• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Elijah said:
Its more stuff like: Don't select your nation until I select, don't do anything til everyone is in the game, etc.

Dont worry about these being strict, I think most would agree that these rules are universal and should be followed regardless of who is host

ICQ number 199215417

I'll join as Spain. ICQ's in sig. so, you say the sessions will be short, eh? I like that.

By the way, I seriously don't recommend tax value mod, as it ratchets up every euro prov to a BT of at least 10, up to 25 for capitals. The support limits will be very crazy.

Oh, and BTW, if I'm going to be spain, I really don't see the point of hardcore pagans. Spain is already a tech behind in all levels, and has alot less starting cash then normal. So, unless you plan to turn on spanish/ottoman boosts, which negates these things, it isn't really fair to the spanish player.

Last edited:
Sry for my short absence. But I am kind of happy that this is going on with full speed. I just have one consideration, thou: I agree with Arco, primary culture on colonies for everyone is fun. I am playing Bocaj's 1453's scen and every nation has Aborigin as state culture, this lead to an uncountable wars in New World, bringing more fun to one of the parts more forgotten in this game.

I'll be adding everyone on my icq as soon as I get a time to do it.

Good to see you here F51!

Formula51 said:
I'll join as Spain. ICQ's in sig. so, you say the sessions will be short, eh? I like that.
good, now we have an Spaniard player... :D.. and yes I prefer short sessions... 3 hours tops...

Formula51 said:
By the way, I seriously don't recommend tax value mod, as it ratchets up every euro prov to a BT of at least 10, up to 25 for capitals. The support limits will be very crazy.
hmmm I was thinking about it yesterday... and yes, perhaps it will be too exagerate.. like the MP boost.. ok.. I'll put it off...

Formula51 said:
Oh, and BTW, if I'm going to be spain, I really don't see the point of hardcore pagans. Spain is already a tech behind in all levels, and has alot less starting cash then normal. So, unless you plan to turn on spanish/ottoman boosts, which negates these things, it isn't really fair to the spanish player.
I always find it too easy for an spaniard player to take on all the americans, too quickly... ok, if another expert enlight me about it, and recommend me not to have this option ON, I'll drop it.... (hey hey, a non-partisan expert ok?.. lol)

Casluerj said:
I just have one consideration, thou: I agree with Arco, primary culture on colonies for everyone is fun. I am playing Bocaj's 1453's scen and every nation has Aborigin as state culture, this lead to an uncountable wars in New World, bringing more fun to one of the parts more forgotten in this game.
uff.. I can imagine... it'll be great :D.... that way we won't have a limitation for taking colonies... ;).... watch it SPA and POR :rofl:

Casluerj said:
I'll be adding everyone on my icq as soon as I get a time to do it.
oh yes... me too... I'm not in my "command center" :cool: so I don't have ICQ here, but as soon as I get back....

well... another thing..... (I think) sadly, POR player hasn't reported yet to this thread... I'll hope we can get a few more candidates and give this country to one of them..... because I'm fully decide of starting this on april 6th.... since we have a very nice roster, the scenario, the date, contact adresses... so, we are almost complete.... only the details of the scenario configuration and POR player are the missing links.....

we are on good track..... ahh, also, I'll start another thread... the AAR thread so we can begin our diplomacy and all that....

Edit: In case you haven't seen it, here's the AAR thread (it's also in the first post)

Last edited:
Well, since there's also a primary culture on colonies, Spain will have an even harder time, as not only will I be getting crucial gold provs later, I'll have to defend my colonies better while I'm preoccupied. Not to mention the extra cores, which give you even more of a reason to invade the caribbean. So, either eliminate one or the other. I'd say the hardcore pagans, cause I also like the primary culture.

You too cas, I hope we can have amiable relations on the subjects of N africa and Austria.

Looking over the other rules:

No galleys outside europe, I don't understand this, because people usually use them to ward off pirates, not to attack.

On the ToT thing, Does that mean I cannot take colonies from other nations? or is it just that I can't colonize outside of it?

On the peace agreements, can we make those things that we choose last longer, if we get a bigger victory?

Also, if there's no portugal for the majority of the game, what then?

For the Cultures, I suggest changing the claim date for the cantonese, han and japanese to 1750. Caslu, did we have it so they could never be claimed?

Last edited:
Formula51 said:
Well, since there's also a primary culture on colonies, Spain will have an even harder time, as not only will I be getting crucial gold provs later, I'll have to defend my colonies better while I'm preoccupied. Not to mention the extra cores, which give you even more of a reason to invade the caribbean. So, either eliminate one or the other. I'd say the hardcore pagans, cause I also like the primary culture.
well ok, good point, it's OFF...

Formula51 said:
No galleys outside europe, I don't understand this, because people usually use them to ward off pirates, not to attack.
sometimes are use to attack... that is why they are not allowed...

