• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've got a USA bug in March of 1937. I selected Huey Long as president during the election and the game crashes when the event for his 3rd reform pops up (California airplane tax I believe).

I'll start hunting down what has caused that icy, and thanks for actually reporting the bug. :)

Not a bug per se, but may be an oversight (very low on priority, I know) - the MittelAfrika army in lualanda has it's milita named ' Outer Heaven Warlords ' which sounds chinese, and completely unlike any other Army name in Mittelafrika? WAD and why?

An obvious bug now - Hungary has a CTD on the event 'Death of de Jaska' (or something like that).

Last edited:
Alexei, 99% certain the Outer Heaven Warlords is a shout out to Metal Gear. :p

As for the CTD, you're going to have to be more specific as the two death events for Hungary, that of Archduke Friedrich and Gyula Gömbös caused no problems for me.

Metal Gear? Was ist das? (I will personally just rename it X Schutztruppe Askari, but there you go). The De Jaska evewnt, specifically, is a CTD when you click the single option for the event - the screen blacks out and gos directly to desktop.

PS: While v. minor, I assume there is no way to remedy 'Internationale' and 'Mitteleuropa' not quite fitting in the end-of-game box?

Formosa goes independent after Japan says "Never!" to its independence and after a rebellion event occurs. Formosa gets a bunch of events about volunteers and such, but Japan isn't actually at war with it... even though it should be.

Another adolphus glitch - the naming of units by ethnicity no longer works ( A German infantry division is onw called 'FRA', an Ottoman '1st Infantry', while previously you would have 'ethnic' names.

I found this glitch back in a 1.2 Beta and it still hasn't been fixed:

Lt. General T.E Lawrence of Hashemite Arabia is a Jungle Rat. As far as my knowledge of the Kaiserreich universe goes, I think he's supposed to be a Desert Fox.

Also, why does General Abdullah have 43 xp, General as Said have 50 xp, and General al Midfai have an astounding 150 xp?

Now I'm experiencing a bug with Hashemite Arabia. The Ottoman Empire declared war on me in 1939, but for some reason, the game won't let me move my forces into Ottoman territory, although I can move them around my own territory.

This is a minor bug: The Commune of France has a duplicate Lt. General Camille; there's two of them with the same picture & stats, whereas there should only be one.

If Poland is at war and the Commonwealth events fire, there's a CTD (when the army reformation event poups up).
Commonwealth has only cores on '36 Poland and Lithuania - there should be an event giving it cores on Galicia and parts of White Ruthenia. And it should be possible to claim Wielkopolska (Poznan) somehow.
There's no way to avoid Doboczyński's coup turning Commonwealth back into Poland.
Counters of Pol-Lit commonwealth and IG Romania are messed up.
Delhi sometimes ends up conquering Azerbeijan after the Afghan events, it looks kinda odd.

Last edited:
CTD in 1937, playing as Ukraine, errors in Japan AI file.
PS: I appear to have deleted the save-file, so I do not know what you can do.

Last edited:
The Russian partion of Germany events are bugged. It seems it always fires when I take berlin, even though the rest of Germany still stands. This leads to a lot of problems in the later game.

Everytime I'm playing as France with the latest Hotfix Patches I get the No Majority Found result to the 1941 Party Leadership elections before I ever get a chance to pick the options in the various rounds of voting. Also, if Russia ever goes Soviet after the Franco-German war begins, the game crashes.

Is that the event "Wilhelm II passed away" removed? In the game Wilhelm II would never die and I can't found this event in db.

I downloaded this mod, but it crashes 3 seconds after the loading screen comes up. It says Darkest Hour has stopped working. It only happens when I play this mod. What could be the problem?