• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Listening to it now, on YouTube. :D

I don't think that's a PDS game.

It isn't. It's a PI game, they publish it. This thread is for PDS, their dev studio. :)

I just had to respond to Falalan. I actually downloaded it and is on my pendrive in the car. Although it's in the playlist with hundreds of others (completely different types), I do get that funny stare by occasional passengers if it turns on... You know, the - he's crazy, but it's his car, let's just keep quite and hope for the best - stare :)

There are 2 such songs from my 17 years of gaming experience. The other is one of the tetris songs from the original Nintendo gameboy. I still have it burnt into my brain, but can't find it on youtube though... I'll just have to make due with the version in my head. Talk about gaming not making you mental :)

Who's guilty of being on vacation and still checking this forum?

after the first 2 days I managed to stay away actually, which I'm quite proud of. I did sort of come into the office while the weather was bad to play Twilight Imperium though (N'orr victory!)

Speaking of. Any Linux users on the dev team? What's your distro of choice?

Apprehensive about Windows 8 coming out? There can sometimes be compatibility issues with a new OS, can't there?

doubt it will be much of a problem. Vista was a hassle because so many drivers were very bad and many got it early. The driver model hasnt changed for 8 so I'm not too worried. I also dont really see a point in upgrading. Win7 does what I need a windows computer to do (play games in fullscreen and run code editor in fullscreen).

Speaking of. Any Linux users on the dev team? What's your distro of choice?

OSX these days ;P it gives me all strengths of linux (well bsd), I dont have to spend so much time keeping up to date and tweaked. While I was a student with free time I ran Gentoo, Arch Linux and ubuntu. OSX package managers arent quite up to gentoo's though which are still the best if you want to compile bleeding edge, but binary installs work better.

doubt it will be much of a problem. Vista was a hassle because so many drivers were very bad and many got it early. The driver model hasnt changed for 8 so I'm not too worried. I also dont really see a point in upgrading. Win7 does what I need a windows computer to do (play games in fullscreen and run code editor in fullscreen).

I found out yesterday I should be able to upgrade for about €32, so I'll probly get it, but I'm relieved to hear you say this cause if there were going to be issues with PDS games I would have left it.

I found out yesterday I should be able to upgrade for about €32, so I'll probly get it, but I'm relieved to hear you say this cause if there were going to be issues with PDS games I would have left it.

well, I havent tested myself yet so no guarantees :)

So with Rome II Total War coming out next year, think it'll be good enough to outpace Rome I?

And uh, think you guys can give some pointers to Creative Assembly on diplomacy? They seem a bit rash about good campaign AI last few games... :p

Last question, IF you could make a game like Rome II (full budget, enough people to do it, VERY lax timeline to finish) would you (and how) do it?

Thanks XD

OSX these days ;P it gives me all strengths of linux (well bsd), I dont have to spend so much time keeping up to date and tweaked. While I was a student with free time I ran Gentoo, Arch Linux and ubuntu. OSX package managers arent quite up to gentoo's though which are still the best if you want to compile bleeding edge, but binary installs work better.

Gentoo rocks! Though I'm thinking of going to Arch, because I'm tired of the compiling time and still want rolling releases. And I'll probably put Mint on my notebook.

Gentoo rocks! Though I'm thinking of going to Arch, because I'm tired of the compiling time and still want rolling releases. And I'll probably put Mint on my notebook.

I've been using Gentoo since 2004, and I'd probably wouldn't even have Windows installed if it wasn't for Paradox games. So... thank you very much. :p

Last question, IF you could make a game like Rome II (full budget, enough people to do it, VERY lax timeline to finish) would you (and how) do it?

Do you mean like we did with CK2?

Well in a way, i could see you guys do something along the lines of CK2 (with more grandstrategy and economics from Vic2/EU3), im asking really if PDS could or would make a paradox-style version of Creative Assembly's Rome II anyway you wanted.