Formula51 said:
On the ToT thing, Does that mean I cannot take colonies from other nations? or is it just that I can't colonize outside of it?
POR and SPA can't colonize outside their respective areas, but can conquer...

Formula51 said:
On the peace agreements, can we make those things that we choose last longer, if we get a bigger victory?
well the rule says "at least 15 years"... so, you can negotiate a peace agreement to last more...

Formula51 said:
Also, if there's no portugal for the majority of the game, what then?
it's clear, noone can take her capital only to get her maps... will be protected in order to keep her alive

Formula51 said:
For the Cultures, I suggest changing the claim date for the cantonese, han and japanese to 1750.
ehh.. nop... don't like it... too valuable...

the_genius said:
good, now we have an Spaniard player... :D.. and yes I prefer short sessions... 3 hours tops...

It usually takes half an hour to actualyl load onto vnet, between waiting for players and and acomodating players who may drop in the beginning. ~ That means we will have only around 2 1/2 hours of playing time?? :confused:

EDIT: Im assuming we arent starting tomorrow :( , but rather are waiting until next week? Why launch an AAR thread now when there isnt exactly much that can be done. Any diplomacy between players would most likely be done privately. I just dont want to see that thread bumped off the forum as more active threads replace it

Formula51 said:

I also am not to sure what is meant by this. I read the reply, but it wasn't to clear. Why exactly are galleys outside of europe un-allowed? Its not practical to go on open waters with them anyways, but if people decide to do that, isnt that their business?

Nice title BTW. I would've thought you would choose King of Spain, since you ARE Philip II.

Well, galleys are cheap for sea + coastal warfare in colonies, but I use em for patrol, so random pirates won't show up. It's not such a big loss, though, you can just build transports to stop pirates from spawning, and it makes island to island transport easier. this way, I can put 2k troops on every island, and shuffle them around as needed.

Formula51 said:
Nice title BTW. I would've thought you would choose King of Spain, since you ARE Philip II.

Well, galleys are cheap for sea + coastal warfare in colonies, but I use em for patrol, so random pirates won't show up. It's not such a big loss, though, you can just build transports to stop pirates from spawning, and it makes island to island transport easier. this way, I can put 2k troops on every island, and shuffle them around as needed.

LOL, thanks for the help btw[a good way to show pride in the party ;) ]

I wasnt really asking why you wanted galleys, I was asking why galleys wouldnt be allowed at all. It just seems like a weird rule, and I, like you, was curious why this is even a rule :wacko:

Formula51 said:

Well in real life i am literally Philip II as well, it just so happens there was a spanish king i share a name with :p

Will OE and Spain starts with those boosts?

BTW, I see that Persian provs cant be taken until 1600, but I do think that to "Persian Prov" you mean the ones that arent Ottoman's claims. I think that OE should be able to take its claim at anytime. This rule was made to protect Persia from OE, but cant protect a nation from lose other nation's national cores.

Last edited:
Probably not, unless you can convince Genius for the better. I've already done enough. :) I hope that we don't start too far behind, without them. Well, by persian prov, I think he means persian culture prov, as OE has no cores on those.

Formula51 said:
Probably not, unless you can convince Genius for the better. I've already done enough. :) I hope that we don't start too far behind, without them.
all the nations start with the same tech stats, and enough armies and navies... well, the scenario is called "Balanced"... so.. ;)...

Formula51 said:
Well, by persian prov, I think he means persian culture prov, as OE has no cores on those.
yes, about the persian rule is that, the persian culture provs can't be taken until that date...

and, on the galley rule, well, I put it attending a recommendation someone gave me, mostly because galleys are more effective at the beginning... and the cheap price it has can allow people to build big fleets of this... but, ok, well, since I'm new at this, if there is a consensus between all the players, I will erase that rule

Philip II said:
It usually takes half an hour to actualyl load onto vnet, between waiting for players and and acomodating players who may drop in the beginning. ~ That means we will have only around 2 1/2 hours of playing time?? :confused:
more or less yes... we can get to 3 hours without problems I think...

Philip II said:
EDIT: Im assuming we arent starting tomorrow :( , but rather are waiting until next week? Why launch an AAR thread now when there isnt exactly much that can be done. Any diplomacy between players would most likely be done privately. I just dont want to see that thread bumped off the forum as more active threads replace it
well I posted it mostly because I had a few minutes break yesterday and wanted to get on with it.... and I think we don't have to worry about the thread getting bump off, since we have a link to it in the first post of this thread...

the_genious said:
well, the scenario is called "Balanced"... so.. ...

But we cant forget about the long-term balance, the most important one. This is THE time of OE and Spain after we will only have problems and bad events, I fear that this can damage the balanced. Maybe it was because that that Ryo's make this option available.

This is just my opnion, thou.