• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
just in general, encircle, encircle, encircle...the big breaktrough for me was a huge one after cutting through the soviet lines east of moscow pushing north; effectively cutting off a big chunk between the baltics and the moscow region. Build tanks use them as spearheads.
You have to dictate the flow of battle, especially in the beginning use the event for raising your org and supply

Last edited:
Does someone have a good strategy to defeat the Soviet Union? They always have more planes and divisions than I do.
A really good and interesting to read after-action-report (AAR) I can highly recommend:
'AARchtung panzer!' by Lucifer
There the mod World in Flames II (WiFII) was played which is also integrated here into Blood & Iron for Darkest Hour, so the strats & tactics should be quite well transferable.
You can read all or jump to the appropiate chapters, the AAR is well structured.
I learned a lot... and had quite some fun reading.

edit: Hehe, it wasn't intentional, as a matter of fact it took me quite a time to see: Offering 'AARchtung panzer!' to someone with the nick of AchtungPanzer. Well, probably my submind is a lot smarter, made the connection instantly and presented me (conscious me) the AAR read years ago and then went back to ponder about the demise of the world (and how not to overly burden fragile conscious one with it).

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Phew... just coming off a game as the USSR, it's late '41 and I'm beaten. The troops the German Reich is sending my way is crazy. They have stacks of 40 divisions along the front line. My troops fight abysmally bad. For example - my three T34/76 lose on plains against three Mot. divs that are out of supply. Also, in advance of the invasion I've prepped my troops for defense using plenty of artillery. Needless to say these get encirceled and destroyed pretty easy. Definitely a "smart" AI looking for weak spots, though not without its own mistakes.

I think I'll restart with another game ... any tips on what to do ? Is it worth defending the Stalin line at all? Or should I let them come to the doors of Leningrad - Moscow - Rostov (hence, have them spread out) before I engage in *real* defense?

Also, what's going on with the AI cheating? Germany starts with some 180+ IC and now if I check them out they have like FOUR HUNDRED base IC !?

i know wif 2 and mods based on wif 2 give germany unbeatable against ussr, try doing a couple of tests with a third nation to see how the two giants beat each other, at least you get an idea of the balance

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not sure if it's unbeatable. I'd rather take my Soviet misfortune as a proof of me not being a good enough player ;) ... certainly, there ought to be a strategy that will work even against those cheating hordes of doom. I just have no idea which it is :) .... yet

• 1Like
Reactions:
i download the mod i blood and iron 1.1 i want start some campaigns first with germany then other, waht difficult i set? normal normal? then some tips for germany, thanks, last question there are events post WW 2? if i play germany urss or the allied? thanks all

What about including some events in South America? So far its a barren continent but you could include an event where Germany bribes f.e. Argentina into signing an alliance, there were somehow shady pro axis governnments all over the place, even the centrists in Brazil and Paraguay could also strive to become great again

Last edited:
Where is the enddate for the 1914 and the 1933 scenarios for this mod. I would like to change it with notepad
It's the same for every mod:

scenarios/1933.eug look for "enddate". CTRL F and Notepad+ helps. (default enddate is 1964). When starting a new game remember to select "use scenario enddate" in settings.

and

1914_Wif.eug

Reactions: