• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hehe, really? Interesting! Thankfully it doesn't have side effects on the game, besides preventing quick-annexing nations (which i personally consider gamey). The next version of AAR will be released soon anyway, and will contain a LOT of new functions. Such as:

Whether or not you consider it gamey, you should still un-implement it (though I realize it was an accident). Completely nerfs Germany in terms of Blitzkrieg (if you have to get every purpose, it defeats the purpose of "breakthrough, than speed past the enemy"). :)

Whether or not you consider it gamey, you should still un-implement it (though I realize it was an accident). Completely nerfs Germany in terms of Blitzkrieg (if you have to get every purpose, it defeats the purpose of "breakthrough, than speed past the enemy"). :)

Not if there are peace events triggered by % province owned instead of VP. I generally try to use the new % triggers myself. That aside, until old events get converted, I know most players would like to have the old VP system. (I agree with burning on gameyness)

Not if there are peace events triggered by % province owned instead of VP. I generally try to use the new % triggers myself. That aside, until old events get converted, I know most players would like to have the old VP system. (I agree with burning on gameyness)

The problem with that is that you need to make peace events for every possible outcome not only that but if your nation isn't scripted for peace events, annexing anybody will turnout to be a pain in the rear end.

The problem with that is that you need to make peace events for every possible outcome not only that but if your nation isn't scripted for peace events, annexing anybody will turnout to be a pain in the rear end.

nah, you only have a handful of generic events for beating nations (France, Russia, Soviet-Bitter Peace, Britain, Japan, ...). You don't need specific ones for each outcome (but you could have, of course, but that indeed would be overkill).

Err, blitzkrieg in HOI2 is implemented differently, and does not depend on quick-annexing. There is no single nation in Europe you could annex that way. In contrast to Africa or South America, where there are very few VP-provinces originally, that of course might be different. But Germany was in Europe, last time i looked, wasn't it?
Blitzkrieg depends on you having faster units, thereby allowing you to rush over a hostile nation, creating isolated islands of resistance VS a unified front.

Now, please stop lobbying on this, as there really is no point. There have been too many repetitive postings on this topic, and it's not really productive. The VPs will not be part of the next release of AAR, but WILL (have to) return at a later point for the dynamic resource system to function.

Last edited:
Hi! i have a big problem with the game that it's driving me mad! The second industrial revolution turn down the IC-building bonification in -200%.
I think this is totally unlogical, as a industrial revolution teorically increases the rythm of IC-building. In addition, that -200% makes impossible to grow up industrially with a small country such a spain, which has a low starting IC and it's needed to increase it if u want to make it a world power country.

Could anyone tell me in which file can I modify this?

Thanks!

Hi! i have a big problem with the game that it's driving me mad! The second industrial revolution turn down the IC-building bonification in -200%.
I think this is totally unlogical, as a industrial revolution teorically increases the rythm of IC-building. In addition, that -200% makes impossible to grow up industrially with a small country such a spain, which has a low starting IC and it's needed to increase it if u want to make it a world power country.

Could anyone tell me in which file can I modify this?

Thanks!

The events you are looking for are in AAR-ALL-Interwar Setup.txt.

However, this is intentional. If you remove it, the AI will build IC in crazy masses, and create superpower UK or USA. I would be very interested in your suggestions on how to better represent this.

Err, blitzkrieg in HOI2 is implemented differently, and does not depend on quick-annexing. There is no single nation in Europe you could annex that way. In contrast to Africa or South America, where there are very few VP-provinces originally, that of course might be different. But Germany was in Europe, last time i looked, wasn't it?
Blitzkrieg depends on you having faster units, thereby allowing you to rush over a hostile nation, creating isolated islands of resistance VS a unified front.

Now, please stop lobbying on this, as there really is no point. There have been too many repetitive postings on this topic, and it's not really productive. The VPs will not be part of the next release of AAR, but WILL (have to) return at a later point for the dynamic resource system to function.

You are horribly wrong in this matter. If there are less VP's, you can focus your sphereheads into a few areas, thus leading to a quicker annexation.

The difference between five VP's and forty is huge, I don't get why you don't understand this, haha.

The only way I could see an exception is if there were to be an event to auto-annex if a certain amount of VP's are captured (rather than the default of all main VP's, albeit the Soviet Union/France). For instance, Japan having to capture all provinces in order to knock out China would be a nightmare.

But if you're determined to implement a feature a majority seems to not want, than by all means. I'm not a modder anymore and have no input there-of. ;)
Curious to see how this will alter dynamic resources, hope it shall even itself out.

You are horribly wrong in this matter. If there are less VP's, you can focus your sphereheads into a few areas, thus leading to a quicker annexation.

The difference between five VP's and forty is huge, I don't get why you don't understand this, haha.

The only way I could see an exception is if there were to be an event to auto-annex if a certain amount of VP's are captured (rather than the default of all main VP's, albeit the Soviet Union/France). For instance, Japan having to capture all provinces in order to knock out China would be a nightmare.

But if you're determined to implement a feature a majority seems to not want, than by all means. I'm not a modder anymore and have no input there-of. ;)
Curious to see how this will alter dynamic resources, hope it shall even itself out.
Unless you want to fill a database-event with valid provinces for dynamic resources, using VP is a much easier generic way to track provinces.

That aside, I disagree that all VPs makes blitzkreig hard. Dev version's had all VP's for ages and I still see blitzkrieg fine by ai Germany in my numerous tests. Many areas terrain isn't suitable for blitzkrieg anyway.\

Won't be many updates from me Burning until I get better, got sick today with the stomach flu or something, dizzy and throwing up != easy to code.

Playing this with a lot of enjoyment, thanks Burning!

Just a quick question:

- it's 1928 and I lost the war as germany, then became weimar and now back to nationalist germany. I cannot seem to get any trade deals, auto-trade can't nor can I manually... I'm trying to trade 100 coal for 0.1 money but no-one will accept it (italy, spain, japan, china, US, UK, Russia). Is there something that could be causing this? As as far as I know it should trade 2.4 coal for 0.1 money at 100% (from resource_values.csv).

i have been playing this mode for a while and i love it...and I don't want to blab around about bugs since most of the ones i encountered are already mentioned here...only one thing...can you make event for Serbia after WW1, that allows Serbia to choose if it wants Yugoslavia to be created or not...it has been pretty disputed question at the time....

Playing this with a lot of enjoyment, thanks Burning!

Just a quick question:

- it's 1928 and I lost the war as germany, then became weimar and now back to nationalist germany. I cannot seem to get any trade deals, auto-trade can't nor can I manually... I'm trying to trade 100 coal for 0.1 money but no-one will accept it (italy, spain, japan, china, US, UK, Russia). Is there something that could be causing this? As as far as I know it should trade 2.4 coal for 0.1 money at 100% (from resource_values.csv).

Have you checked how much money those countries have? Some events give countries negative money, even if they are in "surplus"

i have been playing this mode for a while and i love it...and I don't want to blab around about bugs since most of the ones i encountered are already mentioned here...only one thing...can you make event for Serbia after WW1, that allows Serbia to choose if it wants Yugoslavia to be created or not...it has been pretty disputed question at the time....
They will be in the next release :)

There will be some minister weirdness with the next version since I can't figure out why random ministers that are not defined are appearing ingame.

There will be some minister weirdness with the next version since I can't figure out why random ministers that are not defined are appearing ingame.

random ministers? You mean: randomly generated by the engine?