BEACH PROPERTIES ASSET PACK & MODDING WAVELET PATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
> What is the difference

If you don’t know the difference between releasing modding and a small portion of modding in a beta state, I seriously doubt that this conversation will be beneficial to either of us
You haven't heard a single word about which part of the modding will be available in the so-called "beta" yet, but you already saying that this is a "small portion of modding". How did you know it is gonna be "small portion" and not fully available and supportable modding? I don't see how modding can be limited, except asset editor which is actually simply unavailable at this moment. Do you actually know what modding is?

Reactions:
You haven't heard a single word about which part of the modding will be available in the so-called "beta" yet, but you already saying that this is a "small portion of modding". How did you know it is gonna be "small portion" and not fully available and supportable modding? I don't see how modding can be limited, except asset editor which is actually simply unavailable at this moment. Do you actually know what modding is?
you haven’t been paying attention, have you?

Here, let me quote from the announcement today, since you have difficulty reading it seems

“The Beta release of Modding will initially support Map and Code mods”

Oh I don’t know how I would know…

• 7Like
Reactions:
you haven’t been paying attention, have you?

Here, let me quote from the announcement today, since you have difficulty reading it seems

“The Beta release of Modding will initially support Map and Code mods”

Oh I don’t know how I would know…
And that's exactly what you have in CS1. The only one missing thing is asset editor.
Map modding - that means you can create you own maps, pretty obvious isn't it?
Code modding - means you can create all other mods, like Move It, TrafficManager and other mods that can't be created with ingame tools.
And asset editor isn't out yet, sadly, but it is pretty difficult thing to do.

So as you can see that's basically what we call "modding". And it will be fully available to all players in CS2. The only one thing you won't be able to do is creating your own assets, like cars, buildings, trees. But every single part of the game will be fully moddable. Am I wrong somewhere? Correct me.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
So as you can see that's basically what we call "modding". And it will be fully available to all players in CS2. The only one thing you won't be able to do is creating your own assets, like cars, buildings, trees. But every single part of the game will be fully moddable. Am I wrong somewhere? Correct me.
The asset editor isn't just for creating your own assets, it's for importing assets into the game. If you can't import assets into the game, you can't have ANY custom assets (like the Region Packs that were advertised at launch that we still don't have). That's one of the largest parts of modding; saying that modding is "fully available" without asset mods is like saying a grocery store is "fully stocked" when it only has cheese and crackers on the shelves.

• 15Like
Reactions:
The asset editor isn't just for creating your own assets, it's for importing assets into the game. If you can't import assets into the game, you can't have ANY custom assets (like the Region Packs that were advertised at launch that we still don't have). That's one of the largest parts of modding; saying that modding is "fully available" without asset mods is like saying a grocery store is "fully stocked" when it only has cheese and crackers on the shelves.
I don't feel this game needs new assets at this moment. Performance and gameplay improvements (which is available with code modding), bugfixes are much more needed than new buildings. Assets WILL BE available, just not this time. And that's good, the devs need to focus on more important part of the game.

Reactions:
Man I swear you need to stop doing this.

Every time you post something new, your game dips even further into negative ratings.

For the love of all that is (un)holy on this planet.. Stop digging your own grave.

It's utter hypocricy to tell your playerbase that you simply can't add the free assets without the Asset Editor... But adding a DLC they can pay for... which unsurprisingly has managed to add assets.. It's a spit in the face. I have the Deluxe edition and this leaves such a bad taste in my mouth knowing the massive issues this game has.

You know and we know you can add those assets.. If you want to start repairing the damage you have caused.. Make a FLC (short for free downloadable content) out of some of those thousands of assets and add it to the store.

Last edited:
  • 17Like
Reactions:
What are code mods exactly? Will people be able to significantly fix/change the economic simulation with those?

In theory, yes, that is very possible.
In practice, it's going to take a lot of time as altering one part of the code can send ripples throughout it all.

