,

Firstly I have been playing the 1914 Mod and I would like to make the following comments if I may?

1) I suggest that the gas techs can be researched but you cannot produce any gas brigades until January 1915 (remained locked, not sure if you can do this) . This will keep this historical, because in January 1915, Gas was first used by the Germans against the Russians in Poland.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_Warfare#World_War_I

2) I was playing the Balkan War scenario and the Ottoman Empire "Agreed to Peace Offer" and the scenario kept on going.

1) Although we want to keep technological development in realistic boundaries (some called for nukes and bomber squadrons in WWI) it is an intended feature to allow the player to make better-than-historic decisions to turn the tide of the war in his favor.

Otherwise we might just grey out the technology field and make techs available by events. Yet we like the ability to develop tanks or airplanes somewhat earlier and put emphasis on certain aspects and see how choosing a different option could affect the course of history. Could the war in the west be won in 40 days if they had employed gas?

2) The Balkan wars are two succeeding wars in one scenario. Several months after the Ottoman defeat, Bulgaria turns against its former allies in dispute about the division of the conquered territories. See for yourself!

With the balkan event, There was an event to cede provinces, can't remember much about it, but if you refused you "could" go to war against Bulgaria. I selected not to go to war, should the scenario end there?

I know the balkan events very well as some of them are my work. Can you post your history.txt file so that I can see which events fired and which not?

I just downloaded and installed the mod, and everytime I click on anything to do with the "Spy" button (send mainly) the game crashes.

Augustus244 said:
I just downloaded and installed the mod, and everytime I click on anything to do with the "Spy" button (send mainly) the game crashes.

That´s a well known issue and nobody has the slightest idea how to fix it. Sorry .... we have been busting our heads around that problem for a long time.

Cheers,

T.

Jushu said:
I'd rather describe this as a bug rather than an error. Super Heavy Battleship (BB-8) doesn't have a model. It's just a beige cross on black background.

I already reported that. I copied my own picture into the folder. Anyway, I think the SH battleships are way too strong.

Hi everybody, I downloaded 1914 a couple of weeks ago and I found it great, its a really fun game to play, but i can't seem to fix a couple of glitches. Regardless of which country or scenario I play, i can't get my units to perform certain actions. My planes can't fly other than to rebase and I can't convoy raid with any sea unit, those options simply don't show up on the action menu.

Can you help me?

Much Appreciated.

Nope, i'm afraid I have, though only the basic ones when it comes to air doctrines; Powered flight (which should enable air superiority), Air Classification (which should enable both naval strike and ground attack) and the other two that increase morale and reduce building time. As far as convoy raiding, i have a decent fleet (playing as Germany since 1897), have researched Wartime Submarine Doctrine but am unable to perform convoy raiding missions.

yavkin said:
Nope, i'm afraid I have, though only the basic ones when it comes to air doctrines; Powered flight (which should enable air superiority), Air Classification (which should enable both naval strike and ground attack) and the other two that increase morale and reduce building time. As far as convoy raiding, i have a decent fleet (playing as Germany since 1897), have researched Wartime Submarine Doctrine but am unable to perform convoy raiding missions.

With Air, you need suitable aircraft for air superiority missions. Subs have never been fully implemented.

not visible fonts

Hello to all,

yesterday i dowlaoaded this great mod. Installed as v. Manstein wrote in first post.
And started it this morning,
I have a poblem that i couldnt see fonts. In screen where i can choose country there is no description of any.

best regards,
p47

Seems that you have missed the step for non-english players. You must open your settings.cfg-file and change the first number (language) from whatever to zero (english) because 1914 is avalable in english language only. Save your changes and everything should be fine.