• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mezzo said:
What about the sprites Theres no sprites modern day military dont carry axes!
I don't think anyone has made or, probably, will make or convert modern sprites. The best you can easily do is to go into land.csv and change all the sprites to the level 3 sprites.
Code:
1;1429;0;0;0;50;400;450;1.5;1.60;0;0;Late Medieval (1);
Change the next to last zero to a 3:
Code:
1;1429;0;0;0;50;400;450;1.5;1.60;3;0;Late Medieval (1);
Then repeat on every line, including the "0" line. All armies will then look Napoleonic, which is at least better than Middle Ages. :D

It is a bit of work, but worth it IMO.

I'm not sure here's the thread where i should post it, but i noticed soe things wrong with Spain:

- The scenery is 1991, right? Then, how's it Spain has the flag it had in the dictatorship (1939-1975)? The modern day flag has a different shield in the middle:

http://www.fuenterrebollo.com/Republica/banderas-espana/1981-2001.gif

- The culture "basque" should be considered as well as catalonian and galician a state culture, and the basque culture province would be Cantabria in the modern days, not Navarra at all; move the basque culture from Navarra to Cantabria and set basque as a country culture.

- The DP sliders shoulded be 2 steps more towards decentralization, 4 steps more towards free speech, it's more realistic.

- Cantabria (in this game catabria would be in asturias, and euskady in cantabria) should have 1 naval manu; If you go there and visit it you'll see there are 2 different things there: Black factories and green fields... It's a very industrialized land.

- Some population changes based on the pop in Paris, London and New York, (to make it proportional) and in the minimum of 10.000:

Valencia, from 10.000 to 100.000
Madrid, from 100.000 to 280.000
Catalonia, from 100.000 to 190.000
Andalusia, from 100.000 to 90.000
Gerona, Asturias, Galicia and Murica, from 10.000 to 15.000
Cantabria, from 10.000 to 20.000 (these last 2 aren't so proportional, but makes a difference)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gibraltar, from 100.000 to 10.000 (btw, Gibraltar doesn't have even 10.000 in the reality, so, 100.000?

- If you release Euskadi, it should get only Cantabria; Navarra is a completely different land... Also, add Catalonia (Gerona & Catalonia) as a possible protectorate to release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i can, i'll send some importants events for Spain... I hope to have been helpful. :) ;)

Edited: Also change city name in Leon from Salamanca to "Valladolid", it's the capital and a much more populated and important city. The capital in the Canary islands too is "Gran Canaria", it's not named in your mod.

Last edited:
- If you release Euskadi, it should get only Cantabria; Navarra is a completely different land... Also, add Catalonia (Gerona & Catalonia) as a possible protectorate to release.

The EU2 map is very bad here (maybe we should make our own for this porject?) since Euskadi also claims some southern French land, and this cantabria is bad, since it isn't connected with france in any way in the game. Therefore, Navarra is better suited for Euskadi (and Bearn in France) since then we would get Euskadi roughly correct geographically, and also it would have connection to France.

Don_Quijote said:
The capital in the Canary islands too is "Gran Canaria", it's not named in your mod.

Gran Canaria is an island, it should be "Santa Cruz de Tenerife" or just Santa Cruz, which is the capital of Tenerife, the largest of the islands.

Dalosein,
Because you killed it. Make an interface and I will release the final version with some events, hanging flags, and 12Apr stuff.

My thoughts n' problems.

1) The unlimited time patch didn't work for my EU2 1.8. I had to download a newer version of the unlimited time patch.
2) The game crashes frequently. I have yet to finish a single year in the game.
3) For some reason, China doesn't seem to be able to build ships at the start of the game.
4) No armies? At all? I built my own army of course, but the lack of a starting military force was weird.
5) The sudden flood of new nations that happens very early in the game seems to be a crash-kickstarter.

Just pointing this out. =)

Edit:

I just checked the last-post dates. Is this mod dead? D:

Last edited:
British Patriot said:
as soon as i begin, it always switchs to January 1820 and just Freezes at that date so i cant build anything
Do you have the No Time Limit Patch?

Tried pausing and unpausing?

Ok, here's my problem. To my knowledge, I have the latest patch for EUII, and downloaded all the MDS files. However, after extracting them, my EUII file crashes halfway through the initial loading phase (before it prompts for single/multiplayer etc).

Whats the problem?

Salty :)

salty said:
Ok, here's my problem. To my knowledge, I have the latest patch for EUII, and downloaded all the MDS files. However, after extracting them, my EUII file crashes halfway through the initial loading phase (before it prompts for single/multiplayer etc).

Whats the problem?

Salty :)
Try replacing MDS's adjacent.tbl (in the Map folder) with the original one. That worked for me...