• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for being so slow guys, Yesterday I got slammed with 3 assignments due in by next week.

Ahhhh.....assignments - the bane of students throughout the world. If only academia recognised that Colleg/University is ofr things other than book lernin'!

Enjoy the break and come back refreshed!

Chapter 1.2 Training I

I've finshed one of the Assignments, so I finshed the update :D Enjoy :D

GERM0051.gif

Chapter 1.2 Training Feb –June 1936
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As days changed into weeks, slowly the cold Bavarian Winter came to an end and Spring ensued.

Spring.jpg

Bavarians Enjoying Spring

Nearly 3 months ahead of schedule, on the 10th of March, Conrad Handerhausen joined the Bavarian Army (I missed the screenshot of the production starting, sorry). His mother was actually fine with this as Conrad had achieved above average academic marks and qualified for early graduation. This made his father absolutely Ecstatic with his son’s performance. Anne was extremely annoyed with Conrad and they had a bad fight about Conrad joining the army. As Ansbach had been a centre of recruiting for the Bavarian Army, the 8th “Ansbach” Battalion was formed and was sent to train in Bad Reichenhall with the rest of the 3. Infanterie Division.

The newly formed Infanterie Division was not without its problems. It was so poorly equipped that it only had 1 Kar 98K rifle per company. As things were looking bleak for the Division, Bavarian High Command placed Generalmajor Albert Kesselring as Commander. “Onkel Albert” was a proven General who had served in the western front in France and had distinguished himself when he halted a British advance at Arras. He was also the relative of the proprietor of a popular local brewery in Bavaria, these two things made him extremely popular with the men.

When Conrad and half of his Kompanie had received there Kar 98’s they received this manual on cleaning your Rifle. Conrad and the Kompanie were ordered to memorize the entire cleaning chapter for an upcoming test.

“For routine cleaning, all you need to do is swing out the latch on the Left side of the receiver and remove the bolt from the rear. Then insert a standard cleaning rod with solvent patch into the chamber end of the barrel and push it through the barrel. Repeat until the patch is clean then run a lightly oiled patch through the barrel. Check the barrel after a couple of days to make sure no rust is forming. Also clean all residue from the bolt face and the area surrounding the chamber. After sustained shooting, high velocity rifle bullets deposit copper fouling in the barrel. From time to time, it is advisable to remove this copper with repeated applications of ammonia based copper solvent and a properly sized bore brush threaded onto the cleaning rod.”

When the officers asked the entire Kompanie to demonstrate the cleaning process of the Kar 98k, Conrad was amazed how many men had forgotten completely about their cleaning handbooks and these unfortunate men were ordered to do “Scheiße Pflicht” for a month, they were stunned, one of the worst punishments for a stupid handbook. Conrad was dismayed at his comrade’s lack of discipline and wondered when one of their Kar’s would misfire or jam and lead to one of the men dying on the battlefield.

Kar98K.jpg

Meanwhile on the world stage many things had happened that would affect the world greatly in the short term. For some reason world war one fortifications were again brought back up to strength and were being employed by countries for a defensive edge over others.

WorldWar1Fortifications.jpg

WW1Fortification.jpg

During the reinforcement of the fortifications, Italian Imperialist thirsts were satisfied with the conquest of Ethiopia. While King Halle Selassie flees to London, his people prepare for the occupation of their homeland by Italy.

EthiopiaSurrenderstoItaly.jpg

Conrad was also informed by Nikolaus that Bavaria was exceeding its production requirements and was producing more than average. And that the many trade agreements Himmler had arranged were now bearing fruit for Bavaria, The trade of food, clothing and ammunition to the countries expanding their militaries had paid off and now Bavaria could gain any product easily. Nikolaus also informed Conrad that the Chinese and Germans were suppling each other with trade goods. As Conrad was getting no news from the outside world apart from him and the Fascist party newspaper, Nikolaus informed Conrad that Albert Sarruat was elected as president of the French counsel.

EconomicBoost.jpg

Trade-1.jpg

Trade-2.jpg

German-SinoCo-operation.jpg

Nikolaus also told Conrad that the Police brigade that his factory was providing weapons for was deployed to guard Field Marshall Goring’s person and HQ.

