• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While not strictly b&i related, I wanted to use the unite sprites for regular dh so I copied the whole shebang. But I'm not happy with the medium tank sprite for japan, it looks like a modern battle tank. So I copied back the medium tank sprite from vanilla dh, and renamed it appropiately(apparently the mod uses 8, while vanilla uses 1 in the filename) yet it won't work properly. I used a renamer program so there shouldnt be any mistakes, 17 files in total replaced in the bmp folder.

medium tank.jpg

While not strictly b&i related, I wanted to use the unite sprites for regular dh so I copied the whole shebang. But I'm not happy with the medium tank sprite for japan, it looks like a modern battle tank. So I copied back the medium tank sprite from vanilla dh, and renamed it appropiately(apparently the mod uses 8, while vanilla uses 1 in the filename) yet it won't work properly. I used a renamer program so there shouldnt be any mistakes, 17 files in total replaced in the bmp folder.

View attachment 922532
Yep, be VERY careful when removing and replacing any Sprite files since they contain files from 3 separate folders (Palette, Units, BMP). If I were you, I would just delete all three of those folders completely, then replace them with the 3 original B&I Folders; because you probably missed a file somewhere.

If that's not an option because you made other changes you don't want to lose, then I'd delete all ARM files related to JAP ARM Sprites (you can leave the palette file alone since it might be used by other Sprites) and then move the original B&I JAP ARM file back over. But B&I's sprite setup is really weird. I'm not crazy about the workarounds he uses to create leveled Sprites, which creates way too many unnecessary SPR files (the text files) plus lots of nations use other nations' Sprites.

Reactions:
I'll tinker around some more and see what I can do. But I want to use the vanilla jap arm file, not the b&i one, while using all the other b&i sprites for dh full 1943 scenario.

I deleted all the 3 folders, then copied b&i folders. Got a bunch of errors while loading the game, and ingame some icons are graphics was missing. So I did verify files to redownload what I deleted. Ran the game, and then boom the medium armor japan was using the original sprite, while most other sprites seemed to be b&i. Alas many ships had the same graphic bug I posted earlier so. Seems to be tricky to figure this one out.

Last edited:
I'll tinker around some more and see what I can do. But I want to use the vanilla jap arm file, not the b&i one, while using all the other b&i sprites for dh full 1943 scenario.

I deleted all the 3 folders, then copied b&i folders. Got a bunch of errors while loading the game, and ingame some icons are graphics was missing. So I did verify files to redownload what I deleted. Ran the game, and then boom the medium armor japan was using the original sprite, while most other sprites seemed to be b&i. Alas many ships had the same graphic bug I posted earlier so. Seems to be tricky to figure this one out.
Oh shoot, I misread what you meant. Thought you were already playing B&I and only wanted to replace the JAP ARM with the one from Vanilla. It should have worked though. I bet the errors came from deleting the Palette folder. I'd leave that one alone, and simply add the B and I files to it. Overwrite when asked, but again, be careful. A lot of those vanilla files are used for other graphics.

In the future I probably want to do that, play b&i with vanilla jap arm. I did just copy paste the b&i folders into vanilla - then it uses jap arm b&i which is a modern battle tank. The vanilla jap arm is not called the same as b&i jap arm, there is a number difference in the filename, an 8 instead of a 1. So I copied the vanilla jap arm again after the b&i folders, and renamed it so the game would recoginize it(change the number in the filename to 8). Thats when I got the buggy vanilla jap arm sprite. Im explaining terribly.

But I'm not gonna spam down this lovely mod thread more, I'll make a new thread to try and learn how everything works so I can fix and mix the sprites I like the most.

I think I finally figured it out. Apparently b&i medium tank for japan has many "layers", different files for different medium tank techs. but they all use the same bmp file, except the first set of medium tank, which is set to jagdtiger.bmp?! - which doesn't exsist so it probably defaults to the next tech bmp which would be the cold war medium tank bmp. It makes sense for later tech to use the 2A5.bmp.

So I just removed all sets/layers(previous I probably just removed the first set) of the medium tank for japan, and it defaulted to the vanilla medium tank for japan. Thank you Pasha!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for your work, it is everything I expected it to be! One minor issue: any idea why this division comes up empty?
Untitled.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Greetings! Have a question: i started as Germany moving historically, right now preparing Barbarossa, what i have noticed is crazy manpower pool, compared to vanilla, is it intended, or there just several copies of mobilization events? If it is so, how i can tone it down, to make it more balanced?

