• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We are still at the previous one (Missing G4 Explosives). The Support of the People draws simply added an extra step since they happen before the crisis is resolved.

Stupid me. Thanks for the clarification. I already announced I won´t add cards to the check. Can I change this now that I got to draw two?

Draw LEA 1 and TAC 1.

By the way, form my experience of Vanilla BSG, the exact opposite would be true, I assume one of the expansions rebalanced that.

Yes.

This post is going to be a bit lengthy, but it going to cover the reasoning.

First of all, we will fall crisis. Baring a lot of luck and very friendly Cylon Manager, we will have crisis that we either can't pass or we fail.

To win as humans, we need to ensure that the ones we can't pass or fail are the ones that don't really matter. And the ones we pass, are the ones that do.

So, we have to look at each crisis and decide how critical is it to pass.

We do that by looking at the fail and pass effects. Not the point value. If we are doing this for every crisis we have the cards in hand to pass any we need to. As we don't waste them on the ones we can just let fail.

For this crisis the pass effect is fairly common. No effect.

If this crisis had a gain resources of any type, it might be worth it. Some crisis have pass effects we don't want to trigger, and we want to fail them.

So, it not worth pass for that.

So we then look at the fail effect and decide how much it will hurt.

The first part of the fail effect is resources.

With all the expantions in play, they generally work out to this.

Morale is most commonly hit, and hard to get back.
Food is next commonly hit and fairly trivally to get back.
Population is next commonly hit and very hard to get back.
Fuel is very rarely hit and very trivially to get back.

Then we look at the other ways we lose resources.

Morale gets lost when a human is killed. It can happen.

Food is only lost outside of crisis by a single damage token, some Q cards and not much else. Q cards make it easy to get food back, and some destinations give us food back.

Population is lost when we lose civilian ships. We want to Preventative Policy those when we can to avoid it, but for the most part we lose population from cylon ships.

Fuel we loose every time we jump. But a lot of the one distance destinations give us fuel back. We need, in worst case 12 fuel to jump the 10 distance we need to go. Average is about 8, and very good game we can pull off will be something like 4 fuel used. A perfect game will have us with more fuel in the tanks then we left with. But that is extremely rare.

So, overall Food is a low risk thing to lose. Fuel is generally the other low risk one. The other two are much more important to keep. If we were going to NC, then Morale is the new fuel, but we not, so we ok there.

The other effect of the fail amounts to no effect.

So overall, this is a crisis we can afford to fail, or just throw in an extra card or two.

Not to play to win this crisis.

We are playing the long game here. And I don't think in every game I played either here or IRL, we ever had a team lose on food before.

That said, if DD likes us, it worth throwing a DE on this to ignore the loss of food.

Preload DE, keep play of 0 cards.

Code:
[b]LEA/TAC = 7[/b]
Tactics-0 (Quick Thinking)

Piloting-1 (Evasive Maneuvers)

0 - 1 = -1 FAIL!

glasszon may use Quick Thinking if he so desires.

Support of the People made this skill check reckless. Since the rules were changed in Daybreak and IIRC this didn't come up in the last game, here is the relevant section.

Daybreak rules said:
Reckless Skill Checks

After resolving all skill abilities during a Reckless skill check, turn the top card of the Treachery deck faceup and carry out one of the following steps, based on the card’s strength:

• If the card has a strength greater than “0,” discard it and continue resolving the skill check. Do not resolve the card’s skill check ability and do not include it when totaling strength.
• If the card has a strength of “0,” turn the next card from the Treachery deck faceup as well. Resolve the skill check abilities on both of these cards, even if the ability has already been resolved during this check. Then, discard both cards and continue to resolve the skill check. Do not include these cards when totaling strength.

When a “Restore Order” Card is played before a skill check, that check cannot then be made Reckless. Similarly, a “Restore Order” Card cannot be played before a skill check if that check has been made Reckless. If two or more players wish to play cards at the same time, the current player determines which player may play his card first.

The top card is Treachery-3 (Personal Vices) - so no effect.

Raiders are activated, no jump prep is added.

Eternaly_Lost draws 2 POL / 2 LEA / 1 TAC

Turn 03

Code:
[b][u]Player Status[/u][/b]
[i]Bolded player has the turn.[/i]
1. Kingepyon: Gaius Baltar (Sup) [5+1★]
2. glasszon: Sharon “Athena” Agathon [9+1★]
3. [b]Eternaly_Lost: Admiral Tom Zarek (Mil) [5+5+2N+1M+1★][/b]
4. Dexander: Karl “Helo” Agathon (Pil) [5+1Q+1★]  
5. TheArchduke: President Lee Adama (Pol) [3+1Q+1★]

Destiny Deck [10]

Code:
[b][u]Fleet Status[/u][/b]          [b]Distance[/b]       0/10

[b]Food[/b]       [COLOR="lime"]07/08[/COLOR]      [b]Vipers[/b]         2 Active, 4 in Reserve, 0 Damaged
[b]Fuel[/b]       [COLOR="lime"]08/08[/COLOR]      
[b]Morale[/b]     [COLOR="lime"]10/10[/COLOR]      [b]Raptors[/b]        4 in Reserve
[b]Population[/b] [COLOR="lime"]12/12[/COLOR]      [b]Attack Raptors[/b] 0 Active, 1 in Reserve

Cylon Boarding [ ] - [COLOR="yellow"][ ][/COLOR]    - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][ ][/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ][/COLOR]    -          [COLOR="Red"] [ DEATH  ][/COLOR]
Jump Prep      [ ] - [COLOR="wheat"][X][/COLOR]    - [COLOR="yellow"][ ][/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"][ ] 3p[/COLOR] - [COLOR="red"][ ] 1p[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Lime"] [ *JUMP* ][/COLOR]

Reserve   Civs  10
Active    Civs  2
Destroyed Civs  0

Ships and Resources Remaining
-- 1 Pop            x6
-- 1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
-- 2 Pop            x2
-- 1 Pop & 1 Fuel   x1
-- Empty            x2
-- Galactica Food Damage Token
-- Galactica Fuel Damage Token
-- Galactica 
-- Basestars x 1
-- Raiders x 17
-- Heavy x 4
-- Boarding Parties x4

Code:
[b]Galactica[/b]  (0/6 Damage)
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]FTL Control[/i]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Weapons Control[/i] [COLOR="orange"]Eternaly_Lost: Admiral Zarek [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Command[/i]
[i]Communications[/i]
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Admiral’s Quarters[/i] [COLOR="orange"]Dexander: Helo, TheArchduke: President Lee Adama[/COLOR]
[i]Research Lab[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Hangar Deck[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Armory[/i] 
[i]Sickbay[/i]
[i]Brig[/i] 

[b]Pegasus[/b] (0/4 Damage)
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Pegasus CIC[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Airlock[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Main Batteries[/i] 
[COLOR="Lime"]*[/COLOR] [i]Engine Room[/i]
Code:
[b]Colonial One[/b]
[i]Quorum Chamber[/i]
[i]Press Room[/i] 
[i]President’s Office[/i] [COLOR="orange"]glasszon: Athena (Infiltrating) [/COLOR]
[i]Administration[/i]

[b]Demetrius[/b]
[i]Bridge[/i]
[i]Tactical Plot[/i] [COLOR="orange"]Kingepyon: Baltar[/color]
[i]Captain's Cabin[/i]  
[b]Active Mission: None[/b]

[b]Rebel Basestar[/b]
[b]Allegiance: None - Cannot be used until a side is determined from the "Cylon Civil War" mission card.[/b]
[i]Hybrid Tank[/i]
[i]Datastream[/i]  
[i]Raider Bay[/i]

[b]Cylon Locations[/b]
[i]Caprica[/i]  
[i]Cylon Fleet[/i] 
[i]Human Fleet[/i]  
[i]Resurrection Ship[/i]  
[i]BaseStar Bridge[/i]

[b]Off-ship:[/b]

Main Board
Code:
\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            | Raider x3  /
   \           |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       /
        \      |      /
         \     |     /
          \    |    /
           \   |   /
A           \  |  /           D
L            \ | /            E
P   Basestar  \|/   Civ x2    L
H             /|\             T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \           
           /   |   \
          /    |    \
         /     |     \
        /      |      \
       /       |       \
      /        |        \
     /         |         \
    /          |          \
   /           |           \
  /   Viper    |   Viper    \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

Cards in play:

Action Queue:
glasszon - decide whether to use Quick Thinking
Eternaly_Lost - move/action

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why Glass would not use quick thinking,

Move to Main Batteries, discarding Politics-1 (Consolidate Power). Play Politics-3 (Popular Influence)

Quorum cards have been sent.

You are right that there is no real downside. Still, he has the option to decline if he so chooses.

Play

ACCEPT PROPHECY

Action: Draw 1 Skill Card of any type (it may be from outside your skill set). Keep this card in play. When a player activates Administration or chooses the President with the Admiral's Quarters location, increase the difficulty by 2 then discard this card.

Draw 1 ENG card.

Pass other card to President.

Got the card.

Code:
CRISIS: Terrorist Investigations 

Skill check: POL/LEA = 12 
PASS: Current player looks at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player. 
6+: No Effect 
FAIL: -1 Morale 

POST CRISIS: Activate Heavies, +1 Jump Prep

I can help quite a bit, but not do it alone.

But an early reveal or trusted player is worth it, no?

By the way, form my experience of Vanilla BSG, the exact opposite would be true, I assume one of the expansions rebalanced that.

Fuel is the most important resource in vanilla BSG. The expansions added more destinations that eased up on the fuel usage so it devalued quite a bit. Morale has been the most important resource since pegasus I believe, though I suspect that is mainly because most games the president doesn't get to speech a lot. That might change if he does.

With the latest expansion the jury is still out. Morale lost the humans the game last time around thanks to a corrupt president, but fuel might be important if you fail the mission deck missions or decide to not do them (unwise, really).

We are playing the long game here. And I don't think in every game I played either here or IRL, we ever had a team lose on food before.

This.
Which means everyone wants to stock up on cards as much as possible. This is also true if you're a cylon. Also note that since you can become a cylon mid-game you want to hedge your bets a bit at the start, which (again) means hoarding cards if you can do so without losing the humans' critical resources.

Last edited:
But an early reveal or trusted player is worth it, no?

Some players reveal early regardless of scans.
But yeah, scanning people is nice. Unless they have final five loyalty cards or something like that. ;-)

Cleaned PM box.

I got 3 strong plus a few weak I could throw in. I could pass this by myself if we take the DD out of the equation. We at least want the partial pass here, but the full pass is nice.

If someone got a Guts and Int. To throw in here, we can do this.