• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What the hell? Arizona and New Mexico were not in the CSA...

IIRC, they played almost no role in the ACW, and both of them allowed slavery (even if there were no slaves in them), so I guess it is moderately safe to give them to the CSA, even if during the ACW they were as if they didn´t exist.

They were actually for a fairly brief time held by confederate forces that were driven out in several battles with union forces. Since they wernt states at the time, their process of secession is less formal and more about troop presence. I think It is perfectly reasonable to put them in the CSA's control when the war starts.

Wikipedia:

At the outbreak of the Civil War, sentiment in the territory was in favor of the Confederacy. A territorial secession convention was held at Mesilla on March 16, 1861 that adopted an ordinance of secession, and called on the citizens in western Arizona to "join us in this movement". Subsequently a second convention was held in Tucson on March 28, 1861, chaired by Mark Aldrich, who had been Tucson's first mayor. The Tucson convention ratified the Mesilla convention, and provisional officers were elected for the newly established Provisional Confederate Territory of Arizona with Dr. Lewis Owings as its governor, and Granville H. Oury as its first delegate to the Confederate States Congress, who immediately began petitioning for admission.

Early in war, the Confederacy regarded the territory as a valuable route for possible access to the Pacific Ocean, with the specific intention of capturing California. In July 1861, a small Confederate force of Texans, under the command of Lieutenant Colonel John R. Baylor, captured Mesilla in the eastern part of the territory. After the fort was abandoned by the Union garrison, Baylor's force cut off the fleeing Union troops and forced them to surrender. On August 1, Baylor issued a "The Proclamation to the People of the Territory of Arizona", taking possession of the territory for the Confederacy, with Mesilla as the capital and himself as the governor.

I like that AHD is not so much about the acw but improves the hole game, since I have no interest in the acw :)

Edit: since there will be a start date with the acw, will it be possible/more easy to avoid the war when you start in 1836?

I like that AHD is not so much about the acw but improves the hole game, since I have no interest in the acw :)

Edit: since there will be a start date with the acw, will it be possible/more easy to avoid the war when you start in 1836?

Yes, I am also happy about that. And I have to question again: Nobody wonders how the hell is (look at the screenshots) 1861 and the UK (number 1 in ranking) just has 100 prestige, 80 IC and 24 MS???? I guess some important changes in score system are on the way.

Yes, I am also happy about that. And I have to question again: Nobody wonders how the hell is (look at the screenshots) 1861 and the UK (number 1 in ranking) just has 100 prestige, 80 IC and 24 MS???? I guess some important changes in score system are on the way.

Or it's an early beta/alpha shot and the UK hasn't been set up properly in the scenario files, yet. :)

Reading that made me wish we had something whacky and hilarious for the first AHD DD, too!

Well, why not?

A House Divided: Union Marine DD 1

For AHD we have decided on a change of pace. Rather than yet another Grand Strategy game, we're taking Victoria 2 in a new direction: FPS.

Using a range of authentic period weaponry ranging from sabre and pistol to a Gatling gun, Abraham Lincoln must carve his way through the rebellious states of the CSA. A little known fact about Lincoln was that he was a remarkably strong man, but this will be fully realised in AHD: Your melee blows will send secessionists flying, and you can execute weaker enemies with a single blow (this causes Lincoln's health to re-generate).

The key concept in AHD is Lincoln's ability to deliver violence upon his enemies. Combat will be fast-paced and brutal, flowing seamlessly between ranged and melee combat. You can even use a one-handed gun and melee weapon at the same time. Every enemy has multiple death animations for each weapon in the game. Rebels will swarm on from every side and Lincoln must use all his skills, including a range of knock-backs and stuns, in order to survive.

The Campaign will involve Lincoln battling his way though all 11 states of the CSA, with a Confederate general as a boss-monster at the end of each. The game will end in Richmond, Virgina, and will feature a cinematic final battle against both Richard E Lee and Jefferson Davis. Will Lincoln prevail? Only time will tell!

lincoln2.png

Last edited:
That reminds me, I want this in AHD: :D

Steampunk-LOL5.jpg

This bugs me somewhat. If it is indeed the case that this is to stop Austrian/Prussian Greenland from appearing every other game, there must be a better solution?