NewPoliceBrigade.jpg

Late in June the Fascist party Newspaper actually gave Conrad some real news, that King George the 5th of England... was dead!!!

DeathofGeorgethe5th.jpg

Conrad then pondered what the death of the great monarch would mean for Bavaria and the world for that matter.

Until the next installment! Chapter 1. part 3. Training II.

Edit: Kesselring Pic Gone

Last edited:
Not wanting to be a party pooper, but you'll have to edit that picture of Kesserling and remove the swastika from his hat. Such images are not allowed on this forum (I think it's because it's an international forum and displaying the swastika is illegal in some countries).

Just thought I'd point it out before someone else battered you for it ;)

Nice AAR though - I love alt history so keep up the good work!

I cannot understand how your IC is somehow lower than Finlands in 36?
Wasn't Bayern quite industrialised?
Maybe not on the same scale as Rheinland, but still.

Chapter 1.3 Training II

2 assignments done! Thankfully the last one is due on Friday and I can finish the Update :D

GERM0051.gif

Chapter 1.3 Training II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Urgent Message from President Goppel to Commander in Chief Goring)
Feldmarschall Goring,
As you may already know, during this month, two events have happened in which have grave consequences from Europe. During this month of July 1936 the Germans once again violated the Treaty of Versailles.

Re-occupationoftheRhineland.jpg

In addition to this open violation of a peace treaty, the Spanish Nationalist have murdered a important republican and have now risen up in arms and have taken much of the North-west of the Country side overnight.

SpanishCivilWarTriggers.jpg

SpainishCivilWar.jpg

I want the men of the 3rd Ready for service as soon as possible. The World seems to be erupting, and I want Bavaria ready for the Disaster.

Conrad sighed as he looked at the orders in for the Morning.
‘Meet on the Rifle Range for immediate Rifle training at 1000 sharp.’
Huh, they were actually going to do something today.

On the range Sergeant Gottifred commanded the Kompanie to form a semi-circle around him.
“ALRIGHT, MEN, SETTLE DOWN!!” “Today you will be learning how to fire and Reload you Kar 98K’s!”
There was excited murmuring from amongst the troops.
“Assuming you know how to maintain your rifles!” the Sergeant Exclaimed, eyeing the men who were still on ‘Scheiße Pflicht.’ “Now then! As you can see, the Kar 98K is a Bolt action rifle. Firing requires a quick pull back of the bolt each time. It is quite repetitive but it is necessary to maintain the power of the rifle.”
“Before we get to the actual firing part of this training session, it is important you all know the safety required for the use of a weapon. Anyone caught without his safety off outside of the firing range will be placed on Scheiße Pflicht and will replace the men already on that job. Anyone caught screwing around with this weapon will be placed on reprimand for immediate punishment.”
“Now, look here as I show you how to load and or reload your weapon. You have to open the bolt by pulling it back, place a clip of cartridges in the clip guides, and press them down into the magazine. Now your weapon is loaded and ready to fire.” The sergeant took a step back and fired the rifle. The soldiers then looked down range and saw that he had hit directly in the middle of the Target some 200m down the field. The sergeant then pulled back the bolt and explained “Now your Kar is ready to fire again!” Conrad and the rest of the men then started clapping for the Sergeant. The sergeant happily accepted their praise and each man stepped up and had a shot at the target. Conrad’s shot was okay but not the best.

(Message from Divisional Commander Kesselring to COC Goring)
Feldmarschall Goring,

Today the men started their rifle training. As you asked I have accelerated up their training time and we are training at a faster pace. In addition to this I have had all their uniforms delivered and pressed ready for handing out in the Morning. It is my estimate that the men will be ready for active service in late August.

Division Commander Kesselring
3. Infanterie Division
Bad Reichenhall

Cya in 3 days People :D

Sorry guys, i've got to put this AAR on hold me and a bunch of guys for uni are going to see the Montebello islands, The site of the British Nuclear tests. It's for my studies and i'm sure i'll come back refreshed and ready to restart this AAR :D.

Either that or radio-active . . .

Ah - that's a shame matey. Slap your brother for me, will you? ;)

Still, these things happen - I've had two AARs crash and burn due to corrupt save games or my own trigger-happy-file-deletion antics.

I'm sure your next one will be equally entertaining!