Playing as France... survived till 1941 (left allies and made separate peace with Ger) but event when Eng took/sunk half my fleet fired anyway ...

Reactions:
Playing as France... survived till 1941 (left allies and made separate peace with Ger) but event when Eng took/sunk half my fleet fired anyway ...
heh in my other game also playing FR won with GER and puppeted them (as Aliies) and this event fired anyway, i think it needs some polishing by adding control of Paris by FR (as Allies) as exclusion

• 2Like
Reactions:
heh in my other game also playing FR won with GER and puppeted them (as Aliies) and this event fired anyway, i think it needs some polishing by adding control of Paris by FR (as Allies) as exclusion
You won by spamming forts or by going motorized?
I did first tactic few times in different mods over the years, but never tried MOT/tanks tactic, since French industry (and starting dissent) is so bad.

I quite like some of the mechanics in this mod, like reducing the number of squadrons to 4 and the fact that the great admiral can now only command a maximum of 18 ships but I think there are some small suggestions to make the mod more perfect. :
- AI USA dropped an atomic bomb on India instead of the country where I was playing Japan, or on the army that invaded their land like the All in one mod.
- Although I received the event about the death of Admiral Yamamoto, it did not remove him from the admiral section as you can see in the picture.
- AI usually only has small fleets of 4-5 ships and leaves the transport ships alone. Only when I started landing in the USA did I come across their fleet of 30 ships, these are probably the first fleets. The first thing the AI had at the start of the campaign, they didn't split.
-AI often has strange ways of building divisions such as attaching anti-aircraft brigades to armored divisions making them only slightly faster than infantry, or attaching tanks to infantry while artillery brigades obviously better . I think improvement on the construction of the unit components is needed . Especially when looking at the scene where AI Germany ran out of oil after 1.5 years of invading the Soviet Union and still continuously building armored divisions. I have attached the game save for anyone who needs @@

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    714,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Empire of Japan_1946_December_10.eug.rar
    961,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hello again , if i save the game and i try to load it again i get 5 errors ? how can we fix them please ?

ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe V) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.1\scenarios\save games\USA_1937_July_3.eug, line ~ 67636!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VI) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.1\scenarios\save games\USA_1937_July_3.eug, line ~ 67667!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.1\scenarios\save games\USA_1937_July_3.eug, line ~ 67697!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe VIII) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.1\scenarios\save games\USA_1937_July_3.eug, line ~ 67729!
ERROR : Invalid or missing location for naval unit (Kampfgruppe IX) in Mods\Blood and Iron v1.1\scenarios\save games\USA_1937_July_3.eug, line ~ 67761!

Is the "British are using poison gas" event debuff supposed to last the whole game as Germany? Its hard fighting an already buffed USSR with a -50% attrition and -10% org and morale the event gives. On the game files the event "Occupation of UK" is supposed to get rid of the debuff but that event isn't firing even through I've been occupying mainland UK for 2 years now.

Reactions:

Greetings! Have a question: i started as Germany moving historically, right now preparing Barbarossa, what i have noticed is crazy manpower pool, compared to vanilla, is it intended, or there just several copies of mobilization events? If it is so, how i can tone it down, to make it more balanced?

You'll definitely need the manpower pool, once russian winter sets in and there's also, after being successful, the issue of settling Lebensraum

Having completed the game as germany, I have to say that it was my final HOI game; very polished and I've never had a better experience with it in all my years, so it's best to end it here.

Several things, I very much enjoyed settling the east and all the other decisions you can take like Italian Near East and so on; couple of further decisions come to my mind for the next patch

1) after Barbarossa, what about a war between Hungary and Romania (other mods have it), you can decide as Germany which side to choose as these nations settle their dispute over Transsylvania (before it they both must leave the axis of course)
2) South African Union, what about them changing sides or at least requesting an armistice after Germany liberates England !?
3) the option for freeing R. Hess after occupying Edinburgh, it's a small thing but has some flavor to it

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
what about a 'Spear of Destiny' event? Would be quite unique for a mod and has some historical truth to it:
shouldn't have any effects on the game though