• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Casluerj said:
But we cant forget about the long-term balance, the most important one. This is THE time of OE and Spain after we will only have problems and bad events, I fear that this can damage the balanced. Maybe it was because that that Ryo's make this option available.
well... you have a point, but I still find it a bit too much of a help... again I ask for a consensus within the group in order to decide this...

another thing... it seems to me that this Iccky is no longer interested or haven't got to forum in the past couple of weeks, because he hasn't replied my PMs... so, that seat is open.. I still want (and prefer) a human-POR.. but if we can't anyone else, so be it....

the_genius said:
more or less yes... we can get to 3 hours without problems I think...

Most games usually are around 3 - 4 hours anyways. The thing is, you said Max. 3 hours, implying there will possibly be times when we play under 3 hours. Its just been my experience that any session under 3 hours is a session better off not played at all. I think our goal should be to play atleast 3 hours a session.

I know you are the GM, but you said you were new to it, so I'm only giving suggestions on how I feel (as I can't speak for everyone) :)

Philip II said:
Most games usually are around 3 - 4 hours anyways. The thing is, you said Max. 3 hours, implying there will possibly be times when we play under 3 hours. Its just been my experience that any session under 3 hours is a session better off not played at all. I think our goal should be to play atleast 3 hours a session.

I know you are the GM, but you said you were new to it, so I'm only giving suggestions on how I feel (as I can't speak for everyone) :)

I agree, and if late people are being a problem, there is the option of a small bonus for people that show up on time as well.

Casluerj said:
But we cant forget about the long-term balance, the most important one. This is THE time of OE and Spain after we will only have problems and bad events, I fear that this can damage the balanced. Maybe it was because that that Ryo's make this option available.

This is just my opnion, thou.

Is there any other way to balance the scenario in the long term?
Because with early boost and extra cores we will be at mercy of the OE and Spain... 2000 ducats and higher tch level is something that will scare my citizens of Toulouse :wacko:

Another option could be banning the extra cores which will leave Spain and OE with their boost into their respective provinces and in the long term will create surprising and treacherous wars

delosandes said:
Is there any other way to balance the scenario in the long term?
Because with early boost and extra cores we will be at mercy of the OE and Spain... 2000 ducats and higher tch level is something that will scare my citizens of Toulouse :wacko:

Another option could be banning the extra cores which will leave Spain and OE with their boost into their respective provinces and in the long term will create surprising and treacherous wars

The more I look at this scenario, the less I think its as balanced as it claims to be...mainly since the event list, the leaders and monarchs, the natural enemies, and the geographical situations are not particualry balanced. Still, OE and Spain should have an advantage initally if only from their good generals/leaders and positioning.

Philip II said:

well yes, is good to have your opinions and suggestions, that's what I wanted... that way I can improve my knowledge (do I have any? :confused: .. lol)... and, yes, perhaps is too limitating that "max"... I was trying only to express that I don't want the session to extent more than 4 hours... to me, 3:30 hours is better....

I disagree with 4 hours, as I need to get up the next day for school. I believe that from 8:30 EST to 11:00-12:00 is best. I really can't go later than that.

The galley rule is fine, keep it.

On the oe and spain rules. There is a misconception that everyone starts out the same. But, this isn't true. Spain and OE both start a tech level behind in NT and LT, and with 500D. With the boost, they are even in tech and get 2k. This extra cash will be useful to build forts in the carribean to fend off invaders from taking all my islands. Oe, in vanilla, and PE 1492, also starts with 2k, and they should get this as caslu will be in war for most of the 16th century, as after this, if you don't have alot of provs, you're screwed cause of the events.

But, it's your descision, I've already got enough rules changed in my favour. :)

Formula51 said:
On the oe and spain rules. There is a misconception that everyone starts out the same. But, this isn't true. Spain and OE both start a tech level behind in NT and LT, and with 500D. With the boost, they are even in tech and get 2k. This extra cash will be useful to build forts in the carribean to fend off invaders from taking all my islands. Oe, in vanilla, and PE 1492, also starts with 2k, and they should get this as caslu will be in war for most of the 16th century, as after this, if you don't have alot of provs, you're screwed cause of the events.

