• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What do you guys hate the most? And since hate is a strong word, it can be what you really, really dislike as well :)

I really hate injustice, I have been known to throw a book or two into a wall whenever I read about some kind of injustice that happens to a character unless they really deserved it. Can't do that anymore, my ebook reader is more fragile than pocketbooks...

In terms of food, I hate boiled egg yolks. The texture is too much and the taste... Yuck!

Absolutely, you know how to contact me! A fan meetup in Autumn would be great too, it would be warm enough that I could sleep on the street without fear of freezing to death, this would significantly cut down on accomadation costs and leave me more money for beer ;)

Maybe you just prefer sleeping on the street but I do have a couch you know ;)

Then your broccoli wasn't prepared right, because it doesn't really have a strong smell and it tastes pretty good as a side vegetable.

Brussel Sprouts, however, I dislike as well.

I mean broccoli in any form. Boiled is the worst, but I also can't eat them raw, steamed or anything. I have a really keen sense of smell so if I don't like the smell of something, even if it is faint, that is a deal-breaker.

What does DLC stand for?

Is it possible in Paradox games to make so it that instead of armies from moving from one province chunk to another province chunk, to make it so that armies on the map walk on the land in the map? Total War is the best example i think.

Won't happen any time soon, as that would involve a lot of possible locations, making it impossible to do a decent strategic AI.

don't change the AI, change the graphics to display the unit walking via the line, but internally to AI no changes
or split display of walking units into two half-tone sprites: one half-tone sprite stands in the original province, the other half-tone sprite walks
or it is the walking unit that should be half-tone

don't change the AI, change the graphics to display the unit walking via the line, but internally to AI no changes
or split display of walking units into two half-tone sprites: one half-tone sprite stands in the original province, the other half-tone sprite walks

I don't think the question was so much about a graphical change. To avoid the need to pinpoint enemy armies in a free move system, there could be zone-of-control around units, depending on army size, and geopraphical properties which could help the ai to move toops around. But I guess at the moment this discussion is rather unnecessary, the system won't change anytime soon.
While changing the province system at the moment might not be feasible, I hope Paradox strives to improve the engine and gameplay overtime as much as possible.

Will there ever be a "Victoria II Complete edition"? A pacakge that groups Victoria II, AHD and all the dlc into one? Honestly the lack of this is all that is keeping me from getting it. :p

Is it possible in Paradox games to make so it that instead of armies from moving from one province chunk to another province chunk, to make it so that armies on the map walk on the land in the map? Total War is the best example i think.

Won't happen any time soon, as that would involve a lot of possible locations, making it impossible to do a decent strategic AI.

I don't think the question was so much about a graphical change. To avoid the need to pinpoint enemy armies in a free move system, there could be zone-of-control around units, depending on army size, and geopraphical properties which could help the ai to move toops around. But I guess at the moment this discussion is rather unnecessary, the system won't change anytime soon.
While changing the province system at the moment might not be feasible, I hope Paradox strives to improve the engine and gameplay overtime as much as possible.

I mean the graphics of walking unit but not actually moving annoys me a lot since EUI times. Just change the graphics, no need to perform major AI rewrite.

I really hate injustice, I have been known to throw a book or two into a wall whenever I read about some kind of injustice that happens to a character unless they really deserved it. Can't do that anymore, my ebook reader is more fragile than pocketbooks...

In terms of food, I hate boiled egg yolks. The texture is too much and the taste... Yuck!

Amusing, you sound just like a female friend of mine xD

Paradox, why are rebels and the population never happy and keep revolting? I can never please them, no matter what i do. :(. I am particularly looking at Victoria 2, with constant communist, reactionaries and liberals revolts.

Paradox, why are rebels and the population never happy and keep revolting? I can never please them, no matter what i do. :(. I am particularly looking at Victoria 2, with constant communist, reactionaries and liberals revolts.

Because your playing Vicky 2 instead of Vicky 1 ;)

This is a question better suited for the Victoria 2 forum. It is not impossible. :)

Make sure there's combo packs of Game + All available expansion packs though. It's nice to have the discount after a game is out for a few years.

Steam always does that for example. Almost always. You can get the base game, and the all the DLC's and expansions with one more click. So that would be two clicks instead of one.
If it is the discount you're after, just wait until your favourite online retailer have a sale.