ALL-IN-ONE Mod RED Version with DrBob 2024 BETA2.0 Release 3-26-2024

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent.
So, just to make sure, which version of DrBob's overhaul did you take as a base?
And, from what I have seen you doing, we can probably expect many changes and fixes... would it be possible to give the file you offer for downloading a version-number? I'd hate to burden your pixel-account with not necessary downloads.
From the previous all in regular edition thread I grabbed some compilations of files. I've decided to revert back to my old old build and edit those AI files with what I have learned the past 2 months.

Also built a new nuke enabler decision. Forget ai files. We're just gonna edit the technology file and add enable nukes command to a decision.

CURSE YOU LOTHOS!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think my old build modeled this well. I may need to scrap what I got and start again. Japan is just a steamroller.
Maybe it would be fun idea to put AI files from EODAIP mod too, IMO It's pretty good. Author mentioned using it in other mods here:

• 1Like
Reactions:
From the previous all in regular edition thread I grabbed some compilations of files. I've decided to revert back to my old old build and edit those AI files with what I have learned the past 2 months.

Also built a new nuke enabler decision. Forget ai files. We're just gonna edit the technology file and add enable nukes command to a decision.

CURSE YOU LOTHOS!!!!
What did I do? LOL

• 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
What did I do? LOL
You did some amazing work on my favorite war game :)

If you guys ever get a chance to work on this game again you should make a way for us modders to tell the AI WHERE to nuke. Whether that''s specific provinces or provinces with X number of divisions. Or even to avoid nuking certain country TAGs even if they are at war. This way the USA won't nuke Afghanistan in modern day mods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you, in HoI 2 it was me and one other guy who mainly helped with Events while I worked on the rest. I forgot his name honestly as it was so long ago.

HoI 3 the mod was just me.

I have not worked on Hearts of Iron in an extremely long time. I think since 2014.

Italy starts with 4 BB3 which should be upgraded by event. 2 should become BB6 (they went into reconstruction from 1933 to 1937) and the others should become BB6 or maybe BB7 in 1940 (1937-1940). I think all mods get this wrong in some way because its annoying to write events just for these ships.
getting the 2 firsts in the building queue should to the trick, am I right? no need for an event then

also @Redwolf915 there is an issue with WW1 land doctrine techs, they don't deactivate correctly :

here is USA :

image.png

and here is GER (taking the other way)

fgfgffgjhjgfh.png

Last edited:
I have a game as Japan where I conquered China and the Soviet Far East but never went to war with CW/USA.
SU folded in the Bitter Peace but it's now the 1950s and the only noticeable activity on that front is that every few months the USA lobs a nuke at Ger/ITA.
Shouldn't there eventually be a cold war stalemate-peace, or at least the axis starts throwing nukes back?

I am going through rough real life issues. I will continue work on this mod later this year AFTER I update my What if Germany mod

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a game as Japan where I conquered China and the Soviet Far East but never went to war with CW/USA.
SU folded in the Bitter Peace but it's now the 1950s and the only noticeable activity on that front is that every few months the USA lobs a nuke at Ger/ITA.
Shouldn't there eventually be a cold war stalemate-peace, or at least the axis starts throwing nukes back?
I have not worked on any such event chain. Upload your save file and I can look at what each country is doing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Out of curiosity: are you working on a new version, or you are leaving on how it is?
I intend to fix this game one day this year. It shouldn't need much more tweaking

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good news! I got my old hard drive booted up. I integrated lots of AI files, so expect a near perfect game very very soon. I even got the time traveler stuff oh this is great.

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Good news! I got my old hard drive booted up. I integrated lots of AI files, so expect a near perfect game very very soon. I even got the time traveler stuff oh this is great.
HDDs are hard to kill. Even if the mechanical part dies, you can still recover files from it with proper equipment.
When SSD dies, you will lose everything. That's why backups on external HDDs and in the cloud are essential.

Any ETA for the new version? This month? This year?

• 1Like
Reactions:
MAJOR UPDATE! Almost all bugs are fixed!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Italy starts with 4 BB3 which should be upgraded by event. 2 should become BB6 (they went into reconstruction from 1933 to 1937) and the others should become BB6 or maybe BB7 in 1940 (1937-1940). I think all mods get this wrong in some way because its annoying to write events just for these ships.
Added

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Got a weird situation here Japan is at war with the CW etall but not the USA, and allied with Germany.
Communist China keeps making peace with Finland and then war gets re-declared over-and-over.
Fixed