• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hilary and Haylie Duff.

Dunno if Harold would feel proud of this... :D

It's a bit of a coincidente that, right now, I'm translating into Spanish a small book about the Norman Conquest that will be published in a month or so... :D

RGB: Indeed. You can thank Edward III for that -- he spread the blood of the Godwines throughout all of the later Plantagenet generations. And in case you're wondering how Gytha's line wound its way back to England, it passed first to the Kievan Rus' (as you know), then on to Hungary, Aragon, and France before finally returning to the English royal bloodline in the person of Queen Isabella, wife of Edward II (the "She-Wolf" of France).

Kurt_Steiner: I'm sure he's pleased to have any descendants at all. :) And that is quite the coincidence, especially given the dalliance of Godwine lineage in Spain's royal bloodline that I mentioned above to RGB.

I've got some good news to report--finals are finally over, which means I'll finally have time to devote to the story again. :)

In the meantime, to hold you Saxon fans over, here's a special remix of King Harold and the Saxons rocking out to Muse while giving the Normans a beatdown at Hastings. (I actually think the video and that song synched up rather well.) ;)

Last edited:
Hello again, old chap! Glad to see this story is still up and running! I've been away for a very long time! But I am going to be catching up with this one shortly, so expect some comments in the near future!

New updates please!