To be sure that the 2k Ducats will be spend on colonizing (as Spain doesn’t start the scenario with colonies) I would like to ban the extra cores option... because we start with 500 ducats… 2000 ducats at 7 ducats 1000 infantry would be:
2000 * 1000 / 7 = 285.514 infantry units + "El gran capitan" + "Old duke of alba"... an overrunning army…

Formula51 said:
I disagree with 4 hours, as I need to get up the next day for school. I believe that from 8:30 EST to 11:00-12:00 is best. I really can't go later than that.
yes, that's what I said... three hours and a half and we are done :cool:...

Formula51 said:
The galley rule is fine, keep it.
:D... finally someone's agree!.. lol.... I'll wait for the rest to vote or give opinion about this...

Formula51 said:
Spain and OE both start a tech level behind in NT and LT, and with 500D. With the boost, they are even in tech and get 2k.
well, the last time I checked, every major has 6-6-2-2 without the boost... that's why I think it's more than a "valuable help".... well, the rest of you, give your opinion on this to finish it...

Formula51 said:

Assuming we are able to begin by 8:30 (Remember ALL to meet there by 8), having the end time be at 12 would definetly suit me perfectly :)

Formula, I have school to, and we both know that you are going to stay up late anyways ;) , might as well do it playing EU2! :)

Formula51 said:
I hope you realize that my extra cores are ALL on italy.
----------------------------------------------------

To All Nations:

Spain does not allow any nation without express permission to colonize in the areas given to spain by His Holiness. Any nation who violates this will recieve an immediate declaration of war, and the disputed colonies will be taken by Spain. We do, however, encourage colonization in other zones (most notably africa, with it's 2 gold provinces and 2 base 10+ provinces) and will provide military access to make colonization of these areas easier. A reasonable price for this can be arranged.

Her Majesty Queen Isabel,
Queen of Spain
Suzerain of Naples
Duchess of Sicily

This should eb posted in the AAR thread just so ppl know where to look when it comes to foreign policy such as this. :D

Philip II said:
Assuming we are able to begin by 8:30 (Remember ALL to meet there by 8), having the end time be at 12 would definetly suit me perfectly :)
hmm.. don't remember right now where is that EST time... it's US Eastern Time??
well...... all I know is that 1am GMT is 9pm here... uff...I'll have to stay up 'til 1am here... well, everything for our passion of playing EU2!! :D

Philip II said:
This should eb posted in the AAR thread just so ppl know where to look when it comes to foreign policy such as this. :D
yep.... try to move it Formula51.....

I will weigh in here with my few comments of worth. I generally believe in letting the GM set the rules and simply playing if they suit, finding a different game if they don't.

For me, I'd like just once to see a game that doesn't start with Spain colonizing 3/4 of the known world. But I'd also like to see a Spain who doesn't avoid the inflation events by refusing to do the historically accurate seizure of the Incan and Aztec Empires. Whatever, therefore, encourages an active Spain is fine by me.

Galleys should be left to Europe. They did not exist historically outside of Europe. I know they are useful to populate sea zones inexpensively to prevent pirates, but frankly, that's an exploit and shouldn't be allowed, either. :D

See everyone at 0100 GMT next Wednesday! :)

Part of the fun of EU for me is the chance to interact with people from all over the world: I'm looking forward to hosting the wacky Latin Americans, you guys seem like a fun bunch of characters. :) Just to be fair to you guys, I think arcorelli knows me, but for the rest I'm not exactly a legendary EU player, but I'm certainly an Old Salt who shouldn't be underestimated. Arcorelli is quite good too as I remember, as for the rest of you, we'll test your mettle!

Philip II said:
Dear lord, I think im getting way to in to the role playing in the AAR :eek:
And that's what we want! ;)... lol

@Elijah: yes, that's the good thing that I found with the MP possibilities of EU2, I've met a bunch of nice people in my short experience of it, so that is why I'm pretty excited about this... :D.... I hope everything will run smoothly... specially for England ;) :rofl:...