• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

And on the Thursday it is released I don't get back from college until 16:00. And I have to go out 2 hours afterwards - and I will be out till late.

And I have February the 1st off from college.

Gee, thanks :(

EDIT: Okay, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Paradox had abandoned retail versions of their game! What was it, 90, 95% of your sales come from digital? You should not be having this problem...

Last edited:
This is very unfortunate. And telling this us one day before the original release??!
But I still think that it has to have one or two patches before it gets as playable as purposed, so I don't see why do we have to wait one more week because it'll only became finished in late Spring/early Summer by patches just as HoI3 FTM.

RAAAAAAGE_by_necryll.jpg

I will find you and squeeze you tiny little Paradox men! RAWR!

Just as well-I probably won't get my laptop back till the beginning of February, anyway (nasty computer viruses...).

Out of curiousity, what kind of distribution issue was it? Did Steam or Gamersgate screw up on you?

I have no problem with the delay, just make sure the game is finished when its released, take as much time as you need.

This. I'd rather have a finished game late than a game with tons of bugs in it on time.

Release date now corresponds with the start of my weekend

Me too :D I have the day off after it is released, so I can get some good play time then. I've got to work this Wednesday, but not next :)

Good on you Paradox for announcing the delay here. Disappointing, but at least you let everyone know. Secondly, I hope you use the second week well; you're talk of balancing has already got me salivating... To everyone complaining about PI being 'unprofessional' I would say simply that they do things a little differently from most other games companies. Would you prefer that they instead focused on the bottom line like a 'professional' business and stuck to release dates come heaven, high water and game breaking bugs? Or instead, would you prefer a company that instead takes risks when making games, releases them only when their reasonably satisfied with them and then keep working on them until they become worthy classics?

Last edited:
I'm a huge Paradox fan but this is pretty upsetting honestly. Informing their incredibly loyal and amazing fans a day before the release of a game that it will be delayed by almost a week if ridiculous, how are distribution errors not seen in advance?

At least give us a demo or something, the AARs are nice but also incredibly short and don't feel very entertaining.

I have faith in Paradox and will remain a loyal fan but am deeply hoping this kind of stuff isn't going to be a repeat problem.I don't want to have to be upset by another game delayed less that 24 hours before launch.