What I think that they should do is to start Schleswig-Holstein as a Danish satellite. There would be a decision un-locked by The State and Government or Nationalism and Imperialism that would allow Denmark to annex it. This would then lead to reactions from Prussia and Austria.

Well, why not?

For AHD we have decided on a change of pace. Rather than yet another Grand Strategy game, we're taking Victoria 2 in a new direction: FPS.

Using a number of authentic period weaponry ranging from sabre and pistol to a Gatling gun. Abraham Lincoln must carve his way through the rebellious states of the CSA. A little known fact about Lincoln was that he was a remarkably strong man, but this will be fully realised in AHD: Your melee blows will send secessionists flying, and you can execute weaker enemies with a single blow (this causes Lincoln's health to re-generate).

The key concept in AHD is Lincoln's ability to deliver violence upon his enemies. Combat will be fast-paced and brutal, flowing seamlessly between ranged and melee combat. You can even use a one-handed gun and melee weapon at the same time. Every enemy has multiple death animations for each weapon in the game. Rebels will swarm on on from every side and Lincoln must use all his skills, including a range of knock-backs and stuns, in order to survive.

The Campaign will involve Lincoln battling his way though all 11 states of the CSA, with a Confederate general as a boss-monster at the end of each. The game will end in Richmond, Virgina, and will feature a cinematic final battle again both Richard E Lee and Jefferson Davis. Will Lincoln prevail? Only time will tell!

View attachment 40675

I'm going to make a CyberLenin mod

Well, why not?

Using a number of authentic period weaponry ranging from sabre and pistol to a Gatling gun. Abraham Lincoln must carve his way through the rebellious states of the CSA. A little known fact about Lincoln was that he was a remarkably strong man, but this will be fully realised in AHD: Your melee blows will send secessionists flying, and you can execute weaker enemies with a single blow (this causes Lincoln's health to re-generate).

The key concept in AHD is Lincoln's ability to deliver violence upon his enemies. Combat will be fast-paced and brutal, flowing seamlessly between ranged and melee combat. You can even use a one-handed gun and melee weapon at the same time. Every enemy has multiple death animations for each weapon in the game. Rebels will swarm on on from every side and Lincoln must use all his skills, including a range of knock-backs and stuns, in order to survive.

The Campaign will involve Lincoln battling his way though all 11 states of the CSA, with a Confederate general as a boss-monster at the end of each. The game will end in Richmond, Virgina, and will feature a cinematic final battle again both Richard E Lee and Jefferson Davis. Will Lincoln prevail? Only time will tell!

View attachment 40675

I would buy that game.

Well, why not?

View attachment 40675

Sounds like Batman: Arkham Asylum, except with Lincoln as Batman and Conferderates as bad guys. But that begs the question, who is the joker? Oh and could you liscence the bad guy from Wild Wild West? Would add a fun twist.

Well, why not?

View attachment 40675
Nice but this didn`t beat the great "for the mothland DD" for me.

At the beginning of the war, there was no Arizona. What is now the states of Arizona and New Mexico were simply known as New Mexico Territory, which also included the portion of what is now Nevada around Las Vegas, south of the 37th parallel (this did not become part of the State of Nevada until 1867). The Confederates claimed the territory south of the 34th parallel and called it "Arizona Territory" but it had little relation to what would become the modern state of Arizona. There were a number of small battles in the territory but the Confederates lost control of the region after their defeat at the Battle of Glorieta Pass in March 1862. The battle involved the 1st Colorado Infantry and detachments from the 1st and 3rd US Cavalry Regiments for the Union side and portions of 4 different Texas Mounted Rifle Regiments (the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 7th) for the Confederate side.

Well, why not?

View attachment 40675

I, for one, welcome our new bearded abolitionist overlord!