I'm fairly sure that with actual code support as they're teasing (we'll see), we're likely looking at a game that will indeed be fixed by modders.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Can't wait to see if mods end up working with geforce now or not. On another note, it would be awesome if the screenshot tool was integrated into Paradox mods so that geforce now users could get their screenshots from the cloud.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can't wait to see if mods end up working with geforce now or not. On another note, it would be awesome if the screenshot tool was integrated into Paradox mods so that geforce now users could get their screenshots from the cloud.
Mods had better be working on GFN, unless they're planning to change their announced delivery of content creator asset packs that are "free for everyone". They're still shouting "Geforce Now" from the rooftops (of their landing page), so I really hope they can get this to work. Other publicly-traded game publishers make it work just fine. My daughter uses mods constantly for Planet Zoo, for instance, and those are added straight from Steam Workshop.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Less time spent on the console is a good thing.

Fix the broken PC version first and then when it's stable and has full modding support they should move the focus to the console. Half assing it doesn't help anyone. I think console players deserve a functioning game when it happens because they shouldn't have to deal with what PC players did all over again.

The water is shallow and has sharks, the sand is filled with broken glass, and console players are whining that they want to jump in and swim too.
I believe that the word from PDX and CO was “All platforms at the same time” now not saying that the problems experienced with the PC version were any less frustrating but just like CS1 console player have been classed as second class citizens again.

As for sharks I guess that must be because your a PC player and have access to the game and now a DLC.

Keep up the good work.

As Asset Pack, it's a little bit disappointing. Only 10 houses each Style, 6 Signature buildings and 4 palm trees.

I was hoping for some option to somehow decorate and create... beaches and waterfronts promenades. Decals of sand, props (beach clubs, umbrellas,...) other paths or pedestrian streets...

Because it's on the Ultimate version of the game, but even for a Content Creator Pack it's a very poor pack.
This 100%

This feels like its so minimal just so they can tick the todo list and say its done.

• 16Like
Reactions:
You can say all you want about the launch and past 6 months but this is progress.

We have been waiting for map editing
We have been waiting for official mods
We have been waiting for a sharing platform
We have been waiting for new content
We have been waiting for bug fixes
We have been waiting for performance optimizations

We get an update that moves the needle on ALL of the above and people are mad?

If you're angry about this announcement, I suggest forget about the game and come back in 2 years. You're expectations are too high and incremental updates through the year are never going to satisfy you.

Last edited:
  • 12Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Is the simulation still a joke, and milestone payments made to gloss over the non-functional economy?

What about the trivial simplicity to run a city?

What about the failsafes that quite frankly make your "simulation" game total bull? That you missold a city painter as a simulator?

No plan to fix those? You'll just sell us some visual DLC instead? Oh okay.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
To be honest, I feel bad for the CO. It seems 90% of this community can't read, can't hear and can only yell "fraud, robbery, money stealing, liars, bastards!"
Everyone was waiting for modding support, and now when it comes out - everyone spits.
Everyone was waiting for bugfixes and optimization improvements, and now when it comes out - everyone spits.
Everyone wanted some new content, but now when it comes out - everyone spits. What's wrong with you, people?
I think it's a case of poor communication+ too little too late. The DLC seems underwhelming and performative. The mod support is incomplete and the fixes unknown.

TBH if after the patch the game runs fine and the simulation is fixed, the atmosphere on the forum will change. If the patch is underwhelming, it will be worse. I think it's up to CO.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can say all you want about the launch and past 6 months but this is progress.

We have been waiting for map editing
We have been waiting for official mods
We have been waiting for a sharing platform
We have been waiting for new content
We have been waiting for bug fixes
We have been waiting for performance optimizations

We get an update that moves the needle on ALL of the above and people are mad?

If you're angry about this announcement, I suggest forget about the game and come back in 2 years. You're expectations are too high and incremental updates through the year are never going to satisfy you.
As a console player I’d be very satisfied with incremental updates though out the year. As it stands it has been really once and they was the one where they understandably delayed our release.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's funny how they stopped answering our questions.

Every other game on the Paradox forums has developers answering questions in the messages under dev diaries.

• 4Like
Reactions: