BEACH PROPERTIES ASSET PACK & MODDING WAVELET PATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
30 house assets being 10 new styles (x3 levels)
4 palm trees??? For a beach themed pack have you ever heard of stones, sand, piers?

Can you even use the house packs away from a coastline?

What happened to the creator pack with 8 different global themes shortly coming after launch?

Given the state of things this should be a pack to restore faith by blowing us away... this is more limp than a palm tree in a hurricane.
Extremely disappointed, again.

The bug/fix list has to be huge, or that will be me never returning! My remaining faith is a single string.

• 17Like
Reactions:
@ Steve Wallis -- You're correct; it's all downloadable content. I was referring to "expansion content" which, at least with CSL1, tend to be considerably more comprehensive and which make changes/additions to actual game play (e.g.Campus, Industries) as opposed to just being collections of assets that are mostly cosmetic (such as "Seaside Resorts" for CSL1). My point is not to complain about Beach Properties not being any more than it's supposed to be.

• 2Like
Reactions:
No entiendo tantas quejas , cs1 salió peor y fue mejorando con mods y dcl, ahora se va a implementar los mods oficiales en fase beta y un pequeño dcl, pero en cs2 hay muchísimas mejoras que no estaban en cs1 como hacer las carreteras, le falta pulir el rendimiento pero bajando algunos parámetros gráficos el juego no da problemas hasta los 200.000 habitantes.
que deberían haber esperado 1 año, puede ser pero hay que pagar al personal que hace el juego y es muy complejo, en fin poco a poco todo se arreglara, con thunderstore he podido jugar sin problemas con mods , supongo que estos desarrolladores están ayudando a implementar los mods oficiales que por fin se anuncian aunque en fase beta.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This DLC (and to be honest, all the DLC already announced) should be free for everyone.
People that bought the Ultimate version should just get some later DLCs included instead.
It's pretty bad to be pay walling a few palm trees behind a DLC. How are vanilla map makers going to make tropical maps without them?
(Being an ultimate Edition owner) I think this a good idea.
Meaning, I will anyway get those asset packs for free. However, opening them to everyone would have many benefits:
- showing some good will
- getting more attention on the game, increasing the players count
- By being part of the base game the future Update Management of the extensions being far easier

In the same time telling ultimate Edition owners they will get the first future DLC(s) not yet announced for free, would show CO's long term comitment to the game.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Just to remind everyone -- the Beach Properties are being marketed as an "Asset Pack", not an "Expansion" DLC. Perhaps some lowered expectations are in order and just accept it for what it is.
The functionality to paint different terrain with random assets in it, is already in the game » specialized industry. So only work CO would have to do for beaches is to create sandy terrain and some assets which would be plopped in selected area. I would be happy even with 2-3 tiny assets like parasols, sunbeds and lifeguard’s cabin. That's it, other assets could be created by community.

To minimize the price, they could do it instead of two themes for buildings. I believe that the most of the players would appreciate it.

You are saying, we should lower our expectations, as a customer who already paid for the product, I would like to at least receive an answer from publisher/developer if the “beach brush” is planned or not, how about that? Or the reason why they are not answering our calls, is that they do not care and/or majority of potencial buyers are expecting the beaches and knowing the beaches are not there would lowered the sales.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I honestly have to question just how broken their asset import pipeline is, if it's easier to implement code mods, that require hooking into the game and its engine, than assets, that are just a 3D model and 2-3 texture files.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I honestly have to question just how broken their asset import pipeline is, if it's easier to implement code mods, that require hooking into the game and its engine, than assets, that are just a 3D model and 2-3 texture files.
I think there may be difficulties linked to assets import as well. It may affect game performance. How the game should handle many assets or if the assets are not optimized or broken. Many things to consider if users are going to be able to import assets created by third parties.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I haven't played this game for over a month (I tried the last patch for a few days, then moved on to other games and activities).

I own the deluxe version which gives me these "few houses" for free, but that would not get me back into this game.

I am looking for these items:

1: Some kind of challenge.

All previous city builders needed the mayor to be careful with finances. This game doesn't. You just get free money if you mess up.

2: Buildings that upgrade as the neighborhood improves.

All city builders, and most resource and trading games (such as anno series) will upgrade buildings as more goods and services are delivered. Even CS I. This game causes houses to be abandoned (for high rent) after you add a few parks etc. It doesn’t make sense to me.

3: Performance

I am not able to play, even though I have a fairly good PC, when I get to 500k population. This was no issues with CS I (with mods). CS II is at least 5 times slower than CS I.

4: Control of industry

Some games have “extreme control” of industry and resources. Again the Anno series comes to mind, or simpler games like “furthest frontier”. While this game is not designed as a resource gathering, trading and combat game, there must be something in-between. I find that the current state, where you can only control taxes, is not fun enough for me.

5: Working water features.

There is something odd about how water operates in this game. It doesn’t seem as real as in CS I. There are some strange bugs reported also. I haven’t seen any of the huge waterfalls that we had in CS I. Maybe the map editor will allow this?

So,

I will watch the forums a couple of weeks after the next patch, and see if any of these items are fixed. Maybe I will try the game again in a month or 2, after some mods are published.

• 7Like
Reactions:
The functionality to paint different terrain with random assets in it, is already in the game » specialized industry. So only work CO would have to do for beaches is to create sandy terrain and some assets which would be plopped in selected area. I would be happy even with 2-3 tiny assets like parasols, sunbeds and lifeguard’s cabin. That's it, other assets could be created by community.

To minimize the price, they could do it instead of two themes for buildings. I believe that the most of the players would appreciate it.

You are saying, we should lower our expectations, as a customer who already paid for the product, I would like to at least receive an answer from publisher/developer if the “beach brush” is planned or not, how about that? Or the reason why they are not answering our calls, is that they do not care and/or majority of potencial buyers are expecting the beaches and knowing the beaches are not there would lowered the sales.
Yeah, that IS all they would need to do. The problem is that they won’t even do the bare minimum to make a good pack. People will still happily spend $10 on these few assets and defend it because “it’s just an asset pack, not a full expansion”

• 4Like
Reactions:
You can say all you want about the launch and past 6 months but this is progress.

We have been waiting for map editing
We have been waiting for official mods
We have been waiting for a sharing platform
We have been waiting for new content
We have been waiting for bug fixes
We have been waiting for performance optimizations

We get an update that moves the needle on ALL of the above and people are mad?

If you're angry about this announcement, I suggest forget about the game and come back in 2 years. You're expectations are too high and incremental updates through the year are never going to satisfy you.
That's exactly what I don't get about this community. People are complaining, then they announce the release of new content, new assets, modding support and people still say its not enough ... Did everybody forget about that the State of C:S1 took over 8 Years to become what it was in the end?! Pretty annoying to reading only complaints - I wonder how those people would feel if they'd be the ones whom people are complaining about and about their work.

• 3Like
Reactions:
What happened to the creator pack with 8 different global themes shortly coming after launch?
The CCP will be available sometime in the Paradox Mod Platform, as it's free content from there. They showed a teaser, so we will have to wait for further information or release date.

This is an assumption my own, but as their tool to import models in the game is still in beta, and will be released next week, maybe with some bugs, I won't expect for the 8 CCP very early.

That's exactly what I don't get about this community. People are complaining, then they announce the release of new content, new assets, modding support and people still say its not enough ... Did everybody forget about that the State of C:S1 took over 8 Years to become what it was in the end?! Pretty annoying to reading only complaints - I wonder how those people would feel if they'd be the ones whom people are complaining about and about their work.
This is not an excuse. They should learn about CS1 and at least provide a more finished game. CS2 has in some areas much more less features than CS1.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Oh, this Asset Pack is not free? I mean, I understand that a company runs on money. But after all this game went through, charging for an Asset Pack before we even have mods is kind of out of touch, isn't it?

• 5Like
Reactions:
The CCP will be available sometime in the Paradox Mod Platform, as it's free content from there. They showed a teaser, so we will have to wait for further information or release date.

This is an assumption my own, but as their tool to import models in the game is still in beta, and will be released next week, maybe with some bugs, I won't expect for the 8 CCP very early.

Q4 They said, as the asset import "doesn't work."

Frankly, it's starting to feel intentional. Not trying to be negative, just how it feels. Can't make money when you're competing with the world for free, right?

Ugh. I think just sitting someone down and taking a day to take the CCP through the same pipeline they obviously have for the beach properties DLC, then release them as free DLC (or 8) would put a lot of goodwill out there for minimal effort.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Q4 They said, as the asset import "doesn't work."

Frankly, it's starting to feel intentional. Not trying to be negative, just how it feels. Can't make money when you're competing with the world for free, right?

Ugh. I think just sitting someone down and taking a day to take the CCP through the same pipeline they obviously have for the beach properties DLC, then release them as free DLC (or 8) would put a lot of goodwill out there for minimal effort.
Or maybe it took 3 months of one person every day working on it to upload 4 trees and 30 houses. Which if you consider the other assets are 2500, it might take indefinite amount of time lol..I guess we will know soon how broken is this asset import

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:

We ain't getting asset editor for another half a year mate. That alone should tell you just how massively undercooked this game is, even if they hadn't "had" to change direction in the last few months of development.. We wouldn't have had Mod support on day one as they wanted it.

Here's the thing though. They're saying they can't add these models, because the asset editor does not work. Yet, somehow they've managed to add their own (paid of course) assets to the game. It's of course a bunch of balony. They can add these assets to the game and make an FLC out of it, put it up on the store and reap the rewards of finally giving their playerbase some sort of "hey we see you, we're sorry.. we've decided to release these in steps".

But no. We're back to deceiving statements and it's a shame. Again, I really wish they would stop digging their own grave. I really would. I would love to see this game become what it was advertised to be - what it COULD be.
However, that ain't happening as long as they continue this practice.

Reactions:
I think the fact you are making up Dlc features that don't exists only to advertise the Dlc in a deceptive way could be a good reason why people are disagreeing with you.

It is clear that sand and beaches are NOT part of the Dlc.
You and everybody else are confusing different arguments with different people. The sand/waterfront zone question could have been a simple, informative discussion. But that has nothing to do with that post and related ones, which was about a completely different person, someone I had every reason to believe was attacking me in bad faith.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There to busy with working on games that makes them more money sadly like the dlc comming out for stellaris they may of put paid content on hold except for stuff people demand and already paid for

Plus with a studio of only 31 coders I read bout all the paradox games and game dlc seems they shifted away from skylines for awhile to work on the other games

Now to my point I can't run a large city now do to Sim speed even beefier computers are having a hard time so how on earth are we spose to use mods like in city skylines original

And yes I'd really like to know for future upgrade purposes is avx 512 at all important can or will it be used anytime soon?

Also what about avx10 from intel it ain't out yet but supposably replaces avx512

Reactions:
SimCity 4.0 Screenshot 2024.03.19 - 19.17.42.03.png

• 7Love
  • 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: