ALL-IN-ONE Mod RED Version with DrBob 2024 BETA2.0 Release 3-26-2024

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
getting the 2 firsts in the building queue should to the trick, am I right? no need for an event then

also @Redwolf915 there is an issue with WW1 land doctrine techs, they don't deactivate correctly :

here is USA :

image.png

and here is GER (taking the other way)

View attachment 1076421
Fixed

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just tried a quick game as USSR. some questions/suggestions:

1. there are some events which move the "professional_army" slider around outside of the mobilization/demobilization logic. They were probably originally designed for previous versions of DH - they are not compatible with this version. For example, event 3183088 (Lessons of the Winter War) can move the slider around without the corresponding manpower gain/loss that is supposed to accompany mobilization.

Suggested fix: the "professional_army" slider has to be left alone unless the intention is to specifically trigger the mobilization/demobilization events, in which case it has to trigger those mobilization events.

2. "The Luftwaffe Hits Soviet Airfields"

This is an absurd event, there are 10 "delete_unit" commands, and each delete_unit wipes out not just one division but a whole air wing/group and its leader. In other words, if SOV had its air units grouped up in stacks of 8 aircraft each, this event will wipe out 80 (EIGHTY) air divisions. I presume that isn't the intended behavior.
I highly recommend replacing delete_unit with the demobilize command. Demobilize is a much more configurable command that can either destroy a random air division or a division of a specific type.
I.e.
command = { type = demobilize which = air when = 0 where = 1 value = -10 }
This will disband exactly 10 random SOV air divisions.

3. Question. Human SOV gets +12 dissent at the start of the war and another +5 for general mobilization. The "Mass deportation" events give me another +5. Afterwards some other events remove a total of 3 dissent over the course of next year, but that still leaves me with +19 dissent. Is that WAD, am I meant to get rid of it manually? It's tough to fight dissent in wartime, and frankly, it doesn't make a lot of sense for SOV to be struggling with almost 20 dissent with the enemy at the doorstep of Moscow..

Suggestion: add events which subtract dissent based on territory loss. The closer the enemy gets to moscow, the more dissent gets back to normal levels.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Just tried a quick game as USSR. some questions/suggestions:

1. there are some events which move the "professional_army" slider around outside of the mobilization/demobilization logic. They were probably originally designed for previous versions of DH - they are not compatible with this version. For example, event 3183088 (Lessons of the Winter War) can move the slider around without the corresponding manpower gain/loss that is supposed to accompany mobilization.

Suggested fix: the "professional_army" slider has to be left alone unless the intention is to specifically trigger the mobilization/demobilization events, in which case it has to trigger those mobilization events.

2. "The Luftwaffe Hits Soviet Airfields"

This is an absurd event, there are 10 "delete_unit" commands, and each delete_unit wipes out not just one division but a whole air wing/group and its leader. In other words, if SOV had its air units grouped up in stacks of 8 aircraft each, this event will wipe out 80 (EIGHTY) air divisions. I presume that isn't the intended behavior.
I highly recommend replacing delete_unit with the demobilize command. Demobilize is a much more configurable command that can either destroy a random air division or a division of a specific type.
I.e.
command = { type = demobilize which = air when = 0 where = 1 value = -10 }
This will disband exactly 10 random SOV air divisions.

3. Question. Human SOV gets +12 dissent at the start of the war and another +5 for general mobilization. The "Mass deportation" events give me another +5. Afterwards some other events remove a total of 3 dissent over the course of next year, but that still leaves me with +19 dissent. Is that WAD, am I meant to get rid of it manually? It's tough to fight dissent in wartime, and frankly, it doesn't make a lot of sense for SOV to be struggling with almost 20 dissent with the enemy at the doorstep of Moscow..

Suggestion: add events which subtract dissent based on territory loss. The closer the enemy gets to moscow, the more dissent gets back to normal levels.
1. Fixed about to upload

2. Command will now be command = { type = strength which = air when = 0 where = 1 value = 0.25 }
To simulate how bad the Soviet airforce was before 1943

3. Dissent is working as designed. The USSR had SO many problems and dissent is easier than making more morale up and down and IC events. Dissent will not go down for losing territory.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Command will now be command = { type = strength which = air when = 0 where = 1 value = 0.25 }
Ok, so you are still wiping out 75% of Soviet air force at the start of the war with a single event, with absolutely nothing that a player can do to prevent that. Idk, you do you but that seems unreasonable. As a Sov player, I guess i am forced to simply abstain from building any airforce prior to the start of the war as i'm guaranteed to lose basically all of it at the start anyway, so it's a waste of IC. Might as well disband it myself to save supplies..

