• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(let's be real, these are Warhammers Beastmen)
IDK as a Greek Mythology fan I'm just seeing Satyrs (Fauns) and I'm super happy about that, since it's a mythological creature I like and have missed in AoW for a long time (they were in AoW 1 but never reapepared). I can't wait to create a Satyr faction with the Great God Pan as Wizard King :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sorry for post spam but I'm kinda excited, this is the last one for now:

Is it me or they've added "ear twitch" to the models (or was it present before)?

New-Forms2.gif

Now that's cute!
It wasnt, but there were no species with large ears. Cats have small, humanoids are identical and calm, moles and rats are calm too.
So goats and dogs are good boys!

• 1Like
Reactions:
It wasnt, but there were no species with large ears. Cats have small, humanoids are identical and calm, moles and rats are calm too.
So goats and dogs are good boys!

In real life the ears of cats move and twitch too though. (Not sure about rats, I have too little experience with them).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm so jazzed for the Goat and Canine forms that I've already got like 5 factions planned for each. These 'bestial forms' really make me happy.

(meanwhile, I still have not a single mole faction)

• 1Like
Reactions:
- Will there be any UI for Dragon Dawn, just like there is for Primal Fury and Empires&Ashes?

- Did Michiel compose any new music for this pack?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm back on the hype train again and it feels great! Can we select what UI we use in the options?

Loving the Naga transformation, to me this feels like the big suprise of this dlc, similar to playing as a dragon leader was for the dragon dlc. This is somthing I never thought we would see honestly.

The new culture being semi customisable with a chosen animal sounds interesting, I wonder how differently each animal will play?

Awesome job as always though Devs! :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Some musings on the premade leaders: there are four, and I assume we'll get x2 new leaders who use the lupine and goat forms.

So this will leave us with Serana and Arvik as our returning characters (and I'm hoping the presence trait will be Nimue vs Serana). Serana fits, although Arvik is kinda odd- I can see it, but I would have thought dark culture would have been a better fit overall. If you wanted a Primal Frostling faction, Sanhild would have been perfect although I guess she may not have survived in the canonical ending of AoW III. I'm kinda surprised we're not getting Mab, because the new culture seems like it would have been perfect for her goblins (especially with the tunneling spider spirit).

The Wolf Update includes:

• War Bounty System - wonder what this is about, maybe sth to do with Diplomacy/AI Interactions?
  • New Form Traits - always welcome
  • Hero Recruitment Update - maybe we can finally randomize/reset the hero pool?
  • Necromancy Overhaul - interesting, it was already nerfed so a buff maybe?
  • Pantheon Update - mentioned this before but I wonder if this is simply "new content" or sth more
  • Quality of Life Updates and more! - which reminds me...
@Triumph Jordi how is that AI development going? War Coordination is still lacking and last time I played the game AI allies were still kinda useless...

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • War Bounty System - wonder what this is about, maybe sth to do with Diplomacy/AI Interactions?
  • New Form Traits - always welcome
  • Hero Recruitment Update - maybe we can finally randomize/reset the hero pool?
  • Necromancy Overhaul - interesting, it was already nerfed so a buff maybe?
  • Pantheon Update - mentioned this before but I wonder if this is simply "new content" or sth more
  • Quality of Life Updates and more! - which reminds me...
@Triumph Jordi how is that AI development going? War Coordination is still lacking and last time I played the game AI allies were still kinda useless...
War Bounties are a system that allow you to offer quests to other players, it was shown in the last play stream.

• 3Like
Reactions:
it appears to be a new special province improvement (since it`s near forester and quarry)
That was my initial thought but judging by the new Tomes there is only one new land based special province improvement (Feywater Pond) and there's also sth that seems like a new object on the same screen that imo fits the name better (but it also might be sth I didn't see in the base game yet, or it's sth related to the new Culture):

2024-01-30 220916.png

My bet is on a new wonder related to Fey (you might fight Mistlings in it).

Some musings on the premade leaders: there are four, and I assume we'll get x2 new leaders who use the lupine and goat forms.

So this will leave us with Serana and Arvik as our returning characters (and I'm hoping the presence trait will be Nimue vs Serana). Serana fits, although Arvik is kinda odd- I can see it, but I would have thought dark culture would have been a better fit overall. If you wanted a Primal Frostling faction, Sanhild would have been perfect although I guess she may not have survived in the canonical ending of AoW III. I'm kinda surprised we're not getting Mab, because the new culture seems like it would have been perfect for her goblins (especially with the tunneling spider spirit).

Considering they mentioned the Wolf Update will have a "Necromancy Overhaul", I guess this is why they are going to bring Arvik back here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ir looks like this DLC will add a lot of customization options... would be nice if they tweaked the race transformation options so you could have more control over the look of your faction.
I'd say that race transformations should be tweaked not only in terms of look but in terms of balance. They are just no brainer buffs. Each of them should give not only bonuses but debuffs too.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'd say that race transformations should be tweaked not only in terms of look but in terms of balance. They are just no brainer buffs. Each of them should give not only bonuses but debuffs too.
They do. All Major transformations (except Astral one, and it should be reworked, imo) gives you any kind of Type. Like, Gaia gives Plants. Thus your vulnerability changes. Or Angels being weak to frost and blight. And so on.

• 1Like
Reactions: