• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Funny thing: people who coded this in ... (how long took development?) are paid for that :D.
They are considered to be professional - we are just the amateurs...

Yes Sardar Shah Wali Khan really must have been one hell of a general! I wonder, what remarkable, hitherto completely unknown Afghan work of history they must have consulted. Well, aside from their coding skills, which I am really not qualified to judge it would seem to me that the new generation (if that's what they are) of Paradox coders, simply are not interested in history (Hallo, a WW2 simulation without Manchukuo??), which is odd since they claim to be making historical games.

Well anyway after a brief look at Hoi4, I will most certainly not touch it again, which means I have mor time for AOD and my mod. So it's just as well!!!

Funny thing: people who coded this in ... (how long took development?) are paid for that :D.
They are considered to be professional - we are just the amateurs...
And this is why you should, seriously, apply with Paradox for a paid job.

After all, you wouldn't be the first forumite to rise to such a position (take the examples of former modders/game experts like Wiz, DDRJake etc.).

Well i already have a job which is probably (actually: most likely :D) paid better than a job a PDS.
On the other hand that could be fun?

Well i already have a job which is probably (actually: most likely :D) paid better than a job a PDS.
On the other hand that could be fun?

Good for you and why am I not surprised! And think about it, how many compromises you would have to make. Afghanistan, hey they need a skill 5 field marshall! Much better to do it just for fun!

Good for you and why am I not surprised! And think about it, how many compromises you would have to make. Afghanistan, hey they need a skill 5 field marshall! Much better to do it just for fun!
Just imagine the scene...

PDS guy: "Listen, we need to fill some gaps for a given number of smaller countries in HoI4. You can start from Afghanistan, just give them a 5 star Field Marshal, put there any picture you fancy and then proceed with the other nations. Nobody will give a s**t... we're not striving for historical accuracy anymore".

Bestmajor: "Well, during my previous, years-long modding work for HoI, HoI2 and AoD I've already gathered some 352 pictures for Afghani leaders, all of which portraying the right people and not, as in some previous releases, totally random guys some of which where even dead at the time the games take place. If you wish I can lend you the folder where I store them and you can make use of th..."

PDS guy: "Ok, look, this is the office where we develop Stellaris, our newest franchise. It's new, it's shiny, it takes place in space - you'll love it!"

:D

Last edited:
Then I don't know either, but he does sure look like Sheik Maktoum.

As for Sheen, they might have taken inspiration from his role in "Machete kills" where he plays a hilarious US President... but I guess we'll never know unless we ask PI themselves :)

Hi all,

it's rather obvious that i stopped modding since last year. Now since there are thousands of hours in my leaders projects i want to share all the stuff i produced for my favorite game series. Fell free to use everything in your mods if you like.

Everybody who wants can use, rename, retag or do whatever he/she/it wants with my mods - as long as it stays anti-racist, anti-revisionist, anti-fascist and non-commercial and integrate my stuff in their mods. I used to be very restrictive and sometimes silly in the past, sorry for that.
A mention / aknowledgement is expected and would be nice.

Be aware that integrating my images in a vanilla database is impossible since i created my own database. This especially true for the Soviet Union.

The .csvs contain thousands of footnotes about changes, name corrections, etc.
In case you need a certain source image post here and i'll upload this one. I still have a couple of gigabites on my HD (source images, coloured images, etc - sorted by country).

Please post all questions in my threads and do not send PMs.

best regards,
bm

So we are not going to see version 50? A real shame. I might come back to you about using some of your work, when the time comes. Anyway thanks for all the work you put into this. I hope you will still visit this forum from time to time.

@Fab: unless another modder pics up the torch, no. but learning the programm "recolored" https://recolored.de.softonic.com/ t<akes about 2 minutes and everybody is able to do this. It's cheap and there is even a 3weeks trial version for free availablle.

@Adolphin The SU iss completely in colour. Japan still needs about 10 B&W images both from the vanilla game and my B&W japanese mod. Most of them are hidden ministers, though (like the leninist chief of navy and such people you neverr really see ingame).

Hey if anyone cares I, once again, have merged all files together accordingly so you simply have to paste this into your AoD directory like any other regular mod. Not gonna lie, it was rather meticulous but worth the trouble. Enjoy.

https://ufile.io/6bxyqxu4

Oh yeah I should probably add that I've only tested it with the, as of now, latest 1.12 patch and I'd encourage you to be using the same version too.

Last edited:
Hey if anyone cares I, once again, have merged all files together accordingly so you simply have to paste this into your AoD directory like any other regular mod. Not gonna lie, it was rather meticulous but worth the trouble. Enjoy.

https://ufile.io/6bxyqxu4

Oh yeah I should probably add that I've only tested it with the, as of now, latest 1.12 patch and I'd encourage you to be using the same version too.
Link is dead. Could you reupload it somewhere else ?