I am not against "railroading" per se, but this is something else entirely. This is more of a "you don't play the game, the game playes you" event
:D

The USSR had SO many problems and dissent is easier than making more morale up and down and IC events.
I'm aware of the problems it had at the start, but most mods and vanilla make those problems gradually go away as the war progresses or as SOV loses territory. Your mod does not. Aside from that being strange from a historical perspective, this may cause serious balancing issues as it might be very difficult for the human USSR to turn the tide against human Germany if the SOV player is constantly plagued by 20+ dissent. Just something to keep in mind. Maaaaybe you could consider at least making some of those dissent events conditional not only on the SOV being a human player but also on GER being ai? In other words, if GER is AI and SOV is not, then add dissent, but if both GER and SOV are human, then do not add dissent (or add less dissent overall).

Either way, thanks for the prompt response.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ok, so you are still wiping out 75% of Soviet air force at the start of the war with a single event, with absolutely nothing that a player can do to prevent that. Idk, you do you but that seems unreasonable. As a Sov player, I guess i am forced to simply abstain from building any airforce prior to the start of the war as i'm guaranteed to lose basically all of it at the start anyway, so it's a waste of IC. Might as well disband it myself to save supplies..

I am not against "railroading" per se, but this is something else entirely. This is more of a "you don't play the game, the game playes you" event

I'm aware of the problems it had at the start, but most mods and vanilla make those problems gradually go away as the war progresses or as SOV loses territory. Your mod does not. Aside from that being strange from a historical perspective, this may cause serious balancing issues as it might be very difficult for the human USSR to turn the tide against human Germany if the SOV player is constantly plagued by 20+ dissent. Just something to keep in mind. Maaaaybe you could consider at least making some of those dissent events conditional not only on the SOV being a human player but also on GER being ai? In other words, if GER is AI and SOV is not, then add dissent, but if both GER and SOV are human, then do not add dissent (or add less dissent overall).

Honestly, what's your problem? Soviet air force was almost totally obsolete in 1941 and completely unprepared. On the first day of the invasion, about 1500 aircraft were destroyed, totaling about 4000 - 5000 at the end of the first week. There isn't any other way to simulate that other than making an event in DH. This isn't hoi4, it's a heavily hard coded historical game.

both GER and SOV are human

As far as I know, this mod isn't meant to play in multiplayer. lol There are other mods for that, so what we are even talking about here?

I see nothing ahistoric about destroying the Soviet air force. But it'd be nice in MP to make the German player earn it a little more. Maybe the modder would be so kind as to make an MP version of the mod. I'm about to launch a large MP game of AIO Red Sunday. This appears to be the most popular mod right now. While I don't know if I'll have enough players Sunday. When we do launch, expect an AAR.

Another bug I think. Any event that has been slept will be treated by the game as if it has never occurred, even if it has actually occurred, and thus any future condition that checks for whether that event has occurred will always fail. As things are currently, event 3183271 will never fire, and anything that depends on 3183271 will also not fire because it has the same exact problem.

1711765219843.png

1711765315740.png

The SOV air force will have each unit reduced in strength requiring SOV to manually put IC into reinforcements to fix the air force.

I am simply too lazy to write and test and balance organization and morale nerfs on SOV fighters, bombers,etc and also write triggers to ensure no nerfs carry into the cold war.

Literally 1 person has donated over 3 years and my wife is sick of seeing this map on screen in the living room. You are encouraged to edit this event if it is ruining your playthrough because RED versions two visions are to get you into the Cold War with a historical-ish looking Europe (depending on where USA and USSR forces destroy Germany. I've seen them divide Italy and France many times). And to provide a painful challenge for Major country players. I've never seen the Soviets lose in 75+ simulations.

RED version will never be balanced for multi player unless Paradox wants to finally hire me, but then they'd just stick me on Hoi5 so lol rip me.

Mod the mod to your heart's content

• 2Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The SOV air force will have each unit reduced in strength requiring SOV to manually put IC into reinforcements to fix the air force.
Oh, right you used the strength command, not demobilize, my bad. Then it's not quite as bad as I thought, though it's still pretty tough all things considered. :)

Germany still can't initiate trade with Italy. Is this a bug or it's actually intended? But seen this one before...
Bez tytułu.png

-Event about German state visit to Greece gives -1IC.

-Event in 1938 about dismissing armaments minister puts Hjalmar Schacht back in office, which is unhistorical AFAIK

Germany still can't initiate trade with Italy. Is this a bug or it's actually intended? But seen this one before...
View attachment 1112179

-Event about German state visit to Greece gives -1IC.

-Event in 1938 about dismissing armaments minister puts Hjalmar Schacht back in office, which is unhistorical AFAIK
That Italian trade bug is a longstanding issuer for AIO-based mods (WIF?) and effects all nations trying to trade with Italy. AFAIK, there's never been a fix for it and I have no idea what causes it.