• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Lord of Europe
Here's two bugs i encountered.
1# I dont know if this is a bug but rebels seem to have an enormous technology advantage or somethig, making the very hard to beat.
2# On a game with Burkina Faso it didn't went well, the rebels took over my 2province coubtry, but the goverment was never broken or something, so i didnt get these pesky rebels off my country, after a couple of years my second province joined some other nation while my capital stayed under rebel flag for about 10 years.
1# This has to do with the start date. I hope we can fix it in the future (or have we allready fixed it? I dont know)
2#Strange. Are you sure there isnt another province that the rebels dont controll?

I encountered something strange scrolling through the revolt file. It's about these 3 entries:

FPR = {
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1559 }
expirydate = { day = 31 month = december year = 2200 }
minimum = { 282 }
extra = { }
capital = 282
group = latin
ai = "FSoviet.ai"
}
LAT = {
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1559 }
minimum = { 45 46 51 }
extra = { }
capital = 45
group = latin
}
LAT = {
revolt = no
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
minimum = { 282 }
extra = { }
capital = 282
group = latin
ai = "FSoviet.ai"
}

The LAT tag is used twice and Latvia (province 282) is taken into account twice. Maybe some of the TAG bookkeepers can take a look into this.

The FPR tag from the first entry belongs to the second entry, I believe this is some kind of idependent Louisiana. So the first entry can go but the second needs it's tag changed (to FPR).

When I was looking thru the Text file I saw norwegian was spelled wrong. It's spelled Norwegian.

I also saw that "monarch" was replaced by "president". It shouldn't be, a President don't lead armies. We should have "minister of defense" (too long?) or something like that then...

Do any of you have some (design) documentation on the cultures you use for the MDS? I'm working on some files but I'm quite clueless as to what changes in cultures have been adopted. It's particulary the African cultures/languages I'm unknown with.

-i dont see any cities on the map, did i do something wrong or is this some sort of bug?
-various countries around europe began building TC's somewhere halfway 1991 when they got infra 1 while the Netherlands (country i played) already had all those infrastructure thingies at start

(I'm using a beta.. so maybe i missed country inheritances or something.. thought thats unlikely for Jylland)

Originally posted by ForzaA
-i dont see any cities on the map, did i do something wrong or is this some sort of bug?
-various countries around europe began building TC's somewhere halfway 1991 when they got infra 1 while the Netherlands (country i played) already had all those infrastructure thingies at start

(I'm using a beta.. so maybe i missed country inheritances or something.. thought thats unlikely for Jylland)
This is just how it suppose to be. I dont know why actually :D

This has probably something to do with that all countries begin with 0 ducats.

and a (likely) bug: hovering the mouse over a nations shield in CoTs (to normally see their income) causes immediate CtD

When playing MDS using version 1.7 with all of the beta patches i noticed that there are a few problems:

1) Being that back in 1.5 they didn't have the features in CoT manipulation that they do now, the game will CTD every time you hover over someone's shield as you view them in a CoT.

2) The presidental election events in the United States don't actually make them the president (vote clinton and it says *james madison is now the leader of your country* etc)

3) UNKNOWN STRING WANTED pops up in a few places.

4) the countries really do need to have starting levels of cash and troops, just makes sense.

5) no city animations (not really a bug it was intentional but should have at least originals to put in place until new ones are completed)

all in all it's good, just needs adjustments, bug fixes, and more events.

City animations will come when some people knows how to make some, or they have time to it, or whatever.:p I've never seen any but Paradox animations thus far...:(

Bug

I actually edited the mds scenario itself quite a bit, fixing alot of things to my preference (the forms of government, and some countries). Well i'm not sure I was supposed to do that because now when I go to play the edited scenario...it crashes when working with diplomacy, I do not understand this at all. Could it also because I added two countries; Hong Kong and Macua?(yes I know in reality they are two special regions part of China).

Wassup

Hello. This is my first post. I have some suggestions for MDS.

MAKE OIL A RESOURCE and get rid of slavery (well of course you were going to get rid of slavery, obviously) . You should also consider replacing some current resources, like clothing. Or at least redistribute them.
(These are only suggestions, as a mod maker I understand the time required to make a mod).

You should make some triggers that make war detrimental to the country's economy. Like a trigger that would ruin the stability of the USA if it declared war on let's say canada.

Maybe you could also add some options to use nukes . . . Like if the USA goes to war with a major power, they would have said option to launch some and it would signifigantly lower the target countries stability and the overall worth of their provinces (or possibly destroy their military). An interesting drawback would be that it destroys COTs and ruins relationships with other countries.

I think you should get rid of the anarchy government. And whenever a government (or certain types of government, like communism) expands it's borders, all provinces should "convert" to the state government.

Slow down the army a little, too. They move way too fast.

I wouldn't recommend making a european union in the form of a suzerain. Some countries would want to ally themselves with the US or Russia and not the other members (like spain and france, for example). Instead, make it a non-aggression pact, give decent relations and trade agreements (if possible), as well as military access (that renew every X years).

You guys are going to have alot of problems trying to make each government types have different attributes when it comes to technology and economy. For instance, former communist Russia is in shambles economically, while China is prospering.

You should get rid of the distinctions between governments and make it simple. "This country is capitalist, this country is communist, and this is a dictatorship, etc . . .". I understand the concept of making some republics and other social democratic, but in this game it will be difficult (I think) to balance the tolerance sliders.

I have seen some posts regarding WW3 (heh it wouldn't be much fun without at least 1 major war . . .) I cannot give suggestions to this because it is purely a matter of personal taste. Like if you have 4 sides (south america, africa, russia, this that and the other) or only 2. I'm sure you guys have enough imagination to figure out how to extend the war (BTW, in our times, the actual revolt risk due to war exaustion is SOMEWHAT LESS than back in the day).

Anyway, thank you very much for reading this long post (I'm a little buzzed).

This is not meant to be a criticism or anything, only suggestions. I would be honored if even 1 of the guys on the MDS team read this.

Bubye

Last edited:
As you may or may not have noticed is the MDS currently dead, nobody is even working on it. But still thanks for the bug-reporting: it means that people are still interested in the MDS.

What about the sprites Theres no sprites modern day military dont carry axes!