• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When is Communist China released? I intend to play as them. Around 1925 I suppose?
Comchi won't be an active faction until quite late. It will be simulated via event, similar to how Manchu restoration will work. Event simulation isn't ingame yet though.

Some placeholder events:
Code:
# Formation of Jiangxi Soviet

event = {
	id = 133011901
	random = no
	country = CHI

name = "Jiangxi Soviet"
	desc = "This is a placeholder event."

#picture = ""
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = 10 year = 1931 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 2 month = 10 year = 1931 }

action = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = independence which = CHC value = 1 }
		command = { type = secedearea which = CHC value = "Jiangxi" when = 2 }
		command = { type = secedearea which = CHC value = "Fujian" when = 2 }
		command = { type = secedearea which = CHI value = "Shaanxi" when = 2 }
	}
}
# Long March (Move to 1934-1935 ingame)

event = {
	id = 133011907
	random = no
	country = CHC

name = "Long March"
	desc = "This is a placeholder event."

#picture = ""
	style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = 11 year = 1931 }
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 2 month = 11 year = 1931 }

action = {
		name = "OK"
		command = { type = secedearea which = CHC value = "Shaanxi" when = 2 }
		command = { type = secedearea which = CHI value = "Jiangxi" when = 2 }
		command = { type = secedearea which = CHI value = "Fujian" when = 2 }

}
}

Some more details:
-UCH will get some events telling it about rise of communism.
-Wuhan KMT faction will also represent the communists.
-If moderates in KMT/CHC win, then coalition government will happen.
-Otherwise, per historic, Wuhan gets annexed, communists try to flee south (and get badly beaten)
-Jiangxi gets released (above)
-Long March from 1931-1934/1935

Last edited:
Has there been any talk of integrating this into the main game? I mean, this is what most people expected from the start...

Comchi won't be an active faction until quite late. It will be simulated via event, similar to how Manchu restoration will work. Event simulation isn't ingame yet though.
Hmmh, I suppose I'll just go with 1936 scenario this time then.

Commie China is one of my favorite nations, though it requires a great deal of cheat and custom event to give it historical odds to win the civil war.
The ideal situation for me is a post-BP united China, so everyone hates me and I need to take on both Allies and Axis the same time.

That sounds interesting, how would that play out?

Probably with tons of rebels on both sides.

I have tons of things to implement before that though.

-Political instability and rapid minister change for Beiyang (requires tons of research and event coding since ai won't change ministers by self)
-A Sino-Japanese alliance event chain
-Sino-foreign industry investment event chain
-Joining the T. Entente integration with end result of war
-Possibility of joining C. Powers
-The following events for Constitutional Protection (probably will require many event id expansions in implementation):
Code:
# CHI 133011500 Formation of the Chinese Revolutionary Party.
# CHI 133011501 Formation of the Chinese KMT 1919
# CHI 133011502 Guangdong-Guangxi War - Release CGX. 1920-1921
# CHI 133011502 New Guangxi Forms - Peace with CGX, CGX is couped, made puppet of CHI. 1921
# CHI 133011503 Planning the Northern Expedition
# CHI 133011504 Chen Jiaoming's Rebellion - Alliance with CYN. 1922
# CHI 133011505 Yunnan/Guizhou-Guangxi War - war over KMT 1925
# CHI 133011506 Hu Hanmin exiled. - 1925
# CHI 133011507 Chen Jiaoming's Final Rebellion - 1925
# CHI 133011508 KMT Split - The Wuhan Faction. Releases U74. - 1926
# CHI 133011509 Zhongshan Warship Incident - 1926
# CHI 133011510 Northern Expedition Succeeds
# CHI 133011511 Northern Expedition Fails
# CYN 133011512 Fall of Tang Jiyao
# CXB 133011513 Changing of the Guard
# SIK 133011514 Changing of the Guard

Since my todo list is quite long, I'm going to write this:

I ALSO ACCEPT EVENT SUGGESTION/IDEAS/CONTRIBUTIONS! :D
(I know Burning is recruiting which is good)

Last edited:
For the sake of alternate history, a human controlled Communist China should have relative chances to win the civil war early, for example if KMT fails in reuniting China.

For the sake of alternate history, a human controlled Communist China should have relative chances to win the civil war early, for example if KMT fails in reuniting China.

Don't worry, it'll be possible. I'm looking forward to 1.03 and max strength modifiers.
Highest chance of CHC victory will be through alliance with Wuhan faction though. I don't think Comchi by self had a high chance of victory militarily with just Jiangxi soviet resources....although if they get some warlord help............hm...you will have a chance with Jiangxi soviet. Can't guarantee that high (CSX would have to join CHC, SIK would need to be successfully couped by USSR to help crush CXB, CGX would need to fall in the earlier chc march south. SIK/CSX would knock out CXB, then turn south and knock out CYN. You would rush for Jiangsu from Jiangxi while your CGX industry produces troops. CSX would have to rush for northerneastern industry as well. Probably ignore the rest of china since industry bases are there, and you could win)

I can guarantee you CHC will have a good chance to unify china post wwii though. I already wrote events from old CCIP to do that. 40+ (historic) free units, ability to mobilize to full strength early, supply cost bonuses.

Last edited:
@ Burning:

Do you want me to advertise the mod here?
Google Translate of AAR is:
武器,停战和革命
[Weapons], [Armistice], and [Revolution]
Reverse translation,
军火,停战和革命
[Arms], [Truce] and [Revolution]

Alternatives for 武器
军备 [Army Supplies]
军火 [Army Firepower]
Alternative for 停战
休战 [Truce (temporary lull as both sides regroup)]
Might be able to find someone more knowledgeable on Chinese history than me.

我只是一个海外华人,三岁出国,所以我翻译的不太好。

军火,停战和革命(AAR)把DH1914年战役连接到经典的1936年盛大的战役,从而提供半世纪的政治,经济和社会动荡。 AAR修改二战的主要国家,让个国,在新的(非)世界大战历史里,追他们的梦想和愿望。 当然你可以改变历史的路径的并创建一个非常不同的第二次世界大战。

更多有关AARMOD(英文)在http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?555318aarmod.cfuchs.net

如果你想帮助做一个中文版,欢迎在任何网站联系我们

And of course, the funny Google reverse translation if anyone is interested.
Hello, everyone!

I'm just an overseas Chinese, three-year-old to go abroad, so my translation is not very good.

Arms, truce and revolutionary (AAR) the DH1914 annual campaign to connect to the classic 1936 grand campaign, which provides a half-century of political, economic and social unrest. AAR to modify the major countries of the World War II, to allow countries to chase their dreams and aspirations in the new (non-) World War history. Of course you can change the path of history and created a very different World War II.

The more about AARMOD of (English) in http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hs.net.

If you want to help a Chinese version, welcome to contact us at any site

Last edited:
There seems to be many Chinese Mods around for HoI2 and its derivates (but maybe it's only due bad google translation). But I'm not able to download any of them. :(

Edit: DH seems to be more popular in China than in Germany. Hey, they even play Mod1914.

Last edited:
There seems to be many Chinese Mods around for HoI2 and its derivates (but maybe it's only due bad google translation). But I'm not able to download any of them. :(

Edit: DH seems to be more popular in China than in Germany. Hey, they even play Mod1914.

Download links are for members only I think.

They do have a compendium mod, which seems interesting. AI improvement, TRP, Mod 33, and some others. That (MiH), 1914, and KR seem to be the major mods people play there though.

Also, lots of them seem to be using B1 instead of 1.02FINAL.

Last edited:
@ Burning:

Do you want me to advertise the mod here?
武器,停战和革命
Reverse translation,
军火,停战和革命

Alternatives for 武器
军备 [Army Supplies]
军火 [Army Firepower]
Alternative for 停战

我只是一个海外华人,三岁出国,所以我翻译的不太好。

军火,停战和革命(AAR)把DH1914年战役连接到经典的1936年盛大的战役,从而提供半世纪的政治,经济和社会动荡。 AAR修改二战的主要国家,让个国,在新的(非)世界大战历史里,追他们的梦想和愿望。 当然你可以改变历史的路径的并创建一个非常不同的第二次世界大战。

更多有关AARMOD(英文)在http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?555318aarmod.cfuchs.net

如果你想帮助做一个中文版,欢迎在任何网站联系我们

And of course, the funny Google reverse translation if anyone is interested.
Hello, everyone!

I'm just an overseas Chinese, three-year-old to go abroad, so my translation is not very good.

Arms, truce and revolutionary (AAR) the DH1914 annual campaign to connect to the classic 1936 grand campaign, which provides a half-century of political, economic and social unrest. AAR to modify the major countries of the World War II, to allow countries to chase their dreams and aspirations in the new (non-) World War history. Of course you can change the path of history and created a very different World War II.

The more about AARMOD of (English) in http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hs.net.

i can do it for ya, i know chinese and i am chinese, i'll be good with that stuff

I'd need Burning's okay (since he's the owner of AAR more or less) whatguts, but if you are interested, welcome (tentatively) aboard!

That, and it took me forever to translate that from English by reading the words pinyin.

Playing right now. Started off as Yunnan Clique---> Nationalist China. Everything proceeded smoothly as i had China essentially handed over to me as Imperial China self destructed. Northern Expedition went off without a hitch and i got most of China (36 scen borders essentially), only problem is that there isnt very much fighting to simulate the Civil Wars cuz i coulda sworn i've seen a bunch of events kicking off some wars between warlords and CHC. Beat the ever living crap out of NIP and got Korea but i guess there's no early Fading Sun event ala CCIP, so i white peaced just to get things rollings. CHC formed late and then they did the Long March when we werent at war (i let them live cuz i was curious what they would do), i guess the mod is still in early form, but i'm wondering if all the those wonderful Arma/DD CCIP events are still in game? I did some DB checking and didnt see them, so its kinda sad i wont get the cool Fading Sun event and get back my Korea and Taiwan possessions as well as upgrading and giving me some more tech teams to make up for the absolute garbage i've had to deal with up to that point. Although being able to buy blueprints even from non allies is a HUGE boon.

Currently tooling around 36, wondering if i should just start an inconclusive war with CHC to get the Xi'an incident. However i wonder if NIP still has Marco Polo active since they dont have Manchuria and i whooped them hard in the Mukden incident.

Do i need to restart from Mukden and lose so i can get the CCIP events synced in?

Edit: I also seem to be missing Admirals and Airforce commanders

Last edited:
Old CCIP will be rewritten from scratch due to a variety of reasons (the don't change vanilla '36 scenario policy, different minister/leader/tech ids, addition of new cliques that may or may not exist, and of course my lack of time testing the inclusion of old CCIP events).

Now, if you downloaded old CCIP and manually installed it (not that hard), and it somehow works (I'd be interested in knowing what breaks and what doesn't, if it mostly works outside of the box with some small errors, I'd include it into AAR pretty fast), your savegame won't trigger anything since Marco Polo requires Japanese Troops in Zhili area, and of course, old CCIP is expecting a "country" called the Hebei Autonomous Province to exist (along with other stuff like deactivated 200th Division, predefined units for Eighth Route Army, New Fourth Army, etc).

Sorry. :(

(I haven't even touched leaders at all, so no idea why you have none if base CHI should have them).

Vanilla china events should be ingame and afaik, the devs have a very similar Fading Sun as the HOI2:ARMA CCIP. (I mainly fixed some bugs in DH CCIP in regard to linking to other CCIP events)

Last edited:
I'd need Burning's okay (since he's the owner of AAR more or less) whatguts, but if you are interested, welcome (tentatively) aboard!

That, and it took me forever to translate that from English by reading the words pinyin.

Sure thing! I guess you don't really need my OK for doing things just like that, and it will help the mod in the end. In general you can assume it's OK for me, unless i just cry out loud ;).

@ Burning:
武器,停战和革命
Reverse translation,
军火,停战和革命

Alternatives for 武器
军备 [Army Supplies]
军火 [Army Firepower]
Alternative for 停战

Personally i like 军火,停战和革命 better, but that might be a great introductory question for that forum: What would be the appropriate translation? I know, east asian languages are very sensitive when it comes to nuances of wording and their proper choice.

Hello, everyone!

lol, yea, that's machine-translation... always good a laugh. When will be your fourth birthday? I'm impressed that you do modding at that age :D.

Last edited:
what about 军炮, 休战, 和革命?
Army Cannons (Artillery)?

Dunno. I think we'll use 军火,停战和革命 unless Burning changes his mind.
# ENG 133027002 Fund Tibetan Rebels?
# TIB 133027003 Tibetan-Nepal War
# TIB 133027004 Tibetan-Bhutan War
# ENG 133027005 Tibet Seizes British Nepal!
# ENG 133027006 Tibet Seizes British Bhutan!
# TIB 133027007 Reclaiming Xikang
# *** 133027008 Tibetan Uprising
# TIB 133027009 Reclaiming Qinghai
# CXB 133027010 Tibetan Uprising
# CYN 133027011 Tibetan Uprising
# CHI 133027012 Tibetan Uprising
# UCH 133027013 Tibetan Uprising
# TIB 133027014 Seek British Assistance
# ENG 133027015 Tibet Seeks Intervention
# TIB 133027016 British Intervention