• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
you know, just out of curiosity, I actually googled the name Klemens yesterday. Seems there was a count or a duke or some such in the 19th century. any connection or just pure coincidence?

you know, just out of curiosity, I actually googled the name Klemens yesterday. Seems there was a count or a duke or some such in the 19th century. any connection or just pure coincidence?

As in von Metternich? Just pure coincidence as they aren't related, but I do admire Metternich. So kind of a nod to him.

Teaser / Update time!

Work has begun on the next installment "A Time to Feast".

Tomorrow will be a grand new day. I have a surprise for you all tomorrow, and I think you will all enjoy it.

That's an easy one - the Schnack family will tear the mayor apart and eat him like a snack.

I see what you did there! :rofl: (Though I've known about it for quite a long time).

I'm waiting on some last minute work to go through before unleashing a surprise for you all. Be very scared!

Announcing: Nightmare 1942 - The Untold Story

I know, you may be asking or saying: "WHAT?" But never fear, for fear is the worst type on enemy. "Nightmare 1942" will be an extension of "Nightmare" as we know it; and will further expand upon the storyline.

Over the past couple of weeks while writing "Nightmare" I realized I would most likely not be able to fit in the stories about Tristan and his family's lengthy past in as good as detail as I've wanted to. Thus, "Nightmare 1942" was born. In the installments of "Nightmare 1942" we will discover a lot more about the situation the Reich found itself in the days to months after the Soviet betrayal. Characters we have come to love (Tristan), will still be the main story teller, but we will be introduced to several tidbits of information that otherwise would have been left out.

Without further ado, I highly encourage you all to check out:

New Title Page with Links of Interest

The Revised Introduction of Nightmare

The First Installments of Nightmare 1942

Enjoy for now!

quality work, as always. Loving it.

Maybe others aren't, but I'm slightly confused. The new chapters supersede the old ones they replace, but without changing anything up to this point, correct?

Well the old introduction, Disobey and Withdraw; and Race and Reorganize were really hasty overviews of the betrayal and the aftermath. The newer installments that make up Chapter 1 are don't really supersede the old ones. Nothing has really been changed up to this point, just additional information is provided.

There is a few things that the new chapters accomplish (in my mind):

Tristan isn't anti-Hitler at this point. It begins to somewhat develop. I think this critical part of the evolution should have been explained earlier.

The relationship that Tristan has between his family is further explored. This will definitively be explored more in depth in part of Chapter 2; which contains sub-sections named "Inevitable No More"; "A Promise Made", and "A High Price".

Tentatively, I will replace Disobey and Withdraw; and Race and Reorganize. Either they will be re-written to go with the narrative style that "Nightmare" has evolved into; or they will be completely scrapped.

It may sound like a lot to do given that I have about a week left before vacation then training; however; you never know!

I quite liked the new (old) updates, they did a good job of expanding and elaborating on the backstory of Tristan and the world he lives in.

I quite liked the new (old) updates, they did a good job of expanding and elaborating on the backstory of Tristan and the world he lives in.

yeah. As always, it strikes me that you can catch the (probable) mood in Germany at the time so effortlessly. you, sir, should be a writer.

Yeah they are nice, but I would still like to see some screenshots on how the overall situation has changed etc :)

Tim

Cannot guarantee screenshots before I leave for training. However, I might be able to include something soon afterwards. Right now a situation is brewing, one that we know very little about.

yeah. As always, it strikes me that you can catch the (probable) mood in Germany at the time so effortlessly. you, sir, should be a writer.

I like this comment.

Nightmare is really another attempt at a serious writing effort, following the writing style and theme of many books I've read - while incorporating a very serious historical with a-historical matters.

Another strong update, very enjoyable. :)

and so we meet Riley "for the first time". I'm beginning to see why he's so loyal to Tristan.

Another strong update, very enjoyable. :)

Thank you.

and so we meet Riley "for the first time". I'm beginning to see why he's so loyal to Tristan.

Exactly. Chapter 2 - most especially "A Spirit in Distress", really introduces a whole new level to Rhiley that I believe was missing before. Rhiley I think was misunderstood - especially where he sees/hears Tristan killing Himmler. Watch for more action related to "Chapter 2" in the current installments of "A Time to Feast", "The Final Meal", "A Question of Honor", and "Treason in the Family".

Also, are the "Chapter" updates too much or just right for people?

Just a question: General Rudolf von Bünau has lost his two sons in this ATL?