• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FangirlCrazily

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
Feb 7, 2023
Fellow Godir,

We are excited to announce that the Primal Fury Content Pack and the free Wolf Update are going to be available in less than a month — on February 27th.

Wishlist it here now!

Watch a key art reveal and a small content teaser below. The Primal Fury First Look stream and a special Developer Diary are going to be available later this week, on Thursday!

Reach your true potential and get in touch with your inner Godir with the help of the Age of Wonders 4: Primal Fury Content Pack:

• New Forms: Lupine & Goatkin
  • New Realm: Stormwreathed Isles
  • New Tomes: Tome of Fey Mists and Tome of the Stormborne.
  • New Culture: Primal Culture - From the Tunneling Spider to the Glacial Mammoth, choose one of seven primal animals for your people to worship and shape their physical and spiritual lives.
  • 4 Achievements
  • 4 New Premade Rulers, including the return of Arvik the Dark and Serena, self-proclaimed master of Elves and their Eternal Trees
  • 6 New Wildlife and Compositions that expand the variety of units you’ll encounter
  • 4 New Mounts split between Default options and Exotic Mount Traits
  • New Primal Interface Skin

And that’s not all! We keep on working on the base game improvements and are happy to share with you the highlights of the upcoming Wolf Update, which is FREE for all owners of the game. The following content doesn’t require any purchase and will be available on the 27th of February independently from the Primal Fury Content Pack.

The Wolf Update includes:

• War Bounty System
  • New Form Traits
  • Hero Recruitment Update
  • Necromancy Overhaul
  • Pantheon Update
  • Quality of Life Updates and more!

F.A.Q.

What is a Content Pack and how is it different from an Expansion?
Content Pack is usually smaller than an Expansion, which is also reflected in the pricing.

How can I purchase the Content Pack?
For now you can Wishlist it and buy the DLC when it is out. But you can still purchase Expansion pass or Premium version of the game to have it added to your library in advance — it will be available at the DLC launch.

When will the DLC be available?
Primal Fury Content Pack will be available on February 27th.

What is the Wolf Update?
It is a free update that includes various fixes and some gameplay feature updates based on the community feedback and requests.

How will the multiplayer work if my friend owns Primal Fury and I don’t?
The DLC ownership rights of the game's host are used. If the host owns the DLC, all players can use the content as if they owned it.

Be the first to get information about Primal Fury:

• 28Love
  • 22Like
Reactions:
I LOVE the Goatkin! I can finally have Styrs again. Missed them since AoW1!

Nice to see a official water tome, but I hope we will get more focus on water if a 2nd expansion pass happens.

Cat mounts! Mammoth mounts! Crocodile months! Lots of good stuff.

And yessss! Serena is back!

Also LOVE the aesthetic of the Primal Culture from these screenshots.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It looks good, always enjoy having more content for Age of Wonders 4. But I am disappointed there's no centaur stuff, maybe in the future perhaps? Still, it's nice to get canine forms, I've been wanting that since the beginning.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Triumph, you are so predictable... in a good way of course!

Welp, we basically got most of the requested stuff:
- more mounts - check. And basically the most requested ones: cat, crocodile (no lizard though?) and mammoth (and Elephant/Oliphant)
- wolf and ram/sheep (let's be real, these are Warhammers Beastmen) forms - check. I see no werewolves but there's still the "physical shape" teaser
- Primal/Druid culture. I'm intrigued by the "totem animal" feat, sounds like a cool mechanic and it makes so much sense
- Primal Inteface skin... do you mean like actual in game UI skin?

Can't wait!

PS: Friendly reminder - as usual some bonus stuff is available on DLC's Steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/2401850/Age_of_Wonders_4_Primal_Fury/.

PS 2: This form looks sick:
ss_681ed0ef969dd7e1089b70b742d373857a66beca.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Triumph, you are so predictable... in a good way of course!

Welp, we basically got most of the requested stuff:
- more mounts - check. And basically the most requested ones: cat, crocodile (no lizard though?) and mammoth
- wolf and ram/sheep (let's be real, these are Warhammers Beastmen) forms - check. I see no werewolves but there's still the "physical shape" teaser
- Primal/Druid culture. I'm intrigued by the "totem animal" feat, sounds like a cool mechanic and it makes so much sense
- Primal Inteface skin... do you mean like actual in game UI skin?

Can't wait!

PS: Friendly reminder - as usual some bonus stuff on DLC's Steam page https://store.steampowered.com/app/2401850/Age_of_Wonders_4_Primal_Fury/.
Seems like Wolf god worhip will give a wolf transformation. That fancy runed wolf, as a spell. Or a Summon.

Also, people requested Naga.

Presenting - Naga Form (which is actually much cooler idea overall as you can not only create Lizard + Naga form, but also human-like Naga or stuff like Mole Naga):

ss_9d5ad7f864c755e102291d571e70bad7634c254f.1920x1080.jpg

Naga.gif

Wait... two tails?

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Ir looks like this DLC will add a lot of customization options... would be nice if they tweaked the race transformation options so you could have more control over the look of your faction.

PS: People probably missed this but Wolf update promises some kind of (much requested) Pantheon update.

PS 2: The funny creature with mask in trailer is probably called Mistling.

PS 3: Seems there will be some more Swamp/Water tiles support.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Sorry for post spam but I'm kinda excited, this is the last one for now:

Is it me or they've added "ear twitch" to the models (or was it present before)?

New-Forms2.gif

Now that's cute!

• 6Like
Reactions: