BSG Season 15 ~ Wagons West!...North!...someone find us a map!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something is off with the ship counts. Did you substract 1 x 1 pop ship from the lists? Because there's either one ship too many in there, or the humans have 8 ships prepped instead of 7 :p

Have a problem with a prepped destroyed ship?:happy:

Have a problem with a prepped destroyed ship?:happy:

Actually, it's an unlocked unprepared inactive intact ship if I read those counts right :D
Thanks for fixing it though :)

Play RESOURCES FOR GALACTICA

Action: Repair up to 1 location and 2 damaged Vipers. Then discard this card.

Repair AQ and 2 vipers, who said we don't have vipers ready to go?

Galactica is not in orbit, you can not repair it.

Galactica is not in orbit, you can not repair vipers.

the rules said:
During the New Caprica phase, ignore any effect that would
place, destroy, or move ships in any space area around
Galactica or centurions on the Boarding Party track, until
the Galactica returns to orbit (see page 17). Additionally,
locations on Galactica and Pegasus may neither be damaged
nor repaired until Galactica returns to orbit. After Galactica
returns, however, this rule is suspended and the normal rules
again apply.

Raptors may still be risked as normal throughout the New
Caprica phase

Raptors are said that they can be risked, but otherwises you must assume that Galactica and related things can't be effected until it is in orbit. Unless you can find something that says otherwise. I would say that you can't repair the vipers as they explicitly said that you can use raptors.

Galactica is not in orbit, you can not repair it.

Galactica is not in orbit, you can not repair vipers.

Raptors are said that they can be risked, but otherwises you must assume that Galactica and related things can't be effected until it is in orbit. Unless you can find something that says otherwise. I would say that you can't repair the vipers as they explicitly said that you can use raptors.

Searched on BGG and it haven't said what happens to repair viper while on New Caprica. Unless you can find another place that specifically refers to vipers, my understanding from the rule above is you should be able to repair vipers since it doesn't mention that is prohibited. The only reason imo why the raptor section was included was for clarity, so people won't have arguments such as this as to whether raptors can be risked or not. The difference between repairing vipers and risking raptors is risking raptors are quite common while on New Caprica (eg. Launch Scout), while repairing vipers while on New Caprica is only possible with this Q card, so they implied this is possible rather than making an explicit statement about it. Since JL is the GM I will wait for his ruling in light of this.

My conditional order:
If vipers can be repaired, then I will leave my play stand as it is except minus the part about repairing AQ.
Otherwise, I will play another Q card.

Last edited:
At this time, I wonder if we should start talking about the next game. This one is starting to wind down, I don't see us having that many more turns left. Do we have someone that wants to host season 17?

Searched on BGG and it haven't said what happens to repair viper while on New Caprica. Unless you can find another place that specifically refers to vipers, my understanding from the rule above is you should be able to repair vipers since it doesn't mention that is prohibited. The only reason imo why the raptor section was included was for clarity, so people won't have arguments such as this as to whether raptors can be risked or not. The difference between repairing vipers and risking raptors is risking raptors are quite common while on New Caprica (eg. Launch Scout), while repairing vipers while on New Caprica is only possible with this Q card, so they implied this is possible rather than making an explicit statement about it. Since JL is the GM I will wait for his ruling in light of this.

My conditional order:
If vipers can be repaired, then I will leave my play stand as it is except minus the part about repairing AQ.
Otherwise, I will play another Q card.

I was not able to find anything either, so I personally defaulted back to logic and the fact that there is a line explictly allowing you to use Raptors well Galactica is away.

Galactica holds the vipers, Galactica can't be repaired because it not in orbit. Vipers attack ships or are in the hold.

Raptors however are scout ships so it very much possible for one or several to be head of the Galactica and don't get put on the battlefield to attack Raiders and such.

Is there enough interest for BSG 17? Lately things have been moving very slowly towards the end of BSG 15 and BSG 16.

That part of the thing to talk about. BSG 16 went rather smoothly until we lost a player and it was too close to the end to replace him. This game has however dragged on quite a bit.

It depends a bit on the players involved and how much the GM is willing to be strict about enforcing deadlines, I suspect.

As for having enough interest - usually some players show up for these games if you put a thread up. Lately people have taken to doing the signups in the old thread but that's actually sorta counter productive as it means new people don't get a chance to sign up for them.

It depends a bit on the players involved and how much the GM is willing to be strict about enforcing deadlines, I suspect.

As for having enough interest - usually some players show up for these games if you put a thread up. Lately people have taken to doing the signups in the old thread but that's actually sorta counter productive as it means new people don't get a chance to sign up for them.

Well I'd be willing to GM a kobol game, it's been awhile since my last and I have some time. Unless someone else wants to do it. I'd enforce deadlines, but they would be 48 hours, so it should cut down on the amount of time things are discussed in PM. Discussing things in public also makes the game more interesting to follow for spectators as well.

Well I'd be willing to GM a kobol game, it's been awhile since my last and I have some time. Unless someone else wants to do it. I'd enforce deadlines, but they would be 48 hours, so it should cut down on the amount of time things are discussed in PM. Discussing things in public also makes the game more interesting to follow for spectators as well.

I could do a NC game after this, with the same 48 hour deadline.

I likely also try and push the rules on PMs to be a bit more restrictive. I agree that having things in public makes thing a lot more interesting, but I need to think about it carefully. I like the added dimension they add to the game, but with too much PMs, spectators don't get a lot to follow and each turn, turns into players just making plays and no talk about them.

I don't even know if a proper balance can be reached. Outlawing PMs completely would be ideal for spectators and staying true to the game, but a better game for the players is funner for those that play in it, and you should worry more about those playing over those watching, unless you goal is to entertain those watching.

Going to let vipers be fixed. I see no reason why they would not include it if they meant to stop it since they did include not repairing galactica. It sounds a bit silly or illogical but I can't find anything against it.

Our Crisis is:
Code:
Betrayed from Within

Skill check: POL/LEA = 9
PASS: No Effect
6+: Current player discards 2 random Skill Cards and draws 2 Treachery Cards
FAIL: Current player is executed

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 EVACUATION AND PREPARE FOR JUMP

I could do a NC game after this, with the same 48 hour deadline.

I likely also try and push the rules on PMs to be a bit more restrictive. I agree that having things in public makes thing a lot more interesting, but I need to think about it carefully. I like the added dimension they add to the game, but with too much PMs, spectators don't get a lot to follow and each turn, turns into players just making plays and no talk about them.

I don't even know if a proper balance can be reached. Outlawing PMs completely would be ideal for spectators and staying true to the game, but a better game for the players is funner for those that play in it, and you should worry more about those playing over those watching, unless you goal is to entertain those watching.

A little of both. I think long term strategy can be discussed in PMs, as it doesn't slow down the turn, but immediate moves/skill checks should be planned in the open.

1 card

1 Weak